HP Inc. (HPQ): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HPQ POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where HPQ ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.82% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HPQ is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- HPQ's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.33% of US stocks).
HPQ Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HPQ is -27.98 -- better than just 0.71% of US stocks.
- HPQ's went public 36.9 years ago, making it older than 93.43% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- HPQ's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.26% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be DESP, OGN, KALA, CMPR, and MDXG.
- HPQ's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HP INC's official web site, go to www.hp.com.
HPQ Valuation Summary
- HPQ's price/earnings ratio is 4.9; this is 78.88% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- HPQ's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HPQ.
HPQ Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 1.61%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 29.97%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 64.76%.
The table below shows HPQ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HPQ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HPQ has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.7% of graded US stocks.
- HPQ's asset turnover comes in at 1.78 -- ranking 3rd of 83 Computers stocks.
- QBAK, FTNT, and SCKT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HPQ.
The table below shows HPQ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HPQ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HPQ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.15||52-week high||$41.47|
|Prev. close||$29.91||52-week low||$24.08|
|Day high||$30.74||Avg. volume||11,241,262|
|50-day MA||$27.14||Dividend yield||3.32%|
|200-day MA||$32.96||Market Cap||30.33B|
Most Popular Stories View All
HPQ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HPQ Latest Social Stream
View Full HPQ Social Stream
Latest HPQ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HPQ as an investment opportunity.
HP Inc. layoffs will have one benefit to investors.
Big Tech is bracing for a tough road ahead as HP Inc. said it will axe 10% of its staff, Dell warned that sales are sliding, and Google prepares to designate 10,000 employees as low-performing, a potential prelude to mass staff reductions. The reductions come as a potential recession and post-pandemic decline in sales have led many technology companies to reevaluate staffing needs. “At this point it’s prudent not to assume that the market will turn during 2023,” said HP CEO Enrique Lores.
Big Tech is bracing for more job cuts as HP Inc. (HPQ) said it will axe 10% of its staff, Dell (DELL) warned that sales are sliding, and Google prepares to designate 10,000 employees as low-performing, a potential prelude to mass staff reductions. The reductions come as a potential recession and post-pandemic decline in sales have led many technology companies to reevaluate staffing needs. “At this point it’s prudent not to assume that the market will turn during 2023,” said HP CEO Enrique Lores.
Google has avoided the bloodletting of much of its Big Tech brethren, but a slumping ad market and macroeconomic conditions give it no other choice but to tighten its belt.
Wall Street's main indexes were set to open slightly lower on Wednesday as Apple shares fell, while investors awaited the release of minutes from the Federal Reserve's November meeting for a clearer picture of its monetary tightening policy. Recent statements from Fed officials, including Cleveland President Loretta Mester and Kansas City President Esther George, have offered mixed clues about the future path of interest rate hikes, but have reiterated the central bank's resolve to stamp out inflation.
HPQ Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|