Global Payments Inc. (GPN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GPN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPN is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- GPN's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 31.15% of US stocks).
GPN Stock Summary
- GPN has a market capitalization of $45,522,141,972 -- more than approximately 93.86% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 52.69, Global Payments Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 82.88% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Global Payments Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Global Payments Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ROP, CTAS, ADM, MNST, and ROST.
- GPN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Global Payments Inc's official web site, go to www.globalpaymentsinc.com.
GPN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GPN's price/sales ratio is 252.94% higher, now standing at 6.
- GPN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.4 over the prior 243 months.
- GPN's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPN.
GPN Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 20.81%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 57.46%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 118.06%.
The table below shows GPN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 53.71% of graded US stocks.
- GPN's asset turnover comes in at 0.179 -- ranking 492nd of 560 Business Services stocks.
- FISV, QTWO, and BBSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPN.
The table below shows GPN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$160.58||52-week high||$220.81|
|Prev. close||$154.97||52-week low||$148.69|
|Day high||$160.64||Avg. volume||1,896,073|
|50-day MA||$162.77||Dividend yield||0.62%|
|200-day MA||$189.42||Market Cap||47.17B|
Global Payments Inc. (GPN) Company Bio
Global Payments provides electronic payments transaction processing services. The company operates in two segments, North America Merchant Services and International Merchant Services. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPN Latest Social Stream
View Full GPN Social Stream
Latest GPN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Global Payments Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPN as an investment opportunity.
Global Payments (GPN) is a worldwide provider of payment technology and software. I am bullish on the stock. (See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks) Mineral Tree acquisition Global Payments has agreed to acquire Mineral Tree for $500 million. The deal is anticipated to close by the end of Q4, subject to regulatory approvals. Mineral Tree's SaaS offerings automate key procurement processes, which include invoicing, approvals, payment options, and related options. It's anticipated that the acquisition would substantially increase Global Payments' access to hyper-growth markets, which adds to the general quality of the firm's top-line earnings.
Global Payments Inc. ( NYSE:GPN ) received a lot of attention from a substantial price movement on the NYSE over the...
SimpleNexus (https://simplenexus.com/), developer of the leading homeownership platform for loan officers, borrowers, real estate agents and settlement agents, today announced the debut of Nexus Pay at the Mortgage Bankers Association's Annual Convention and Expo (MBA Annual21) happening October 17-20 at the San Diego Convention Center.
American Express (AXP) relaunches the Business Gold Rewards Card with added rewards and bonus features, which can help Canadian small business owners to grow their businesses.
Global Payments Inc CEO Jeff Sloan said in an interview he would be open to a large acquisition again, two years after acquiring peer TSYS in a $21.5 billion all-stock deal, while continuing to chase small bolt-on purchases to bolster growth. Global Payments, one of the world's biggest providers of transaction services for businesses, complemented its offerings with the acquisition of TSYS, which processes credit card transactions for banks. Global Payments' acquisition focus is now on software and other technology-enabled platforms, Sloan said.
GPN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|