Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. (GNK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNK POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GNK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GNK is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GNK's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 9.02% of US stocks).
GNK Stock Summary
- GNK's current price/earnings ratio is 2.23, which is higher than merely 3.5% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, GNK has reported earnings growth of -829.75%, putting it ahead of just 2.11% of US stocks in our set.
- GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 48.44%, greater than the shareholder yield of 96.29% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD are SXC, RLJ, CEIX, KEX, and REI.
- Visit GNK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gencoshipping.com.
GNK Valuation Summary
- GNK's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 55.56% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- GNK's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 100 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNK.
GNK Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -57.78%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 296.98%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 5.33%.
The table below shows GNK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GNK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.27% of graded US stocks.
- GNK's asset turnover comes in at 0.385 -- ranking 51st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ECHO, USDP, and AIRT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GNK.
The table below shows GNK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GNK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.34||52-week high||$27.15|
|Prev. close||$13.50||52-week low||$11.92|
|Day high||$13.61||Avg. volume||1,107,200|
|50-day MA||$15.15||Dividend yield||14.81%|
|200-day MA||$18.69||Market Cap||564.03M|
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. (GNK) Company Bio
Genco Shipping & Trading transports iron ore, coal, grain, steel products and other drybulk cargoes along worldwide shipping routes. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
GNK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNK Latest Social Stream
View Full GNK Social Stream
Latest GNK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNK as an investment opportunity.
Inflation, interest rates, and recession – these are the bogeymen of investing, and they’ve been watching over our shoulders for the past several months. We all know the story by now, the rate of inflation is running at generational highs, the Federal Reserve is hiking rates in an attempt to push back against high prices, and that’s likely to tip the economy into recession. At a time like this, investors are showing a growing interest in finding strong defensive portfolio moves. It’s a mindset that naturally turns us toward dividend stocks.
Shipping stock are trading higher on Friday thanks to an analyst upgrade.
Shipping is essential to the world’s supply chain.
It can be hard to remember that there are still plenty of the best blue-chip stocks under $20 to be found outside of the regular suspects. The market participants are always more excited about growth stocks and penny stocks. That’s the place to find multi-baggers. Another reason is that there are low-priced growth stocks that investors prefer as they fit the equity investment budget. There are several blue-chip stocks under $20 that are worth considering. While there is a lot of coverage and noi
Genco Shipping & Trading (GNK) closed the most recent trading day at $12.43, moving +1.14% from the previous trading session.
GNK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GNKWant to do more research on Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch