GameStop Corporation (GME): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GME POWR Grades
- GME scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GME is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- GME's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 1.03% of US stocks).
GME Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for GameStop Corp is higher than 94.72% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of GameStop Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GME is more volatile than 99.19% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GameStop Corp are DXC, CPRI, USFD, RL, and AA.
- Visit GME's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gamestop.com.
GME Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GME's EV/EBIT ratio is 481.28% lower, now standing at -71.3.
- Over the past 236 months, GME's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.3.
- GME's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 236 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GME.
GME Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GME Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$178.54||52-week high||$483.00|
|Prev. close||$183.94||52-week low||$3.92|
|Day high||$185.00||Avg. volume||23,302,168|
|50-day MA||$209.94||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$117.86||Market Cap||12.82B|
GameStop Corporation (GME) Company Bio
GameStop Corp. engages in the retail of multichannel video game, consumer electronics, and wireless services. It operates through the following segments: United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. The United States segment includes the retail operations and electronic commerce websites www.gamestop.com and www.thinkgeek.com, Game Informer magazine, and Kongregate. The Canada segment comprises of retail and e-commerce business. The Australia segment refers to the retail and e-commerce operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Europe segment pertains to the retail and e-commerce operations in the European countries. The company was founded by Daniel A. DeMatteo in June 2000 and is headquartered in Grapevine, TX.
GME Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GME, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that GameStop Corp ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of GameStop Corp, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.54 years comes in at -0.2%; that's greater than just 8.23% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- GameStop Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -6.96. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 9.06% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), GameStop Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 16.34% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GME Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GME Latest Social Stream
View Full GME Social Stream
Latest GME News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GameStop Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GME as an investment opportunity.
Brandi Lyon Photography/iStock Editorial via Getty Images GME Mania The short squeeze that sent GameStop (GME) from $20 to a high of $480 in January has been impressively long-lived. After a dip down to the $50 range, it has stayed above $100 for nearly 5 months. GameStop has taken advantage...
GameStop (GME) closed at $183.94 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.98% move from the prior day.
Keith Bliss, president of Capital2Market, joins Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre to discuss retail investors' recent leap into the stock market and whether meme stocks will continue to draw attention.
Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre discusses the rise of meme stocks and examines the charts of some of the most popular trades.
WallStreetBets Founder Jaime Rogozinski joins Yahoo Finance's Myles Udland and Julie Hyman to discuss the start of WallStreetBets on Reddit and how meme stocks began to soar.
GME Price Returns