Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. (GNK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNK POWR Grades
- GNK scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.75% of US stocks.
- GNK's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GNK ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
GNK Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.48, GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.32% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, GNK has reported earnings growth of 434.01%, putting it ahead of 96.3% of US stocks in our set.
- GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 27.98%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.93% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD are ESEA, SXC, EGY, MTDR, and MIGI.
- GNK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD's official web site, go to www.gencoshipping.com.
GNK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GNK's EV/EBIT ratio is 79.01% lower, now standing at 3.6.
- GNK's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 104 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNK.
GNK Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 314.76%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -70.22%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 231.55%.
The table below shows GNK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GNK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.27% of graded US stocks.
- GNK's asset turnover comes in at 0.385 -- ranking 51st of 137 Transportation stocks.
- ECHO, USDP, and AIRT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GNK.
The table below shows GNK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GNK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.14||52-week high||$27.15|
|Prev. close||$17.99||52-week low||$11.92|
|Day high||$18.18||Avg. volume||830,615|
|50-day MA||$15.47||Dividend yield||17.2%|
|200-day MA||$17.28||Market Cap||767.81M|
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. (GNK) Company Bio
Genco Shipping & Trading transports iron ore, coal, grain, steel products and other drybulk cargoes along worldwide shipping routes. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
GNK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNK Latest Social Stream
View Full GNK Social Stream
Latest GNK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENCO SHIPPING & TRADING LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNK as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (NYSE:GNK) (“Genco” or the “Company”), the largest U.S. headquartered dry bulk shipowner focused on the global transportation of commodities, today announced that it will participate in Capital Link’s Corporate Presentations Webinar Series. On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 10:00 AM ET its senior management team will go through its presentation on the company's current operations, business development, growth prospects an
Scorpio Tankers (STNG) was a big mover last session on higher-than-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions might help the stock continue moving higher in the near term.
NEW YORK, Jan. 04, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capital Link is hosting a series of online Corporate Presentations, whereby the Senior Management teams of leading listed maritime companies will present their business development, strategy, growth prospects, and overall sector outlook. The presentations will be approximately 45 minutes and consist of a company presentation followed by live Q&A between company management and webinar participants. Please see below the schedule of each presenting compan
Genco Shipping & Trading shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 72 to 81.
In this piece, we will take a look at the 15 biggest dry bulk shipping companies in 2022. For more companies, head on over to 5 Biggest Dry Bulk Shipping Companies in 2022. If there is one sector that can truly be said to form the backbone of the modern day world, it is the […]
GNK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GNKWant to do more research on Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd (GNK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch