Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (HP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.66% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- HP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 5.94% of US stocks).
HP Stock Summary
- HP's went public 36.9 years ago, making it older than 93.43% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for HP is currently 34.14, higher than 85.51% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- As for revenue growth, note that HP's revenue has grown 63.56% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 86.42% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to HELMERICH & PAYNE INC are PUMP, NGS, CRON, SGFY, and SD.
- Visit HP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hpinc.com.
HP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, HP's price/sales ratio is 121.43% higher, now standing at 3.1.
- Over the past 243 months, HP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 55.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HP.
HP Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -366.61%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 31.64%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 31.64%.
The table below shows HP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.34% of graded US stocks.
- HP's asset turnover comes in at 0.232 -- ranking 104th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- RNGR, CCLP, and PXD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HP.
The table below shows HP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.46||52-week high||$54.59|
|Prev. close||$51.78||52-week low||$20.93|
|Day high||$51.74||Avg. volume||1,236,011|
|50-day MA||$45.48||Dividend yield||1.98%|
|200-day MA||$43.86||Market Cap||5.32B|
Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (HP) Company Bio
Helmerich & Payne operates as a contract drilling company in South America, the Middle East, and Africa. It provides drilling rigs, equipment, personnel, and camps on a contract basis to explore for and develop oil and gas from onshore areas and fixed platforms, tension-leg platforms, and spars in offshore areas. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories View All
HP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HP Latest Social Stream
View Full HP Social Stream
Latest HP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HELMERICH & PAYNE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HP as an investment opportunity.
Helmerich & Payne (HP) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Does Helmerich & Payne (HP) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
For investors looking for an energy stock with a strong outlook, Halliburton (HAL) is one to keep on the shortlist.
Stressing on its shareholder return program, Diamondback Energy (FANG) has committed to return half of the free cash flow through dividends and buybacks.
Analysts Offer Insights on Industrial Goods Companies: Helmerich & Payne (HP) and Bluescope Steel Limited (OtherBLSFF)
Companies in the Industrial Goods sector have received a lot of coverage today as analysts weigh in on Helmerich & Payne (HP – Research Report) and Bluescope Steel Limited (BLSFF – Research Report). Helmerich & Payne (HP) J.P. Morgan analyst Arun Jayaram maintained a Hold rating on Helmerich & Payne on November 18 and set a price target of $60.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $53.70, close to its 52-week high of $54.59. According to TipRanks.
HP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|