Genco Shipping & Trading Limited Ordinary Shares New (Marshall Islands) (GNK): Price and Financial Metrics
GNK Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.99% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, GNK has reported earnings growth of 745.44%, putting it ahead of 97.74% of US stocks in our set.
- Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 10.93%, greater than the shareholder yield of 84.94% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GNK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ERF, PVAC, ARLP, REI, and SBOW.
- GNK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd's official web site, go to www.gencoshipping.com.
GNK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.75||52-week high||$13.93|
|Prev. close||$12.45||52-week low||$4.30|
|Day high||$13.93||Avg. volume||976,836|
|50-day MA||$10.81||Dividend yield||0.64%|
|200-day MA||$8.12||Market Cap||576.29M|
Genco Shipping & Trading Limited Ordinary Shares New (Marshall Islands) (GNK) Company Bio
Genco Shipping & Trading transports iron ore, coal, grain, steel products and other drybulk cargoes along worldwide shipping routes. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in New York, New York.
GNK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GNK, they are:
- 54% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 20.22% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -9.06. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 8.55% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GNK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNK Latest Social Stream
View Full GNK Social Stream
Latest GNK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNK as an investment opportunity.
Genco Shipping & Trading Limited to Participate in Global Investor Call Hosted by Clarksons Platou Securities
NEW YORK, April 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (NYSE: GNK) announced today that John C. Wobensmith, Chief Executive Officer; Apostolos Zafolias, Chief Financial Officer; and Peter Allen, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Finance, are scheduled to present to investors as part of a Global Investor Call hosted by Clarksons Platou Securities on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 9:00 am Eastern Time. The call will be broadcast via webcast and can be accessed through the Investor Relations section of Genco’s website, https://www.gencoshipping.com. Please allow extra time prior to the call to visit the site and download any necessary software that may be needed to access the Internet broadcast. About Genco Shipping & Trading LimitedGenco Shipping & Trading Limited tra...
Genco Shipping & Trading Limited Announces New Comprehensive Value Strategy Drawing on its Robust Balance Sheet
Genco Seeks to Deliver Continuous Value to Shareholders Through a Compelling Dividend Payout Strategy, Growth and Deleveraging Company to Hold Conference Call on Tuesday, April 20th at 8:30 a.m. ET to Discuss New Corporate Strategy NEW YORK, April 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (NYSE:GNK) (“Genco” or the “Company”), today announced a new comprehensive value strategy centered on paying quarterly cash dividends to shareholders based on cash flows after debt service less a reserve for the growth of the Company’s asset base, further debt reduction and general corporate purposes. Genco believes that a strategy based on low leverage and an attractive dividend yield that includes a growth and deleveraging component will enable the Company to create significant sh...
NEW YORK, April 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (NYSE: GNK) announced today that it will hold a conference call to discuss the Company’s results for the first quarter of 2021 on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. The conference call will also be broadcast live over the Internet and include a slide presentation. The Company will issue financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021 on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 after the close of market trading. What:First Quarter 2021 Conference Call When:Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time Where:There are two ways to access the call: Dial-in: 334-323-0501 or 800-700-1722; Passcode: 4187387. Please dial in at least 10 minutes prior to 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time to ensure a prompt start to the ...
The big shareholder groups in Genco Shipping & Trading Limited ( NYSE:GNK ) have power over the company. Insiders often...
The shipping industry includes companies that transport cargo around the world, from grains to apparel to electronics to appliances. In the past year, the shipping industry has outperformed the broader market. The benchmark Dow Jones Global Shipping Index has provided 1-year trailing total returns of 101.3% compared with 66.1% for the Russell 1000 as of March 12, 2021.
GNK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GNKWant to do more research on Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!