General Electric Co. (GE): Price and Financial Metrics
GE Stock Summary
- GE has a higher market value than 97.92% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $117,052,025,700.
- GE's went public 35.33 years ago, making it older than 92.8% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, GE has reported earnings growth of -32,803.85%, putting it ahead of merely 0.07% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GPRO, NOG, SYNL, SHYF, and CAT.
- GE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit General Electric Co's official web site, go to www.ge.com.
GE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.41||52-week high||$14.41|
|Prev. close||$13.35||52-week low||$5.48|
|Day high||$13.68||Avg. volume||79,648,195|
|50-day MA||$13.00||Dividend yield||0.3%|
|200-day MA||$9.54||Market Cap||117.80B|
General Electric Co. (GE) Company Bio
General Electric Co. is an American multinational conglomerate, founded in 1892 in Schenectady, New York. General Electric is best known for its work in the Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation and Healthcare industries. Headquartered in Boston, MA, General Electric has operations in over 180 countries and employs over 170,000 people worldwide.
GE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for General Electric Co. To summarize, we found that General Electric Co ranked in the 4th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 99%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for General Electric Co ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 61. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 23.67% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.55 years, is -0.37% -- higher than only 3.62% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- General Electric Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GE Latest Social Stream
View Full GE Social Stream
Latest GE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Electric Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GE as an investment opportunity.
Longleaf Partners Fund, a Memphis-based fund under Southeastern Asset Management, recently released its Q1 2021 Investor Letter, a copy of which you can download here. The fund posted a return of 18.22% for the quarter, outperforming its benchmark, the S&P 500 Index which returned 6.18% in the same quarter. You should check out Longleaf Partners’ […]
GE and Hitachi ABB Power Grids Sign Landmark Agreement to Reduce Environmental Impact in the Electrical Transmission Industry
GE Renewable Energy’s Grid Solutions business (NYSE: GE) and Hitachi ABB Power Grids Ltd. announced today a non-exclusive, cross-licensing agreement related to the use of an alternative gas to sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) used in high voltage equipment. This fluoronitrile-based gas mixture has a significantly reduced impact on the environment compared to SF6.
GE stock's long-term shareholders are still trying to recover from the Jack Welch years, but the company seems to be turning a corner.
GME stock is the Wild West of investing because there are no rules so buyer beware.
RBC Capital Stick to Their Buy Rating for General Electric
GE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|