General Electric Co. (GE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GE POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where GE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.88% of US stocks.
- GE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
GE Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $72,800,160,442, GENERAL ELECTRIC CO has a greater market value than 97.13% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -48.81%, GENERAL ELECTRIC CO's debt growth rate surpasses only 6.33% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GE comes in at 50.67% -- higher than that of 96.76% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENERAL ELECTRIC CO, a group of peers worth examining would be ZTS, SYK, MMM, BDX, and CAT.
- GE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GENERAL ELECTRIC CO's official web site, go to www.ge.com.
GE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GE's price/sales ratio is 16.67% lower, now standing at 1.
- GE's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GE.
GE Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 72.46%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -125.95%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -44.4%.
The table below shows GE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.48% of graded US stocks.
- GE's asset turnover comes in at 0.311 -- ranking 36th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- RRX, AYI, and NOVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GE.
The table below shows GE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.55||52-week high||$116.17|
|Prev. close||$65.36||52-week low||$59.93|
|Day high||$65.08||Avg. volume||6,680,300|
|50-day MA||$72.75||Dividend yield||0.5%|
|200-day MA||$82.78||Market Cap||70.78B|
General Electric Co. (GE) Company Bio
General Electric Co. is an American multinational conglomerate, founded in 1892 in Schenectady, New York. General Electric is best known for its work in the Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation and Healthcare industries. Headquartered in Boston, MA, General Electric has operations in over 180 countries and employs over 170,000 people worldwide. In 2020, Fortune 500 ranked GE as the 33rd largest firm in the United States by gross revenue.
Most Popular Stories View All
GE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GE Latest Social Stream
View Full GE Social Stream
Latest GE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENERAL ELECTRIC CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GE as an investment opportunity.
General Electric Co on Tuesday confirmed it has hired Mavi Zingoni to head up the company's power unit, which comprises its gas, steam and nuclear power businesses. Zingoni, who served as executive managing director of client and low carbon generation business at Spanish energy group Repsol, will report to Scott Strazik, who heads GE's portfolio of energy businesses. Zingoni joins at a time when the industrial conglomerate is preparing to split into three public companies.
The reality is it has been a volatile summer of trading.
CHICAGO/LONDON (Reuters) -General Electric Co on Tuesday confirmed it has hired Mavi Zingoni to head up the company's power unit, which comprises its gas, steam and nuclear power businesses. Zingoni, who served as executive managing director of client and low carbon generation business at Spanish energy group Repsol, will report to Scott Strazik, who heads GE's portfolio of energy businesses. Zingoni joins at a time when the industrial conglomerate is preparing to split into three public companies.
General Electric Co has hired Mavi Zingoni as head of its power unit, which comprises gas, steam and nuclear power businesses, according to an internal memo reviewed by Reuters on Tuesday. Zingoni, who served as executive managing director of client and low carbon generation business at Spanish energy group Repsol, will take over on Jan. 1 and will be based in the United States, the memo said. GE plans to separate its healthcare business in January next year.
The top shareholders of GE are H. Lawrence Culp Jr., Russell Stokes, Jeffrey S. Bornstein, T. Rowe Price Associates, Vanguard Group, and BlackRock.
GE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|