Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GIL POWR Grades
- GIL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 98.25% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GIL is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GIL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
GIL Stock Summary
- GIL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.51 -- higher than just 2.94% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Gildan Activewear Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.51% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Gildan Activewear Inc is reporting a growth rate of 2,474.5%; that's higher than 99.01% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GIL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NAPA, ESNT, FRPT, ASIX, and IPI.
- GIL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gildan Activewear Inc's official web site, go to www.gildan.com.
GIL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GIL's EV/EBIT ratio is 14.37% higher, now standing at 19.1.
- GIL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GIL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 16.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIL.
GIL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -61.01%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -20.58%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -119.92%.
The table below shows GIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GIL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.93% of graded US stocks.
- GIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.877 -- ranking 24th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- JILL, UAA, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GIL.
The table below shows GIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.71||52-week high||$43.63|
|Prev. close||$28.91||52-week low||$26.86|
|Day high||$28.97||Avg. volume||681,641|
|50-day MA||$31.18||Dividend yield||2.35%|
|200-day MA||$37.06||Market Cap||5.31B|
Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL) Company Bio
Gildan Activewear is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. The company was incorporated in 1984 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
GIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIL Latest Social Stream
View Full GIL Social Stream
Latest GIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gildan Activewear Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIL as an investment opportunity.
Gildan Activewear (NYSE:GIL $0.169/share quarterly dividend, 9.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.154.Forward yield 1.77%Payable April 11; for shareholders of record March 17;…
Steven Madden's (SHOO) direct-to-consumer business and strategic endeavors aid fourth-quarter 2021 results.
Gildan Activewear Inc. ( TSE:GIL ) last week reported its latest annual results, which makes it a good time for...
Rent-A-Center's (RCII) fourth-quarter 2021 results reflect lower government pandemic relief, inflation and supply-chain woes.
Discovery's (DISCA) Q4 results reflect improving advertising and distribution revenues, partially offset by higher selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expenses.
GIL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|