Gentex Corporation (GNTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNTX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GNTX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GNTX is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- GNTX ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
GNTX Stock Summary
- For GNTX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.43% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, Gentex Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 0% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Gentex Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 7.04% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Gentex Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PXLW, NVCN, BCYC, MTSI, and NPTN.
- Visit GNTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gentex.com.
GNTX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GNTX's price/sales ratio is 178.57% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- GNTX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 17.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GNTX's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNTX.
GNTX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 28.71%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1.19%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -2.51%.
The table below shows GNTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GNTX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.78% of graded US stocks.
- GNTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.871 -- ranking 38th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- ADNT, THRM, and STRT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GNTX.
The table below shows GNTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GNTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.90||52-week high||$37.75|
|Prev. close||$34.36||52-week low||$27.07|
|Day high||$35.28||Avg. volume||1,474,774|
|50-day MA||$33.08||Dividend yield||1.38%|
|200-day MA||$34.23||Market Cap||8.34B|
Gentex Corporation (GNTX) Company Bio
Gentex Corporation is a supplier of automatic-dimming rearview mirrors and electronics to the automotive industry, dimmable aircraft windows for aviation markets and fire protection products to the fire protection market. The company was founded in 1974 and is based in Zeeland, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
GNTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNTX Latest Social Stream
View Full GNTX Social Stream
Latest GNTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gentex Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNTX as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Gentex Corporation (GNTX) were down 6.8% on October 22 to close at $34.36 after the auto-parts manufacturer and seller reported worse-than-expected Q3 results. Electronic component shortages and continuing supply chain constraints also lead to an increase in costs. Furthermore, the company reduced its outlook for the second half of 2021. Disappointingly, adjusted earnings of $0.32 per share fell six cents short of analysts’ expectations of $0.38 per share. The company reported earnings of $0.48 per share in the prior-year period. (See Gentex stock charts on TipRanks) Furthermore, net sales decreased 18.8% year-over-year to $399.6 billion and failed to meet consensus estimates of $437.09 billion.
AutoNation's (AN) deal to acquire Priority 1 is set to add $420 million in annualized revenues. Meanwhile, Magna (MGA) slashes 2021 revenues and EBIT margin forecast amid chip woes.
Gentex (GNTX) envisions net sales in the band of $770-$840 million for second-half 2021, lower than the previous outlook of $970 million-$1.07 billion.
Auto industry supplier Gentex (NASDAQ: GNTX) reported that its net income fell by 34.5% year over year in the third quarter to $76.7 million ($0.32 per share) as its automaker customers were forced to cut production amid an ongoing global shortage of semiconductors. Gentex is the world's leading supplier of automotive rear-view mirrors that do anything more than simply reflect light. If your car's mirror automatically dims, has any sort of information display embedded in it, or has switches on it that control other functions in your vehicle, it was almost certainly made by Gentex.
Gentex (GNTX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -11.11% and -5.59%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GNTX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|