Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GIL Stock Summary
- GIL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 188.33 -- higher than 79.55% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 326.11%, Gildan Activewear Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 94.09% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Gildan Activewear Inc comes in at 23.24%, a number that bests 79.01% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GIL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HDS, MIDD, FLO, CASY, and EME.
- Visit GIL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gildan.com.
GIL Stock Price Chart More Charts
GIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.44||52-week high||$40.40|
|Prev. close||$27.34||52-week low||$23.45|
|Day high||$26.74||Avg. volume||715,999|
|50-day MA||$28.90||Dividend yield||1.98%|
|200-day MA||$33.34||Market Cap||5.26B|
Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL) Company Bio
Gildan Activewear is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. The company was incorporated in 1984 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
GIL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Gildan Activewear Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Gildan Activewear Inc ranked in the 95st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 4360% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Gildan Activewear Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 2.99 years comes in at 1.36%; that's greater than 94.47% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- GIL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 41.75% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Gildan Activewear Inc experienced a tax rate of about 5% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than merely 22.95% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|