General Mills, Inc. (GIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GIS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GIS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.72% of US stocks.
- GIS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- GIS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
GIS Stock Summary
- General Mills Inc's market capitalization of $35,716,116,199 is ahead of 92.51% of US-listed equities.
- GIS's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GIS is more volatile than merely 0.7% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to General Mills Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be HSY, NDAQ, VIAC, PPG, and ADM.
- Visit GIS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.generalmills.com.
GIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, GIS's EV/EBIT ratio is 24.25% lower, now standing at 13.9.
- GIS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GIS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIS.
GIS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 63.18%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -1%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 11.15%.
The table below shows GIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.89||52-week high||$66.14|
|Prev. close||$58.82||52-week low||$53.96|
|Day high||$59.31||Avg. volume||4,243,918|
|50-day MA||$60.98||Dividend yield||3.47%|
|200-day MA||$59.92||Market Cap||35.76B|
General Mills, Inc. (GIS) Company Bio
General Mills sells products including ready-to-eat cereals; convenient meals, including meal kits, ethnic meals, pizza, soups, side dish mixes, frozen breakfast, and frozen entrees; snacks comprising grain, fruit, and savory snacks, as well as nutrition bars and frozen hot snacks; refrigerated yogurt products; ice creams; baking mixes and ingredients; refrigerated and frozen dough products; and frozen and shelf-stable vegetable products. The company was founded in 1928 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
GIS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for General Mills Inc. To summarize, we found that General Mills Inc ranked in the 55th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for General Mills Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 8.36 -- which is good for besting 60.22% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- General Mills Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 10.6% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIS Latest Social Stream
View Full GIS Social Stream
Latest GIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Mills Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIS as an investment opportunity.
MINNEAPOLIS, July 27, 2021--FaZe Clan, the world’s most prominent and influential gaming organization, announces a partnership with Totino’s Pizza Rolls, the delicious, poppable and baked-to-a-golden-finish hot snack, that's made in gaming heaven. The partnership is anchored by a new FaZe Clan/Totino’s content series hosted by Lil Yachty aka "FaZe Boat" and features special guests like FaZe Temperrr, FaZe Adapt, FaZe Rug, FaZe Swagg, FaZe JSmooth and FaZe Booya. The content series, which was fil
Quinn, a Boulder, CO-based natural foods snack company, secured $10m in Series B funding. The round was led by NewRoad Capital Partners with participation from Boulder Food Group, Echo Capital, and Sunil Thakor. In addition, Michele Meyer, an Operating Partner at NewRoad Capital Partners and former President of Small Planet Foods a General Mills Snacks Operating Unit, will be  The post Quinn Raises $10M in Series B Funding appeared first on FinSMEs .
Global Vegan Protein Bar Market 2021 Future Set to Massive Growth with High CAGR value | Market Players: Simply Protein(CA), Clif Bar & Company(US), BHU Foods(US), PROBAR LLC(US), General Mills(US), Health Warrior(US), NuGo Nutrition(US), Gomacro(US), Garden of Life(US), Raw Rev(US), Risebar(US)
The report on Global Vegan Protein Bar Market has been provided by researchers for a detailed understanding of market performance over an estimated period of time set from 2021 to 2026. However, this report has introduced a brief overview to provide the reader with better information on this report. This brief description contains a basic 
When General Mills bought Blue Buffalo, investors weren't pleased. That acquisition looks like a winner today, but the company isn't done yet.
When packaged food maker B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS) reported earnings for the first quarter of 2021, it said sales were up by a hefty 12.4% year over year. B&G Foods' 12.4% year-over-year first-quarter sales advance was helped along by its acquisition of Crisco in December 2020. The company's specific wording in its earnings release back in May was "driven by the Crisco acquisition and continued strong base business net sales."
GIS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|