Genesis Energy, L.P. Common Units (GEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GEL Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GEL is currently 2.93, higher than just 10.71% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Genesis Energy Lp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 5.22% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GEL comes in at 22.31% -- higher than that of 91.94% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GEL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GLOP, EURN, DHC, APTS, and TNP.
- GEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Genesis Energy Lp's official web site, go to www.genesisenergy.com.
GEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.89||52-week high||$12.08|
|Prev. close||$8.27||52-week low||$2.58|
|Day high||$8.47||Avg. volume||1,138,432|
|50-day MA||$6.64||Dividend yield||7.6%|
|200-day MA||$6.37||Market Cap||967.14M|
Genesis Energy, L.P. Common Units (GEL) Company Bio
Genesis Energy LP operates in the midstream segment of the oil and gas industry in the Gulf Coast region of the United States. The Company operates through five segments: Onshore Pipeline Transportation, Offshore Pipeline Transportation, Refinery Services, Marine Transportation, and Supply and Logistics. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Houston, Texas.
GEL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Genesis Energy Lp. To summarize, we found that Genesis Energy Lp ranked in the 83th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 487%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GEL, they are:
- 23% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 5.12% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Genesis Energy Lp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.46. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 23.32% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Genesis Energy Lp experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than just 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GEL Latest Social Stream
View Full GEL Social Stream
Latest GEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genesis Energy Lp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GEL as an investment opportunity.
The onshore facilities and transportation segment is engaged in the transportation, handling, blending, storage, and supply of energy products including crude oil and refined products. The marine transportation segment is engaged in the maritime transportation of primarily refined petroleum products.
Genesis Energy, L.P. (NYSE: GEL) today announced its fourth quarter results.
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Genesis Energy, L.P. (NYSE: GEL) will announce its earnings for the Fourth Quarter ended December 31, 2020 on February 18, 2021, before the market opens. Genesis Energy, L.P.’s Fourth Quarter Earnings Conference Call will be held Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 8:30 a.m. Central time (9:30 a.m. Eastern time). This call can be accessed at www.genesisenergy.com. Choose the Investor Relations button. For those unable to attend the live broadcast, a replay will be availabl
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Genesis Energy, L.P. (NYSE: GEL) announced today that, on January 13, 2021, the Board of Directors of its general partner declared a distribution on Genesis’ common units and 8.75% Class A Convertible Preferred Units attributable to the quarter ended December 31, 2020. These distributions will be paid on February 12, 2021 to holders of record at the close of business on January 29, 2021. Each holder of common units will be paid a quarterly cash distribution of $0.15 ($
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Genesis Energy, L.P. (NYSE: GEL) announced today that it will participate in the UBS Winter Infrastructure & Energy Virtual Conference. The conference is being held virtually on January 12th and 13th. The Partnership’s latest presentation materials are available and may be downloaded by visiting the Partnership’s website at www.genesisenergy.com under “Presentations” under the Investors tab. Genesis Energy, L.P. is a diversified midstream energy master limited part
GEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GELHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Genesis Energy Lp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!