General Mills, Inc. (GIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GIS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where GIS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.64% of US stocks.
- GIS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- GIS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
GIS Stock Summary
- GIS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 3,070.41 -- higher than 98.79% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- GIS's went public 35.83 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GIS is more volatile than just 1.44% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to General Mills Inc are HSY, ROK, TT, KDP, and SWK.
- Visit GIS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.generalmills.com.
GIS Valuation Summary
- GIS's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 29.63% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, GIS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- GIS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIS.
GIS Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 7.08%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 26.9%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 43.04%.
The table below shows GIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GIS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.3% of graded US stocks.
- GIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.567 -- ranking 37th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- CPB, CAG, and FTFT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GIS.
The table below shows GIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.89||52-week high||$64.65|
|Prev. close||$62.68||52-week low||$53.96|
|Day high||$62.56||Avg. volume||4,088,058|
|50-day MA||$59.93||Dividend yield||3.25%|
|200-day MA||$59.79||Market Cap||37.49B|
General Mills, Inc. (GIS) Company Bio
General Mills sells products including ready-to-eat cereals; convenient meals, including meal kits, ethnic meals, pizza, soups, side dish mixes, frozen breakfast, and frozen entrees; snacks comprising grain, fruit, and savory snacks, as well as nutrition bars and frozen hot snacks; refrigerated yogurt products; ice creams; baking mixes and ingredients; refrigerated and frozen dough products; and frozen and shelf-stable vegetable products. The company was founded in 1928 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
GIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIS Latest Social Stream
View Full GIS Social Stream
Latest GIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Mills Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIS as an investment opportunity.
General Mills (GIS) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Oakmark Funds, an investment management firm, published its Bill Nygren third-quarter 2021 market commentary – a copy of which can be seen here. In the letter, the fund talked about governance with a related topic about shareholders vs. stakeholders, and also discussed some great companies to invest in. You can take a look at the […]
Betty Crocker Celebrates 100th Birthday by Giving Fans a Chance to Have their Recipe on a Custom Box for the First Time Ever
MINNEAPOLIS, October 21, 2021--Betty Crocker is celebrating her 100th birthday by giving fans a chance to have their recipe on a custom box for the first time ever.
Google agreed to provide AI and machine learning solutions to Wendy's, the latest in a string of deals boosting its cloud business.
General Mills (GIS) focuses on the Accelerate strategy to boost profitability and enhance shareholders' returns in the long run. The company's Pet segment sales are a driver.
GIS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|