GameStop Corporation (GME): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GME POWR Grades
- GME scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 29.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GME is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- GME's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 2.8% of US stocks).
GME Stock Summary
- GAMESTOP CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 90.06% of US listed stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, GAMESTOP CORP is reporting a growth rate of 274.22%; that's higher than 93.89% of US stocks.
- The volatility of GAMESTOP CORP's share price is greater than that of 91.97% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GME, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UFPI, RHI, MSM, BLDR, and TPR.
- Visit GME's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gamestop.com.
GME Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GME's price/earnings ratio is 235.51% lower, now standing at -14.5.
- GME's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GME.
GME Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -305.84%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 60.15%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 42.04%.
The table below shows GME's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GME's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GME has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 53.08% of graded US stocks.
- GME's asset turnover comes in at 1.998 -- ranking 49th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DLTR, IFMK, and DLTH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GME.
The table below shows GME's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GME Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GME Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.31||52-week high||$63.92|
|Prev. close||$26.13||52-week low||$19.40|
|Day high||$27.50||Avg. volume||13,531,936|
|50-day MA||$32.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$31.85||Market Cap||8.32B|
GameStop Corporation (GME) Company Bio
GameStop Corp. engages in the retail of multichannel video game, consumer electronics, and wireless services. It operates through the following segments: United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. The United States segment includes the retail operations and electronic commerce websites www.gamestop.com and www.thinkgeek.com, Game Informer magazine, and Kongregate. The Canada segment comprises of retail and e-commerce business. The Australia segment refers to the retail and e-commerce operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Europe segment pertains to the retail and e-commerce operations in the European countries. The company was founded by Daniel A. DeMatteo in June 2000 and is headquartered in Grapevine, TX.
Most Popular Stories View All
GME Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GME Latest Social Stream
View Full GME Social Stream
Latest GME News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GAMESTOP CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GME as an investment opportunity.
Aggressive investors may beat the market with the right meme stocks, especially those with strong stock scores.
GameStop's (NYSE: GME) current turnaround strategy is still pretty opaque to investors, but what we have seen has been primarily centered on non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, the digital ledger technology that imparts an ownership or usage right to a digital asset. In May, the video game retailer launched GameStop Wallet, a self-custodial Ethereum wallet that a user controls and can access without leaving their browser, following that up in July with an NFT marketplace where tokens can be bought and sold. It remains a mystery exactly how GameStop will survive, let alone thrive, in a video game industry increasingly transitioning to digital and downloaded gameplay.
There are several factors that contributed to these gargantuan moves, but one is surely the classic short squeeze. While there are some new factors at play in the markets today, the short squeeze has been around as long as shorting stock. Here is how the short squeeze works.
Yahoo Finance’s Jared Blikre sits down with Founder of AlphaTrends.net, Brian Shannon, as they discuss financial markets, trading, risk management, and stocks.
Although still capable of generating buzz, there are concerns about the meme stock’s cash and profitability.
GME Price Returns