Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GIL POWR Grades
- GIL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 97.19% of US stocks.
- GIL's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 163 days.
- GIL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 49.46% of US stocks).
GIL Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -37.57%, Gildan Activewear Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 13.01% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Gildan Activewear Inc is reporting a growth rate of -406.15%; that's higher than just 4.87% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GIL's revenue has grown 42.76% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 82.19% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GIL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are L, BVH, GT, PSO, and PVH.
- Visit GIL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gildan.com.
GIL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GIL's EV/EBIT ratio is 14.37% higher, now standing at 19.1.
- GIL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GIL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 16.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIL.
GIL Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -61.01%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 51.51%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.23%.
The table below shows GIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GIL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.93% of graded US stocks.
- GIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.877 -- ranking 24th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- JILL, UAA, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GIL.
The table below shows GIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.96||52-week high||$43.63|
|Prev. close||$39.40||52-week low||$24.81|
|Day high||$39.55||Avg. volume||564,943|
|50-day MA||$41.34||Dividend yield||1.59%|
|200-day MA||$37.53||Market Cap||7.50B|
Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL) Company Bio
Gildan Activewear is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. The company was incorporated in 1984 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
GIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIL Latest Social Stream
View Full GIL Social Stream
Latest GIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gildan Activewear Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIL as an investment opportunity.
Levi Strauss' (LEVI) fourth-quarter fiscal 2021 results might show gains from solid omni-channel initiatives and brand strength.
Next Generation ESG Strategy: Q&A With Peter Iliopoulos, SVP, Taxation, Sustainability, and Governmental Affairs at Gildan
As 2022 begins, Gildan, a leading vertically integrated apparel manufacturing company, has started the new year strongly by announcing its Next Generation ESG strategy and future targets.
Central Garden & Pet's (CENT) acquisition initiative constantly strengthens its portfolio. It also steadily advances its digital capabilities and focuses on marketing activities.
Steven Madden's (SHOO) e-commerce business exhibits momentum. SHOO also remains encouraged about its prudent buyouts.
Investment company Peak Financial Advisors Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Goldman Sachs ActiveBeta International Equity ETF, SPDR Blackstone Senior Loan ETF, SPDR Portfolio Aggregate Bond ETF, BTC iShares U.S.
GIL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|