GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GSK POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GSK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.3% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GSK is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- GSK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.83% of US stocks).
GSK Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $109,238,571,381, Glaxosmithkline Plc has a greater market value than 97.73% of US stocks.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.26% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Glaxosmithkline Plc's share price is greater than that of just 0.79% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GSK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TGT, CAT, GE, MMM, and DE.
- Visit GSK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gsk.com.
GSK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GSK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.31||52-week high||$42.40|
|Prev. close||$40.66||52-week low||$33.26|
|Day high||$40.59||Avg. volume||5,297,125|
|50-day MA||$38.39||Dividend yield||5.12%|
|200-day MA||$37.21||Market Cap||108.54B|
GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK) Company Bio
GlaxoSmithKline plc creates, discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceutical products, including vaccines, over-the-counter medicines, and health-related consumer products worldwide. The companys wellness products include Panadol and Panadol Cold & Flu, ENO and Tums - antacids, and Nicorette (US), Nicoderm, NiQuitin CQ, and Nicabate - treatment of nicotine withdrawal, Sensodyne - to ttreat and prevent dental sensitivity, Polident, Poligrip, and Corega to enhance comfort of fitted denture, and Aquafresh for the prevention of gum disease and bad breath. The company was founded in 1935 and is based, the United Kingdom.
GSK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Glaxosmithkline Plc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Glaxosmithkline Plc ranked in the 35th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 52%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Glaxosmithkline Plc, consider:
- Glaxosmithkline Plc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 7.87. This coverage rate is greater than that of 65.78% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than merely 22.04% stocks in the Healthcare sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GSK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GSK Latest Social Stream
View Full GSK Social Stream
Latest GSK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Glaxosmithkline Plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GSK as an investment opportunity.
The biotech sector was in focus last week with regulatory updates from Sage (SAGE) and Vertex (VRTX), among others.
CureVac said late Wednesday that a late-stage study of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate "did not meet prespecified statistical success criteria." The company said that the second interim analysis of its phase 2b/3 study in 40,000 subjects demonstrated interim vaccine efficacy of 47% against COVID-19 of any severity. "While we were hoping for a stronger interim outcome, we recognize that demonstrating high efficacy in this unprecedented broad diversity of variants is challenging," said Dr. Franz-Werner Haas, CEO of CureVac in a statement.
Dr. Gustavo Ferrer, President of Aventura Pulmonary Institute, joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.
Regeneron (REGN) announces positive results from a phase III study on antibody cocktail, REGEN-COV.
Eli Lilly CEO David Ricks joins 'Influencers with Andy Serwer' to discuss the FDA's approval of Biogen's new Alzheimer’s drug.
GSK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|