Geo Group Inc (The) REIT (GEO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GEO POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GEO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.03% of US stocks.
- GEO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 26 weeks.
- GEO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
GEO Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GEO GROUP INC is higher than it is for about 86.18% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -31.54%, GEO GROUP INC's debt growth rate surpasses merely 9.93% of about US stocks.
- GEO GROUP INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 46.62%, greater than the shareholder yield of 96.55% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GEO GROUP INC are SIX, ELVT, CXW, CCO, and SPH.
- Visit GEO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.geogroup.com.
GEO Valuation Summary
- GEO's price/earnings ratio is 17.6; this is 25.74% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GEO's price/earnings ratio has gone up 7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GEO.
GEO Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 19.2%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1410.8%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 375.39%.
The table below shows GEO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GEO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GEO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.67% of graded US stocks.
- GEO's asset turnover comes in at 0.52 -- ranking 39th of 444 Trading stocks.
- MN, EARN, and VICI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GEO.
The table below shows GEO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.34||52-week high||$12.44|
|Prev. close||$11.85||52-week low||$5.20|
|Day high||$11.72||Avg. volume||2,255,411|
|50-day MA||$9.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.39||Market Cap||1.41B|
Geo Group Inc (The) REIT (GEO) Company Bio
The Geo Group specializes in the ownership, leasing and management of correctional, detention and re-entry facilities and the provision of community-based services and youth services in the United States, Australia, South Africa and the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Boca Raton, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
GEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GEO Latest Social Stream
View Full GEO Social Stream
Latest GEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GEO GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GEO as an investment opportunity.
Private-prison stock hits two-year high as analysts cite potential for more detention beds, detention alternatives
Shares of private-prison operator GEO Group Inc. jumped to their highest level in roughly two years on Tuesday after Wedbush analysts upgraded the stock.
A company in the prison facilities field hit a new 52-week high this week, a sign of solid investor interest. The GEO Group Inc. (NYSE: GEO) benefits from the optimism of famed value investor Michael Burry, whose work at Scion Asset Management LLC is closely followed by Wall Street analysts. The company is one of Scion’s core holdings, of which there are not that many right now. GEO Group invests in private prisons and mental healthcare facilities, among other types of properties, from its headq
Geo Group (GEO) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
GEO vs. EGP: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
The mean of analysts' price targets for Geo Group (GEO) points to a 44.6% upside in the stock. While this highly sought-after metric has not proven reasonably effective, strong agreement among analysts in raising earnings estimates does indicate an upside in the stock.
GEO Price Returns