Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GS POWR Grades
- GS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.8% of US stocks.
- GS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
GS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $111,353,717,925, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC has a greater market value than 98.22% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC is higher than 96.12% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC is higher than it is for about 97.42% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HDB, HSBC, ADP, MS, and BLK.
- Visit GS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.goldmansachs.com.
GS Valuation Summary
- GS's price/earnings ratio is 6.6; this is 36.54% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- GS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GS.
GS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 28.67%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 24.15%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 211.96%.
The table below shows GS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.43% of graded US stocks.
- GS's asset turnover comes in at 0.045 -- ranking 304th of 442 Trading stocks.
- JHG, GROW, and WY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GS.
The table below shows GS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$295.12||52-week high||$426.16|
|Prev. close||$301.97||52-week low||$277.84|
|Day high||$302.10||Avg. volume||2,734,335|
|50-day MA||$332.35||Dividend yield||3.31%|
|200-day MA||$334.67||Market Cap||100.74B|
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) Company Bio
Goldman Sachs operates as an investment banking, securities, and investment management company worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Investment Banking, Institutional Client Services, Investing & Lending, and Investment Management. The company was founded in 1869 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
GS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GS Latest Social Stream
View Full GS Social Stream
Latest GS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GS as an investment opportunity.
Leading investment bank The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (GS) has been battered by the equity bear market over the past year, following its highs in November 2021. Notwithstanding, none of it should be surprising as its investment banking ((IB)) unit came under significant pressure following the excesses in deal-making from the Fed-induced liquidity pump.
Therefore, as the Fed shuts down its liquidity pump and tightens financial conditions rapidly, IB's growth momentum stuttered dramatically. It dragged down the bank's revenue growth cadence, as its asset management ((AM)) arm also underperformed markedly.
When close to half the companies in the United States have price-to-earnings ratios (or "P/E's") above 14x, you may...
Among the best value stocks out there at the moment is Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS). Goldman Sachs has been around for more than 100 years and remains one of the largest financial services firms in the world. It is best known as an investment bank, as it is one of the largest in the country.
Goldman Sachs Announces Preliminary Court Approval of Shareholder Derivative Settlement Relating to 1MDB
NEW YORK, September 23, 2022--The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) today announced that on September 16, 2022, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York preliminarily approved a settlement agreement resolving a shareholder derivative lawsuit involving the firm. In accordance with the Court’s order preliminarily approving the settlement, Goldman Sachs is making disclosure of the settlement to its shareholders in the Notice of Settlement of Shareholder Derivative Litigation
Stocks continued to fall in the wake of the Federal Reserve's September meeting earlier this week.
GS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|