Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (HP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.19% of US stocks.
- HP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- HP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
HP Stock Summary
- HELMERICH & PAYNE INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of HELMERICH & PAYNE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 14.2% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that HP's revenue has grown 63.56% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 85.29% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HELMERICH & PAYNE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be EGY, SGFY, PUMP, WTRH, and NGS.
- HP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HELMERICH & PAYNE INC's official web site, go to www.hpinc.com.
HP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, HP's EV/EBIT ratio is 380.17% lower, now standing at -33.9.
- Over the past 243 months, HP's price/earnings ratio has gone down 48.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HP.
HP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -52.67%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 59.17%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -26.86%.
The table below shows HP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.34% of graded US stocks.
- HP's asset turnover comes in at 0.232 -- ranking 104th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- RNGR, CCLP, and PXD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HP.
The table below shows HP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.11||52-week high||$54.59|
|Prev. close||$43.19||52-week low||$20.93|
|Day high||$43.84||Avg. volume||1,275,514|
|50-day MA||$42.36||Dividend yield||2.32%|
|200-day MA||$40.36||Market Cap||4.54B|
Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (HP) Company Bio
Helmerich & Payne operates as a contract drilling company in South America, the Middle East, and Africa. It provides drilling rigs, equipment, personnel, and camps on a contract basis to explore for and develop oil and gas from onshore areas and fixed platforms, tension-leg platforms, and spars in offshore areas. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories View All
HP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HP Latest Social Stream
View Full HP Social Stream
Latest HP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HELMERICH & PAYNE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HP as an investment opportunity.
Why investors should use the Zacks Earnings ESP tool to help find stocks that are poised to top quarterly earnings estimates.
Constructive fundamentals in the Zacks Oil and Gas - Drilling industry has provided the operators with critical growth tailwinds over the medium to long term. This should benefit the likes of HP, PTEN and NBR.
The board of Helmerich & Payne, Inc. ( NYSE:HP ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of $0.25 per share on the...
Does Helmerich & Payne (HP) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
How far off is Helmerich & Payne, Inc. ( NYSE:HP ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data...
HP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|