HNI Corporation (HNI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HNI POWR Grades
- HNI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 90.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HNI is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- HNI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 21.97% of US stocks).
HNI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HNI is 3.83 -- better than 87.26% of US stocks.
- HNI's went public 33.01 years ago, making it older than 85.85% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of HNI CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.01% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to HNI CORP are CNXN, TTSH, BBW, TLYS, and GCO.
- Visit HNI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hnicorp.com.
HNI Valuation Summary
- HNI's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 72.22% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HNI's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HNI.
HNI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -48.06%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -31.1%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -6.97%.
The table below shows HNI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HNI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HNI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.58% of graded US stocks.
- HNI's asset turnover comes in at 1.469 -- ranking 1st of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- SCS, NP, and MLKN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HNI.
The table below shows HNI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HNI Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of HNI, see our HNI price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$51.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.25 (Strong Buy)|
HNI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HNI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.96||52-week high||$39.44|
|Prev. close||$26.50||52-week low||$24.60|
|Day high||$27.02||Avg. volume||314,500|
|50-day MA||$29.94||Dividend yield||4.83%|
|200-day MA||$30.94||Market Cap||1.12B|
HNI Corporation (HNI) Company Bio
HNI Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of office furniture and hearth products primarily in the United States, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, and Taiwan. The company was founded in 1944 and is based in Muscatine, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
HNI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HNI Latest Social Stream
View Full HNI Social Stream
Latest HNI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HNI CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HNI as an investment opportunity.
HNI's (NYSE:HNI) Returns On Capital Tell Us There Is Reason To Feel Uneasy
When we're researching a company, it's sometimes hard to find the warning signs, but there are some financial metrics...
7 Long-Term Stocks That Will Reward Patient Investors
While circumstances in the market may be shaky due to stability concerns, these long-term stocks to buy offer much-needed confidence.
With EPS Growth And More, HNI (NYSE:HNI) Makes An Interesting Case
It's common for many investors, especially those who are inexperienced, to buy shares in companies with a good story...
Why Kimball Stock Is Up Big and HNI Is Headed in the Other Direction
Furniture maker HNI (NYSE: HNI) is paying up to acquire Kimball International (NASDAQ: KBAL), and that has shareholders on edge. Shares of Kimball are up more than 80%, and HNI shares are down as much as 17%, as Wall Street digests the particulars of this transaction. It has been a tough year for goods makers, and furniture manufacturers HNI and Kimball are no exceptions.
HNI Corporation to Acquire Kimball International
MUSCATINE, Iowa & JASPER, Ind., March 08, 2023--HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) and Kimball International, Inc. (NASDAQ: KBAL) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which HNI will acquire all the outstanding shares of Kimball International in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $485 million.
HNI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HNIWant to do more research on Hni Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Hni Corp (HNI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hni Corp (HNI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hni Corp (HNI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...