General Electric Co. (GE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GE POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91% of US stocks.
- GE's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- GE ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
GE Stock Summary
- General Electric Co's market capitalization of $113,015,370,228 is ahead of 97.69% of US-listed equities.
- Over the past twelve months, GE has reported earnings growth of 779.17%, putting it ahead of 96.96% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GE is more volatile than 99.98% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to General Electric Co are CAT, ZTS, DE, IBM, and MMM.
- GE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit General Electric Co's official web site, go to www.ge.com.
GE Valuation Summary
- GE's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 54.55% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 264.1.
- Over the past 243 months, GE's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GE.
GE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -78.25%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 105.02%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 64.71%.
The table below shows GE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.23% of graded US stocks.
- GE's asset turnover comes in at 0.31 -- ranking 36th of 52 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- POLA, AYI, and NOVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GE.
The table below shows GE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$103.80||52-week high||$115.32|
|Prev. close||$102.96||52-week low||$48.16|
|Day high||$104.20||Avg. volume||9,003,778|
|50-day MA||$102.83||Dividend yield||0.31%|
|200-day MA||$101.27||Market Cap||114.18B|
General Electric Co. (GE) Company Bio
General Electric Co. is an American multinational conglomerate, founded in 1892 in Schenectady, New York. General Electric is best known for its work in the Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation and Healthcare industries. Headquartered in Boston, MA, General Electric has operations in over 180 countries and employs over 170,000 people worldwide. In 2020, Fortune 500 ranked GE as the 33rd largest firm in the United States by gross revenue.
Most Popular Stories View All
GE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GE Latest Social Stream
View Full GE Social Stream
Latest GE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Electric Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GE as an investment opportunity.
The Chicago-based aerospace giant predicts China will require 8,700 new airplanes by 2040, valued at $1.47 trillion, to meet expanding commercial air travel demand.
GE's turnaround is gaining traction as key businesses improve while the industrial giant continues to shrink its debt load.
General Electric Co., once a bellwether of blue-chip stocks, is no longer a part of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Learn about its rise and fall.
General Electric's (GE) acquisition of BK Medical will augment its ultrasound business and enable it to expand into diagnostics, surgical, and therapeutic interventions.
Notice to Persons Who Purchased OR Acquired General Electric (NYSE: GE) Senior Notes Regarding Dismissal of Putative Securities Class Action by Bernstein Liebhard LLP
This Notice, which has been authorized by the Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York, related to the requested dismissal without prejudice of the putative class action captioned Houston Municipal Employees Pension System v General Electric Company, et al., 655229/2018 (the "Action").
GE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|