Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GIL POWR Grades
- GIL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 75.22% of US stocks.
- GIL's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- GIL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
GIL Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.29% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 44.41%, GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's debt growth rate surpasses 80.51% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GIL is more volatile than just 6.77% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GIL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMC, ESNT, AZEK, NWPX, and TTEK.
- GIL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC's official web site, go to www.gildan.com.
GIL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GIL's price/sales ratio is 125% higher, now standing at 1.8.
- GIL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIL.
GIL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 114.32%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 50.13%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 770.1%.
The table below shows GIL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GIL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.93% of graded US stocks.
- GIL's asset turnover comes in at 0.877 -- ranking 24th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- JILL, UAA, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GIL.
The table below shows GIL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GIL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of GIL, see our GIL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$42.35||Average Broker Recommendation||1.46 (Moderate Buy)|
GIL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.22||52-week high||$39.91|
|Prev. close||$32.12||52-week low||$25.67|
|Day high||$32.48||Avg. volume||592,238|
|50-day MA||$31.01||Dividend yield||2.33%|
|200-day MA||$29.76||Market Cap||5.79B|
Gildan Activewear, Inc. Class A Sub. Vot. (GIL) Company Bio
Gildan Activewear is a leading supplier of quality branded basic family apparel, including T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, underwear, socks, hosiery, and shapewear. The company was incorporated in 1984 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
GIL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIL Latest Social Stream
View Full GIL Social Stream
Latest GIL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GILDAN ACTIVEWEAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIL as an investment opportunity.
Investors Shouldn't Overlook Gildan Activewear's (TSE:GIL) Impressive Returns On Capital
If you're not sure where to start when looking for the next multi-bagger, there are a few key trends you should keep an...
Embracing Equity: Highlighting Gildan’s Women Empowerment Initiatives for International Women’s Day
Today, Gildan pays homage to the International Women's Day global theme of Embracing Equity by highlighting some of the Company's efforts that promote a culture of equity within the organization.
Should You Add Gildan Activewear (GIL) to Your Portfolio Now?
Wedgewood Partners, an investment management company, released its “Focused SMID Cap Strategy” fourth quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the fund returned 14.8% compared to a 7.4% return for the Russell 2500 Index. For the year 2022, the fund returned -19.0% compared to a -18.4% […]
Are Robust Financials Driving The Recent Rally In Gildan Activewear Inc.'s (TSE:GIL) Stock?
Gildan Activewear (TSE:GIL) has had a great run on the share market with its stock up by a significant 14% over the...
Gildan Activewear (GIL) Q4 Earnings and Revenues Miss Estimates
Gildan (GIL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -1.52% and 4.65%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GIL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GILWant to see what other sources are saying about Gildan Activewear Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Gildan Activewear Inc (GIL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Gildan Activewear Inc (GIL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Gildan Activewear Inc (GIL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...