H&R Block, Inc. (HRB): Price and Financial Metrics
HRB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.19||52-week high||$48.76|
|Prev. close||$30.01||52-week low||$28.83|
|Day high||$30.55||Avg. volume||1,714,880|
|50-day MA||$32.90||Dividend yield||3.87%|
|200-day MA||$38.70||Market Cap||4.60B|
HRB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRB POWR Grades
- HRB scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.27% of US stocks.
- HRB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- HRB's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 8.49% of US stocks).
HRB Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HRB is -95.9 -- better than just 0.37% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.47, H&R BLOCK INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 5.47% of US stocks.
- HRB's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 1.58% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to H&R BLOCK INC are CAH, STCN, GTX, LII, and NINE.
- Visit HRB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hrblock.com.
HRB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, HRB's price/sales ratio is 27.78% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- Over the past 243 months, HRB's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HRB.
HRB Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -24.34%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -12.75%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -74.95%.
The table below shows HRB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HRB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HRB has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.66% of graded US stocks.
- HRB's asset turnover comes in at 0.95 -- ranking 13th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- MNRO, RGS, and CAR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HRB.
The table below shows HRB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HRB Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of HRB, see our HRB price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$26.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.79 (Moderate Buy)|
H&R Block, Inc. (HRB) Company Bio
H&R Block provides tax preparation, banking, and other services to the general public primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
HRB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRB Latest Social Stream
View Full HRB Social Stream
Latest HRB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about H&R BLOCK INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRB as an investment opportunity.
H&R Block Named a Champion of Business in Kansas City
The company was chosen by the Kansas City Business Journal for its “gold standard” of business innovation, and moreKANSAS CITY, Mo., May 19, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) was one of 15 businesses recognized as a Champion of Business by the Kansas City Business Journal. This award is presented to metro-area businesses that are setting the gold standard for financial performance, innovation, and community involvement. “As a global company that proudly calls Kansas City home, we ar
Most Americans Want to Cut Out the Tax Preparer Middleman
In a survey published this week, the majority of tax prep software users said they would switch over to an IRS-run option, if one were made available.
How to Maximize Your Retirement Portfolio with These Top-Ranked Dividend Stocks
The traditional retirement planning approaches no longer cover all expenses in nest egg years. So what can retirees do? Thankfully, there are alternative investments that provide steady, higher-rate income streams to replace dwindling bond yields.
IRS looks into setting up a government-run tax filing system
The Yahoo Finance Live team discusses a plan for a free government-run tax self-filing service from the IRS, the popularity of e-filing, and what this means for H&R Block and Intuit.
H&R Block Shares Sink as IRS Considers Offering Free Tax Filing Service
H&R Block (HRB) shares are sinking as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is set to release a report this week about plans to offer free online tax filings on its website.
HRB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HRBWant to do more research on H&R Block Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
H&R Block Inc (HRB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
H&R Block Inc (HRB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
H&R Block Inc (HRB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...