Honda Motor Company, Ltd. (HMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HMC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where HMC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HMC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 199 days.
- HMC's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 72.53% of US stocks).
HMC Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $52,937,856,039, Honda Motor Co Ltd has a greater market value than 95.33% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for HMC is currently 0.04, higher than only 0.94% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Honda Motor Co Ltd's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 3,292.23%, greater than the shareholder yield of 99.75% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Honda Motor Co Ltd are TAK, EDN, CAJ, SMFG, and TEO.
- Visit HMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.honda.co.jp.
HMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.93||52-week high||$31.92|
|Prev. close||$30.66||52-week low||$22.03|
|Day high||$31.05||Avg. volume||897,336|
|50-day MA||$30.04||Dividend yield||2.46%|
|200-day MA||$27.50||Market Cap||53.40B|
Honda Motor Company, Ltd. (HMC) Company Bio
Honda Motor Company develops, manufactures, and distributes motorcycles, automobiles, power, and other products worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Motorcycle Business, Automobile Business, Financial Services Business, and Power product and Other Businesses. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Tokyo, Japan.
HMC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Honda Motor Co Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Honda Motor Co Ltd ranked in the 98th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF model suggests the stock is undervalued by 17674.17%; returns of such proportions should be viewed with some skepticism, though. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Honda Motor Co Ltd, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 40% of its capital from equity, and 60% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than just 12.47% of US equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.55 years, is 0.01% -- higher than merely 24.72% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Honda Motor Co Ltd's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than merely 0.32% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HMC Latest Social Stream
View Full HMC Social Stream
Latest HMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Honda Motor Co Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HMC as an investment opportunity.
Dogecoin Co-Creator Sold All His Coins For Just Enough To Afford A Used Honda Civic In 2015 — Now DOGE Is Bigger Than Honda
Dogecoin (DOGE), which hit an all-time high near the 45-cent level on Monday night, has now surpassed automaker Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (NYSE: HMC ) in terms of market capitalization. What Happened : The joke cryptocurrency has risen 10.8% in the past 24 hours to $0.4245 at press time, giving it a market capitalization of $54.64 billion. In comparison, Honda has a market capitalization of $54.52 billion as per Monday's close. The event is significant as Dogecoin co-creator Billy Markus recently revealed that he sold off his entire cryptocurrency holdings in 2015 for an amount equivalent to what a used Honda Civic … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Global car firms have been struggling with chip shortages as the COVID pandemic led to increased demand in other markets such as smartphones and other consumer electronics.
The country’s second largest two-wheeler maker Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) Thursday said it is temporarily suspending operations across its four manufacturing facilities due to the sharp rise in Covid-19 cases and the multiple lockdowns in the country. “In view of the current severe situation on account of the 2nd wave of Covid 19 and subsequent multiple lockdowns across various cities in the country, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) has announced a temporary halt of its production operations across all 4 plants, effective from 1st May, 2021”, the company said in a statement. HMSI has four manufacturing plants across Manesar (Haryana), Tapukara (Rajasthan), Narsapura (Karnataka) and Vithalapur (Gujarat). Honda will utilize this temporary production halt (1st...
The UK will allow self-driving cars on its roads in 2021, and some hope they will put an end to traffic
Summary List Placement Motorists in the UK could soon be able to take their hands off the wheel while driving as the country outlines its plans to introduce regulations for self-driving cars. The UK government on Wednesday set out how vehicles fitted with an automated lane-keeping system could be allowed on the roads by the end of 2021. It marks a sizable step forward for the country in its ambitions to become a leader in autonomous driving. As it stands, the UK is considered the ninth-most-ready country for self-driving cars, according to a study by KPMG . It remains some ways behind the likes of Singapore, Norway, and the US. ALKS will be initially enabled for use on motorways in slow traffic where vehicles will be able to drive themselves in a single lane and will be limited to a spe...
We got to drive a bunch of cars from Honda's heritage collection.
HMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|