Geo Group Inc (The) REIT (GEO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GEO POWR Grades
- GEO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 90.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GEO is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- GEO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 20.43% of US stocks).
GEO Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Geo Group Inc is higher than merely 7.8% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Geo Group Inc is higher than it is for about 89.8% of US stocks.
- GEO's price/sales ratio is 0.45; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 8.07% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Geo Group Inc are WEN, CLB, KALU, SIX, and PANL.
- GEO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Geo Group Inc's official web site, go to www.geogroup.com.
GEO Valuation Summary
- GEO's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 93.85% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- GEO's price/earnings ratio has moved down 11.3 over the prior 243 months.
- GEO's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GEO.
GEO Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.54%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -1.53%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -6.1%.
The table below shows GEO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GEO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GEO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.03% of graded US stocks.
- GEO's asset turnover comes in at 0.52 -- ranking 39th of 445 Trading stocks.
- EQR, BDN, and MN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GEO.
The table below shows GEO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.31||52-week high||$11.00|
|Prev. close||$8.36||52-week low||$4.96|
|Day high||$8.73||Avg. volume||5,003,460|
|50-day MA||$7.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.33||Market Cap||1.02B|
Geo Group Inc (The) REIT (GEO) Company Bio
The Geo Group specializes in the ownership, leasing and management of correctional, detention and re-entry facilities and the provision of community-based services and youth services in the United States, Australia, South Africa and the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Boca Raton, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
GEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GEO Latest Social Stream
View Full GEO Social Stream
Latest GEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Geo Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GEO as an investment opportunity.
The GEO Group Comments on Favorable Ruling by U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit Against California’s AB32 Law
BOCA RATON, Fla., October 07, 2021--The GEO Group (NYSE: GEO) ("GEO") commented today on the favorable ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (the "Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals") in relation to lawsuits filed by GEO and the United States for declaratory and injunctive relief challenging California’s enacted law, Assembly Bill 32 ("AB32"), which would bar the federal government from engaging government contractors to provide services at federal immigration processing centers.
In the latest trading session, Geo Group (GEO) closed at $7.41, marking a -0.8% move from the previous day.
Whether they've pulled back as of late or have been depressed for a while, consider these 7 deep value stocks screaming buys.
GEO vs. EGP: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
GEO, CVLG, ABG, and CASH made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on September 28, 2021.
GEO Price Returns