General Electric Company (GE): Price and Financial Metrics
GE Stock Summary
- GE has a higher market value than 98.1% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $103,667,226,630.
- General Electric Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.47% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 9.23 for General Electric Co; that's greater than it is for 91.13% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UPS, AXP, MO, CVS, and DEO.
- GE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit General Electric Co's official web site, go to www.ge.com.
GE Stock Price Chart More Charts
GE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.52||52-week high||$12.23|
|Prev. close||$11.44||52-week low||$7.65|
|Day high||$11.55||Avg. volume||57,607,816|
|50-day MA||$11.43||Dividend yield||0.35%|
|200-day MA||$10.07||Market Cap||100.61B|
General Electric Company (GE) Company Bio
General Electric operates as an infrastructure and financial services company worldwide. The company's products and services include aircraft engines, power generation, water processing, and household appliances to medical imaging, business and consumer financing and industrial products. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
GE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for General Electric Co. To summarize, we found that General Electric Co ranked in the 7st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for General Electric Co ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is -0.06 -- which is good for besting only 13.91% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.47 years comes in at -0.26%; that's greater than only 6.91% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- 51% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 20.84% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|