General Mills, Inc. (GIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.82||52-week high||$90.89|
|Prev. close||$65.48||52-week low||$64.50|
|Day high||$65.57||Avg. volume||3,574,373|
|50-day MA||$70.48||Dividend yield||3.58%|
|200-day MA||$79.63||Market Cap||37.68B|
GIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GIS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GIS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GIS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GIS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
GIS Stock Summary
- GIS has a market capitalization of $38,680,579,444 -- more than approximately 93.99% of US stocks.
- GIS's went public 37.74 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of GENERAL MILLS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.14% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENERAL MILLS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PH, ABEV, BF.B, HRL, and DHI.
- GIS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GENERAL MILLS INC's official web site, go to www.generalmills.com.
GIS Valuation Summary
- GIS's price/earnings ratio is 14.9; this is 24.37% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- GIS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GIS.
GIS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 33.01%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 49.74%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.51%.
The table below shows GIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GIS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.14% of graded US stocks.
- GIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.567 -- ranking 38th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- CAG, CPB, and PLAG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GIS.
The table below shows GIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
General Mills, Inc. (GIS) Company Bio
General Mills sells products including ready-to-eat cereals; convenient meals, including meal kits, ethnic meals, pizza, soups, side dish mixes, frozen breakfast, and frozen entrees; snacks comprising grain, fruit, and savory snacks, as well as nutrition bars and frozen hot snacks; refrigerated yogurt products; ice creams; baking mixes and ingredients; refrigerated and frozen dough products; and frozen and shelf-stable vegetable products. The company was founded in 1928 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
GIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GIS Latest Social Stream
View Full GIS Social Stream
Latest GIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENERAL MILLS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GIS as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will discuss the 10 stocks whose price targets were recently trimmed by analysts. If you want to see more such stocks on the list, go directly to Analysts Just Trimmed Price Targets for These 5 Stocks. In the ever-fluctuating landscape of global financial markets, recent developments have brought both optimism and uncertainty […]
Over the past year, many General Mills, Inc. ( NYSE:GIS ) insiders sold a significant stake in the company which may...
"We don’t really expect a huge rebound in our pet business for the rest of this year," said General Mills CEO Jeffrey Harmening.
Pricing strategies advance as companies model changes in consumer behavior. The post CPGs, retailers collaborate to balance volume and unit revenue appeared first on FreightWaves.
It's time to see what happens now that Heydude has been integrated into Crocs' distribution system.
GIS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|