Corning Inc. (GLW): Price and Financial Metrics
GLW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.76||52-week high||$37.10|
|Prev. close||$27.87||52-week low||$25.26|
|Day high||$27.96||Avg. volume||4,211,285|
|50-day MA||$28.54||Dividend yield||3.98%|
|200-day MA||$32.05||Market Cap||23.68B|
GLW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GLW POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GLW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.22% of US stocks.
- GLW's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GLW's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 0.72% of US stocks).
GLW Stock Summary
- CORNING INC's market capitalization of $23,615,880,651 is ahead of 91.23% of US-listed equities.
- GLW's went public 37.89 years ago, making it older than 93.05% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 40.37, CORNING INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 84.36% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CORNING INC are KEYS, AMKR, WWD, ATEN, and VNDA.
- GLW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CORNING INC's official web site, go to www.corning.com.
GLW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, GLW's EV/EBIT ratio is 41.8% higher, now standing at 26.8.
- GLW's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GLW.
GLW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.04%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -29.71%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 24.74%.
The table below shows GLW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GLW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GLW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.6% of graded US stocks.
- GLW's asset turnover comes in at 0.457 -- ranking 36th of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- CENX, TWI, and AA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GLW.
The table below shows GLW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Corning Inc. (GLW) Company Bio
Corning Incorporated is an American multinational technology company that specializes in specialty glass, ceramics, and related materials and technologies including advanced optics, primarily for industrial and scientific applications. The company was named Corning Glass Works until 1989. Corning divested its consumer product lines (including CorningWare and Visions Pyroceram-based cookware, Corelle Vitrelle tableware, and Pyrex glass bakeware) in 1998 by selling the Corning Consumer Products Company subsidiary (now known as Corelle Brands) to Borden, but still holds an interest of about 8 percent. (Source:Wikipedia)
GLW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GLW Latest Social Stream
View Full GLW Social Stream
Latest GLW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CORNING INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GLW as an investment opportunity.
When most people consider investing in tech stocks, buying high-yield dividend payers is usually not high on the list of criteria. Here are three high-yield tech stocks worth considering right now. With its stock down around 10% over the past year and a dividend yielding 3.4% annually as of this writing, semiconductor giant Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN) is a fantastic bet for yield-hungry investors anticipating a rebound.
Corning Inc (NYSE:GLW) recently announced a dividend of $0.28 per share, payable on 2023-12-15, with the ex-dividend date set for 2023-11-16. As investors look forward to this upcoming payment, the spotlight also shines on the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's look into Corning Inc's dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
It looks like Corning Incorporated ( NYSE:GLW ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next four days. The ex-dividend date...
(Bloomberg) -- Corning Inc., the American manufacturer that supplies glass for Apple iPhones, has agreed to sell its German laser-technology business to China’s Suzhou Delphi Laser for as much as €15 million ($16 million).Most Read from BloombergBiden, Xi to Announce China’s Crackdown on Fentanyl TradeS&P 500 Up 2% as Bets ‘Fed Is Done’ Sink US Yields: Markets WrapThailand Takes $28 Billion Malacca Strait Bypass Plan to USRolex, Patek Prices Hit Fresh Two-Year Lows: Subdial IndexApple Gets 36% o
With its stock down 16% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard Corning (NYSE:GLW). We, however decided to...
GLW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|