Greenhill & Co., Inc. (GHL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GHL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GHL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.81% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GHL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- GHL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 22.79% of US stocks).
GHL Stock Summary
- GREENHILL & CO INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 90.39% of US listed stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GHL's revenue has grown -18.21% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 9.9% of US companies in our set.
- GREENHILL & CO INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 28.06%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.94% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GREENHILL & CO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be WWE, PIPR, PRFT, FIGS, and MEDP.
- GHL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GREENHILL & CO INC's official web site, go to www.greenhill.com.
GHL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, GHL's price/earnings ratio is 61.4% higher, now standing at 18.4.
- GHL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5.4 over the prior 228 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GHL.
GHL Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -31.39%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 3.54%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 4.57%.
The table below shows GHL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GHL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GHL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.02% of graded US stocks.
- GHL's asset turnover comes in at 0.565 -- ranking 35th of 444 Trading stocks.
- FPI, PSEC, and ESS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GHL.
The table below shows GHL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GHL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GHL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.84||52-week high||$20.09|
|Prev. close||$13.73||52-week low||$5.64|
|Day high||$14.16||Avg. volume||79,843|
|50-day MA||$11.21||Dividend yield||2.89%|
|200-day MA||$9.65||Market Cap||246.14M|
Greenhill & Co., Inc. (GHL) Company Bio
Greenhill & Company is an investment bank focused on providing financial advice on significant mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, financings and capital raisings to corporations, partnerships, institutions and governments. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
GHL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GHL Latest Social Stream
View Full GHL Social Stream
Latest GHL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GREENHILL & CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GHL as an investment opportunity.
Greenhill & Co., Inc. (NYSE:GHL) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 1, 2023 Operator: Good day, everyone, and welcome to the Greenhill Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Conference Call. . Please also note, today’s event is being recorded. At this time, I’d like to turn the floor over to Patrick Suehnholz. Sir, please […]
Greenhill & Co. Reports Fourth Quarter Earnings Per Share of $0.95 and Full Year 2022 Earnings Per Share of $0.15
NEW YORK, February 01, 2023--Greenhill & Co., Inc. (NYSE: GHL) today reported revenues of $95.8 million, net income of $19.9 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.95 for the fourth quarter of 2022.
PwC has been accused of a “shocking breach” of its professional duties in a £63mn lawsuit by its former client Quindell, which alleged that the Big Four consultancy disadvantaged it during deal negotiations by leaking confidential information. Quindell, once valued at £2.7bn, claimed that a senior PwC partner had divulged commercially sensitive information about its financial position and deal strategy to an investment banker in 2015. The software group, now known as Watchstone, said that investment bank Greenhill & Co then shared the information with its client Slater and Gordon, resulting in it gaining leverage to submit a lower bid for part of Quindell’s business.
Bullish insiders at Greenhill & Co., Inc. (NYSE:GHL) loaded up on US$5.8m of stock earlier this year
Over the last year, a good number of insiders have significantly increased their holdings in Greenhill & Co., Inc...
NEW YORK, January 09, 2023--Greenhill & Co., Inc. (NYSE: GHL), a leading independent investment bank, plans to announce its fourth quarter and full-year 2022 financial results after the market close on Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
GHL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|