Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.34||52-week high||$34.33|
|Prev. close||$27.96||52-week low||$26.30|
|Day high||$27.72||Avg. volume||544,876|
|50-day MA||$29.97||Dividend yield||2.67%|
|200-day MA||$30.32||Market Cap||4.78B|
GIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIL POWR Grades
- GIL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 85.6% of US stocks.
- GIL's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GIL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
GIL Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.69% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 34.39%, GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's debt growth rate surpasses 80.83% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's share price is greater than that of only 7.27% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC are ESNT, NWPX, RGF, ATI, and ASIX.
- Visit GIL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gildan.com.
GIL Valuation Summary
- GIL's price/sales ratio is 1.6; this is 15.79% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GIL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIL.
GIL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 114.32%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 50.13%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 770.1%.
The table below shows GIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GIL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.93% of graded US stocks.
- GIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.877 -- ranking 24th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- JILL, UAA, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GIL.
The table below shows GIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL) Company Bio
Gildan Activewear is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. The company was incorporated in 1984 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
GIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIL Latest Social Stream
View Full GIL Social Stream
Latest GIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIL as an investment opportunity.
MONTREAL, Sept. 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gildan Activewear Inc. (GIL: TSX and NYSE) announces today that Rhodri J. Harries, Executive Vice-President, Chief Financial and Administrative Officer and Chuck Ward, President, Sales, Marketing, and Distribution will participate in a fireside chat and one-on-one meetings with investors at the 27th Scotiabank Annual Back to School Conference in Toronto on September 20, 2023. About GildanGildan is a leading manufacturer of everyday basic apparel which
CHRIST CHURCH, Barbados, Sept. 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Apparel® is pleased to announce a multi-year partnership as the official printwear supplier at select Live Nation festivals in the United States. This marks an exciting moment for the brand as it heightens efforts to deepen connections with its fans. As part of this partnership, American Apparel® will be at the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta, Georgia, debuting its Tee Lab activation booth today. “We are excited to extend our
Finding a business that has the potential to grow substantially is not easy, but it is possible if we look at a few key...
Gildan Activewear Inc. (GIL:TSX and NYSE) is pleased to announce that it has published its latest Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) report, marking the Company's 19th year of public ESG disclosures.
Is Gildan Activewear Inc.'s (TSE:GIL) Latest Stock Performance Being Led By Its Strong Fundamentals?
Gildan Activewear's (TSE:GIL) stock up by 2.8% over the past three months. Since the market usually pay for a company’s...
GIL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|