General Electric Co. (GE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GE POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.14% of US stocks.
- GE's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 45th percentile.
GE Stock Summary
- GE has a market capitalization of $99,528,112,348 -- more than approximately 97.91% of US stocks.
- GE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,059.24 -- higher than 97.23% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- GE's went public 37.26 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are STE, PAY, LTH, CAT, and MLAB.
- Visit GE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ge.com.
GE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GE's price/earnings ratio is 8145.55% lower, now standing at -1536.7.
- GE's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GE.
GE Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1694.76%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -77.48%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -59.59%.
The table below shows GE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.48% of graded US stocks.
- GE's asset turnover comes in at 0.311 -- ranking 36th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- RRX, AYI, and NOVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GE.
The table below shows GE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GE Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of GE, see our GE price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$122.80||Average Broker Recommendation||1.55 (Moderate Buy)|
GE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.14||52-week high||$94.94|
|Prev. close||$93.31||52-week low||$46.55|
|Day high||$93.74||Avg. volume||8,257,895|
|50-day MA||$84.98||Dividend yield||0.35%|
|200-day MA||$65.02||Market Cap||101.55B|
General Electric Co. (GE) Company Bio
General Electric Co. is an American multinational conglomerate, founded in 1892 in Schenectady, New York. General Electric is best known for its work in the Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation and Healthcare industries. Headquartered in Boston, MA, General Electric has operations in over 180 countries and employs over 170,000 people worldwide. In 2020, Fortune 500 ranked GE as the 33rd largest firm in the United States by gross revenue.
Most Popular Stories View All
GE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GE Latest Social Stream
View Full GE Social Stream
Latest GE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENERAL ELECTRIC CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GE as an investment opportunity.
GE Has Surged and Still Holds a Key Breakout Level. Here's the Trade.
General Electric shares are up more than 40% in 2023 and continue to hold above a key breakout area. Here's how to trade them now.
Why Shares in General Electric Beat the Market Today
The industrial giant received some good commentary on its end markets -- and analysts were talking about a rival company.
20 Biggest Power Generation Companies in the World
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 20 biggest power generation companies in the world. To skip our detailed analysis, you can go directly to see the 5 biggest power generation companies in the world. Consistent generation and supply of power is absolutely integral to the development of any economy, and […]
GE Stock Offers New Entry After Rallying 40% — Is It A Buy?
General Electric will emerge as an aviation and defense pure play in early 2024 after completing its big breakup. Is GE stock a buy as it works on a new entry? The company remains on track to spin off its energy business, as GE Vernova, in early 2024.
UPDATE 1-UK's competition watchdog to examine EDF buying GE's nuclear turbine unit
UK's anti-trust regulator said on Monday it was looking into whether FDF's proposed acquisition of General Electric Co's France-based nuclear turbine unit could lead to competition concerns. The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said it was inviting comments from the companies concerned related to the impact the deal could have on competition in the UK. EDF had entered into an exclusive agreement with GE to buy part of GE's Steam Power's nuclear power activities, bringing together nuclear steam turbine technology and service expertise.
GE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GEHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on General Electric Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
General Electric Co (GE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
General Electric Co (GE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
General Electric Co (GE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...