Geo Group Inc (The) REIT (GEO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GEO POWR Grades
- GEO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GEO is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- GEO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 20.93% of US stocks).
GEO Stock Summary
- GEO's current price/earnings ratio is 5.96, which is higher than only 6.96% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GEO is currently 1.88, higher than just 6.09% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.36, Geo Group Inc has a higher such ratio than just 5.84% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Geo Group Inc are SPH, AFIN, CDR, OUT, and TGNA.
- GEO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Geo Group Inc's official web site, go to www.geogroup.com.
GEO Valuation Summary
- GEO's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 93.98% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GEO's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
- GEO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GEO.
GEO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -5.85%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 59.98%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 5.64%.
The table below shows GEO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.68||52-week high||$11.95|
|Prev. close||$6.74||52-week low||$4.96|
|Day high||$6.75||Avg. volume||6,201,330|
|50-day MA||$6.64||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.88||Market Cap||817.55M|
Geo Group Inc (The) REIT (GEO) Company Bio
The Geo Group specializes in the ownership, leasing and management of correctional, detention and re-entry facilities and the provision of community-based services and youth services in the United States, Australia, South Africa and the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Boca Raton, Florida.
GEO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GEO, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Geo Group Inc ranked in the 98th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF model suggests the stock is undervalued by 13067%; returns of such proportions should be viewed with some skepticism, though. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Geo Group Inc ended up being:
- 18% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 2.8% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Geo Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.92% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Real Estate), Geo Group Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 93.67% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GEO Latest Social Stream
View Full GEO Social Stream
Latest GEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Geo Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GEO as an investment opportunity.
It's true that options are risky, and many will go to zero.
Geo Group (GEO) closed the most recent trading day at $6.50, making no change from the previous trading session.
There's a lot of great things about social media and a lot of not-so-great things too.
We're taking a look at some of the lesser-known short-squeeze stocks popular with retail investors that should be on your radar.
There's a lot of uncertainty at The GEO Group today, but there's one thing that investors know is completely gone at this point.
GEO Price Returns