H&R Block, Inc. (HRB): Price and Financial Metrics
HRB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.89||52-week high||$45.10|
|Prev. close||$42.59||52-week low||$28.83|
|Day high||$42.72||Avg. volume||1,617,293|
|50-day MA||$37.56||Dividend yield||3.09%|
|200-day MA||$35.64||Market Cap||6.16B|
HRB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRB POWR Grades
- HRB scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.42% of US stocks.
- HRB's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- HRB's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16.2% of US stocks).
HRB Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HRB is 108.29 -- better than 99.67% of US stocks.
- H&R BLOCK INC's stock had its IPO on November 12, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.49% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -12.47 for H&R BLOCK INC; that's greater than it is for only 1.94% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HRB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LII, DRCT, CWH, ACI, and VSCO.
- HRB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit H&R BLOCK INC's official web site, go to www.hrblock.com.
HRB Valuation Summary
- HRB's price/earnings ratio is 10.4; this is 30.67% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HRB's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HRB.
HRB Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -24.34%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -12.75%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -74.95%.
The table below shows HRB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HRB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HRB has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.66% of graded US stocks.
- HRB's asset turnover comes in at 0.95 -- ranking 13th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- MNRO, RGS, and CAR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HRB.
The table below shows HRB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
H&R Block, Inc. (HRB) Company Bio
H&R Block provides tax preparation, banking, and other services to the general public primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
HRB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRB Latest Social Stream
View Full HRB Social Stream
Latest HRB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about H&R BLOCK INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRB as an investment opportunity.
H&R Block (HRB) gains from its Block Horizons 2025 plan, which promises growth, profitability and financial strength ahead. Increasing expenses are concerning.
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Sept. 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) today published its fourth Annual Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report for fiscal year 2023 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023). The ESG Report reflects H&R Block’s ongoing commitment to transparency, sustainability, and responsible business practices in key areas such as environmental impact, social responsibility, corporate governance, stakeholder engagement, and more. “Our Purpose is to provide help and
Job site Indeed's worker well-being survey ranked the American companies with the happiest employees, asking participants to measure their satisfaction, stress, and purpose from their jobs. Yahoo Finance Live breaks down the top five companies, including tax assistance agency H&R Block (HRB), Delta Air Lines (DAL), and information technology company Accenture (ACN). And the number one spot may just surprise you. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode of Yahoo Finance Live.
With digital innovations set to change the paradigm of efficiency, investors need to look at these generative AI stocks to buy.
This National Guacamole Day, H&R Block is Reminding Californians to File Their Taxes by the Extended October Deadline
For all in San Diego, guacamole will not be “extra” on Sept. 16 and 17, thanks to the tax service provider and a local small business on wheelsSAN DIEGO, Sept. 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This Saturday, National Guacamole Day, H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), is rolling out a tasty reminder to San Diegans, encouraging them (and all Californians) to file their taxes by Oct. 16 – the deadline extended to taxpayers by the IRS. To do this, the tax preparation company has partnered with Taco Love, a beloved S
HRB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|