General Mills, Inc. (GIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GIS POWR Grades
- GIS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 83.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GIS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GIS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 38.92% of US stocks).
GIS Stock Summary
- GENERAL MILLS INC's market capitalization of $44,663,557,662 is ahead of 95.2% of US-listed equities.
- GENERAL MILLS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.25% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of GENERAL MILLS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GENERAL MILLS INC are KDP, ABEV, HSY, DOV, and KHC.
- GIS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GENERAL MILLS INC's official web site, go to www.generalmills.com.
GIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, GIS's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.68% lower, now standing at 14.8.
- GIS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIS.
GIS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 12.24%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 8.26%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -9.71%.
The table below shows GIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GIS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.14% of graded US stocks.
- GIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.567 -- ranking 38th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- CAG, CPB, and PLAG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GIS.
The table below shows GIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.96||52-week high||$81.24|
|Prev. close||$79.17||52-week low||$58.85|
|Day high||$79.50||Avg. volume||3,817,099|
|50-day MA||$76.24||Dividend yield||2.73%|
|200-day MA||$70.66||Market Cap||47.04B|
General Mills, Inc. (GIS) Company Bio
General Mills sells products including ready-to-eat cereals; convenient meals, including meal kits, ethnic meals, pizza, soups, side dish mixes, frozen breakfast, and frozen entrees; snacks comprising grain, fruit, and savory snacks, as well as nutrition bars and frozen hot snacks; refrigerated yogurt products; ice creams; baking mixes and ingredients; refrigerated and frozen dough products; and frozen and shelf-stable vegetable products. The company was founded in 1928 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
GIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIS Latest Social Stream
View Full GIS Social Stream
Latest GIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENERAL MILLS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIS as an investment opportunity.
Coming off a robust fiscal first quarter, General Mills (NYSE: GIS) just raised its full-year outlook for organic net sales, earnings-per-share growth, and operating profit. Let's take a closer look at General Mills, how the company beat earnings estimates, and why the food stock is repeatedly printing new all-time highs lately. Known for "Making food the world loves," General Mills' family of brands includes Cheerios, Betty Crocker, and Häagen-Dazs.
General Mills (NYSE: GIS) reported strong Fiscal Q1-2023 earnings on September 21 despite macroeconomic headwinds. In fact, among the multitude of negative earnings surprises as of late, General Mills beat expectations regarding both EPS and revenue. While this is impressive, I’m neutral on General Mills due to its valuation being too high. Diving into its Q1 results, General Mills' net sales increased to $4.7 billion, an increase of 4% year-over-year, facilitated by a 10% increase in organic net sales compared to the previous year. It is important to note, however, a 5% decrease in organic volume.
Sales jumped at Cheerios maker General Mills as more people look to save money eating at home, while profit fell roughly 16% at eatery chain Darden Restaurants The parent of Olive Garden has been hesitant to pass on higher costs for food, beverages and labor to its customers. General Mills shares gained 5.7% Wednesday. The Wall Street Journal reported that social-media giant Meta plans to cut expenses by at least 10% and started quietly nudging out employees.
The company's organic growth was very strong
Defensive food stocks often fare better than the broad market during declines. Several of these equities are rising from support at this time but most aren't hitting new highs. However, these cereal and egg producers should be watched for proper buy points.
GIS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|