Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GIL POWR Grades
- GIL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 97.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GIL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- GIL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 40th percentile.
GIL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 221.8, Gildan Activewear Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 86.13% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -25.85%, Gildan Activewear Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 18.19% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Gildan Activewear Inc is reporting a growth rate of -113.59%; that's higher than only 17.6% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Gildan Activewear Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be AGO, ATGFF, AVA, EQT, and MDU.
- GIL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gildan Activewear Inc's official web site, go to www.gildan.com.
GIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.85||52-week high||$38.14|
|Prev. close||$34.77||52-week low||$11.95|
|Day high||$35.59||Avg. volume||462,886|
|50-day MA||$32.66||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$26.07||Market Cap||6.92B|
Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL) Company Bio
Gildan Activewear is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. The company was incorporated in 1984 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
GIL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GIL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Gildan Activewear Inc ranked in the 76th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 188.67% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GIL, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.01 years, is 0.6% -- higher than 83.32% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Gildan Activewear Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3.73. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 13.56% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Gildan Activewear Inc experienced a tax rate of about 2% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than only 18.54% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIL Latest Social Stream
View Full GIL Social Stream
Latest GIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gildan Activewear Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIL as an investment opportunity.
Top Ranked Growth Stocks to Buy for May 11th
Gildan Activewear Inc. (GIL) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 5, 2021 5:00 PM ET Company Participants Sophie Argiriou - Vice President, Investor Communications Rhodri Harries - Chief Financial and Administrative Officer Glenn Chamandy - President & Chief Executive Officer Conference Call Participants Brandon Cheatham - Citigroup Investment Research Sabahat...
MONTRÉAL, May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gildan Activewear Inc. (GIL; TSX and NYSE) today announced that the ten nominees proposed as directors in its management proxy circular dated March 9, 2021 were elected as directors of the Company by a majority of the votes cast by the shareholders or represented by proxy at its virtual annual meeting of shareholders held on May 6, 2021 in Montréal. Gildan also notes that a majority of shareholders voted against the non-binding advisory vote on Executive Compensation (“Say on Pay”). While the Board believes that its executive compensation program, and the important executive compensation decisions made over the course of 2020, are in the best interests of the Company’s shareholders, it takes the views of shareholders very seriously and will tak...
Invest in stocks like G-III Apparel (GIII), Columbia Sportswear (COLM), Gildan Activewear (GIL) & Kontoor Brands (KTB) as the apparel industry is set to bounce back from pandemic-related woes.
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by, and welcome to the quarter one 2021 Gildan Activewear Earnings conference call. In a moment, Rhod will take you through the results for the quarter, and a Q&A session will follow.
GIL Price Returns