H&R Block, Inc. (HRB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HRB POWR Grades
- HRB scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.09% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HRB is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- HRB ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
HRB Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HRB is 9.69 -- better than 96.8% of US stocks.
- HRB's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 0.58% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, HRB has reported earnings growth of 873.18%, putting it ahead of 97.42% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to H&R Block Inc are CIDM, QTNT, LTRPA, CCLP, and LYV.
- Visit HRB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hrblock.com.
HRB Valuation Summary
- HRB's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.7; this is 64.17% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HRB's price/earnings ratio has gone down 18.7.
- Over the past 243 months, HRB's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HRB.
HRB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.66||52-week high||$26.23|
|Prev. close||$24.57||52-week low||$13.51|
|Day high||$24.77||Avg. volume||2,188,082|
|50-day MA||$24.34||Dividend yield||4.4%|
|200-day MA||$20.57||Market Cap||4.47B|
H&R Block, Inc. (HRB) Company Bio
H&R Block provides tax preparation, banking, and other services to the general public primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
HRB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HRB, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that H&R Block Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 9.83% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HRB, they are:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 76.35% of its sector Consumer Cyclical.
- H&R Block Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 13.3% of tickers in our DCF set.
- H&R Block Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 29 -- greater than 89.73% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HRB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRB Latest Social Stream
View Full HRB Social Stream
Latest HRB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about H&R Block Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRB as an investment opportunity.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
Global Tax Management Soultion Market 2021 Future Set to Massive Growth with High CAGR value | Market Players: Avalara, Wolters Kluwer, Longview, TaxSlayer, TaxJar, Xero, Intuit, Thomson Reuters, H&R Block, Drake Software, SOVOS, Canopy, TaxACT, Outright, Shoeboxed, Rethink Solutions, ClearTAX, WEBTEL, Inspur, Seapower
The report on Global Tax Management Soultion Market has been provided by researchers for a detailed understanding of market performance over an estimated period of time set from 2021 to 2026. However, this report has introduced a brief overview to provide the reader with better information on this report. This brief description contains a basic 
These are the consumer discretionary stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for August 2021.
H&R Block (HRB) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
HRB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|