H&R Block, Inc. (HRB): Price and Financial Metrics
HRB Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HRB is -5.42 -- better than merely 2.02% of US stocks.
- HRB's went public 34.46 years ago, making it older than 92.11% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -26.03 for H&R Block Inc; that's greater than it is for just 0.85% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to H&R Block Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be STON, ATCX, STAF, JILL, and MDCA.
- HRB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit H&R Block Inc's official web site, go to www.hrblock.com.
HRB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.89||52-week high||$22.99|
|Prev. close||$21.86||52-week low||$13.05|
|Day high||$22.04||Avg. volume||2,515,302|
|50-day MA||$20.68||Dividend yield||4.76%|
|200-day MA||$17.31||Market Cap||3.97B|
H&R Block, Inc. (HRB) Company Bio
H&R Block provides tax preparation, banking, and other services to the general public primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
HRB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for H&R Block Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that H&R Block Inc ranked in the 62th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 36.67%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HRB, they are:
- 59% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 23.41% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- H&R Block Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 8.09% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, H&R Block Inc experienced a tax rate of about 29% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than 84.81% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HRB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRB Latest Social Stream
View Full HRB Social Stream
Latest HRB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about H&R Block Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRB as an investment opportunity.
These 4 pieces of tax software are some of the best out there in 2021.
On average, over time, stock markets tend to rise higher. This makes investing attractive. But not every stock you buy...
H&R Block (HRB) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
You can get an extension to file your federal tax return, but you still have to pay your bill by May 17
Summary List Placement Federal tax returns and payments for most Americans are due on May 17 this year. Residents of Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma who were affected by winter storms have until June 15. If you can't get everything together in time for your deadline, you can file for a tax extension with the IRS, which pushes the due date for your return to October 15. Keep in mind that any federal tax payment you owe is due by May 17, regardless of whether you get an extension on your tax return. Deadlines for things like IRA contributions do not include the extension to October, except for some employer based plans like SEP IRAs. How to file a tax extension Use the IRS' free filing partners, including H&R Block , TurboTax , and TaxAct . Make a payment on the IRS website or the IRS2GO m...
Jackson Hewitt review: A straightforward way to file taxes online or with a pro if you don't qualify for free filing
Summary List Placement Jackson Hewitt offers a good online do-it-yourself tax service for a flat rate of $49 for federal and state returns. For a higher price, you can hand off your documents to a tax pro online or in an office. But, if you have a simple tax situation with W-2 income or unemployment income, there are free options elsewhere. See Personal Finance Insider's picks for the best tax software » Taxes can get overwhelming, fast. If you don't qualify for free filing and you're looking for a simple way to prepare your return at an affordable price, Jackson Hewitt might be a good fit. Jackson Hewitt's DIY online package is relatively new, but a worthy competitor to household names like TaxAct , TaxSlayer , H&R Block , and TurboTax . And its full-service expert filing package is fl...
HRB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HRBWant to do more research on H&R Block Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!