Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL): Price and Financial Metrics
HRL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $25,403,172,150, Hormel Foods Corp has a greater market value than 90.58% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 310.35%, Hormel Foods Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 95.56% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HRL is more volatile than only 1.16% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hormel Foods Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CHD, HEI, ROK, DOV, and FITB.
- HRL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hormel Foods Corp's official web site, go to www.hormelfoods.com.
HRL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.56||52-week high||$52.97|
|Prev. close||$46.65||52-week low||$43.45|
|Day high||$46.76||Avg. volume||2,630,812|
|50-day MA||$47.81||Dividend yield||2.11%|
|200-day MA||$48.70||Market Cap||25.15B|
Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL) Company Bio
Hormel Foods produces and markets various meat and food products worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Grocery Products, Refrigerated Foods, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Specialty Foods, and International & Other. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Austin, Minnesota.
HRL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Hormel Foods Corp. To summarize, we found that Hormel Foods Corp ranked in the 19th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Hormel Foods Corp ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.5 years, is -0.02% -- higher than merely 20.42% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 5% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than merely 17.41% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than merely 0% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HRL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRL Latest Social Stream
View Full HRL Social Stream
Latest HRL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hormel Foods Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRL as an investment opportunity.
It looks like Hormel Foods Corporation ( NYSE:HRL ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next four days. This means that...
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), a global branded food company, today announced a donation of 90,000 pounds of SKIPPY® peanut butter products to Conscious Alliance, a longtime hunger-relief partner based in Boulder, Colo. The food will be directed to those in need in the Chicago area and Colorado's Front Range Urban Corridor, and to children living on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. In the latter case, SKIPPY® products will be distributed via elementary schools on the reservation, going home with students before the schools' spring break in late March/early April.
Photo by David McNew/Getty Images News via Getty ImagesHormel Foods (HRL) is probably best known for their SPAM brand of canned meat. However, over the last decade, Hormel has been adding on several whole food and healthier snacking and food options to their portfolio - brands include Justin's Nut Butter,...
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Hormel Foods Corporation ( NYSE:HRL ) by taking the...
Hormel Foods (HRL) declares $0.245/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 2.02%Payable May 17; for shareholders of record April 12; ex-div April 9.See HRL Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
HRL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HRLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Hormel Foods Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!