Corning Incorporated (GLW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GLW POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where GLW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GLW is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- GLW's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 47.8% of US stocks).
GLW Stock Summary
- GLW has a higher market value than 92.35% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $34,605,381,867.
- Corning Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.81% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, GLW has reported earnings growth of 371.01%, putting it ahead of 94.6% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Corning Inc are LH, ADM, CNQ, NUE, and STM.
- GLW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Corning Inc's official web site, go to www.corning.com.
GLW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, GLW's EV/EBIT ratio is 37.44% lower, now standing at 20.8.
- GLW's price/earnings ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GLW's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GLW.
GLW Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 8.61%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -42.8%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -23.16%.
The table below shows GLW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GLW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GLW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.84||52-week high||$46.82|
|Prev. close||$40.52||52-week low||$30.16|
|Day high||$41.10||Avg. volume||4,594,528|
|50-day MA||$41.54||Dividend yield||2.37%|
|200-day MA||$39.49||Market Cap||34.77B|
Corning Incorporated (GLW) Company Bio
Corning manufactures and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. The company operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. The company was founded in 1851 and is based in Corning, New York.
GLW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Corning Inc. To summarize, we found that Corning Inc ranked in the 21th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Corning Inc ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 83% of its capital from equity, and 17% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 23.77% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.76 years, is -0.05% -- higher than just 16.68% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Corning Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.67% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GLW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GLW Latest Social Stream
View Full GLW Social Stream
Latest GLW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Corning Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GLW as an investment opportunity.
New product category creates today’s most immersive and connected driving experiencesCORNING, N.Y. , July 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW) today announced a new product category for its Automotive Glass Solutions. Corning® Curved Mirror Solutions are now key components in a new Augmented Reality (AR) Head-Up Display (HUD) system by Hyundai Mobis. Hyundai Motor Company debuted the technology in the 2021 IONIQ 5 electric crossover utility vehicle earlier this year. In
Corning (GLW) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Corning (GLW) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Cell-Based Label Free Monitoring Market Size, Key Opportunities, Strategic Assessment, Strong Revenue | Oprating Vendors: Pall, Corning Incorporated, BMG LABTECH, TTP Labtech, AMETEK, Reichert
The documented report on Global Cell-Based Label Free Monitoring Market by Reports Globe aims to offer an organized and methodical strategy for important aspects that have affected the market in recent years and future market opportunities that companies can trust. It gives readers clear market research for better judgment and better decision making on whether 
Data Bus Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Significant Growth | Top Brands:TE Connectivity Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, Fujikura Ltd., Esterline Technologies Corporation, Corning
This report studies the Data Bus Market with many aspects of the industry such as market size, market status, market trends and forecast. The report also provides brief information on competitors and opportunities for specific growth with the key market drivers. Find the comprehensive analysis of the Data Bus market segmented by company, region, type 
GLW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|