Hormel Foods Corp. (HRL): Price and Financial Metrics
HRL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.03||52-week high||$49.73|
|Prev. close||$38.03||52-week low||$36.78|
|Day high||$38.45||Avg. volume||2,053,185|
|50-day MA||$39.33||Dividend yield||2.87%|
|200-day MA||$41.20||Market Cap||20.78B|
HRL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRL POWR Grades
- HRL scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 90.31% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HRL is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- HRL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 9.86% of US stocks).
HRL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $21,263,581,196, HORMEL FOODS CORP has a greater market value than 90.6% of US stocks.
- HORMEL FOODS CORP's stock had its IPO on January 2, 1990, making it an older stock than 89% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of HORMEL FOODS CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HRL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DOV, CHD, K, AVY, and DLTR.
- Visit HRL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hormelfoods.com.
HRL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, HRL's price/sales ratio is 5.56% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- HRL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HRL.
HRL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 29.41%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -6.15%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 10.14%.
The table below shows HRL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HRL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HRL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.62% of graded US stocks.
- HRL's asset turnover comes in at 0.984 -- ranking 23rd of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, FARM, and KHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HRL.
The table below shows HRL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Hormel Foods Corp. (HRL) Company Bio
Hormel Foods Corporation is an American food processing company founded in 1891 in Austin, Minnesota, by George A. Hormel as George A. Hormel & Company. The company originally focused on the packaging and selling of ham, sausage and other pork, chicken, beef and lamb products to consumers, adding Spam in 1937. By the 1980s, Hormel began offering a wider range of packaged and refrigerated foods. The company changed its name to Hormel Foods Corporation in 1993, and uses the Hormel brand on many of its products; the company's other brands include Planters, Columbus Craft Meats, Dinty Moore, Jennie-O, and Skippy. The company's products are available in 80 countries. (Source:Wikipedia)
HRL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRL Latest Social Stream
View Full HRL Social Stream
Latest HRL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HORMEL FOODS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRL as an investment opportunity.
Interest rates are surging.
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), a Fortune 500 global branded food company, today announced its quarterly dividend on the common stock, authorized by the Board of Directors at 27.5 cents ($0.275) a share on September 25, 2023, will be paid November 15, 2023, to stockholders of record at the close of business on October 16, 2023.
Hormel Foods (HRL) continues to operate in a volatile, complex and high-cost environment. Weakness in the International segment is a hurdle.
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE:HRL) Stock's Been Sliding But Fundamentals Look Decent: Will The Market Correct The Share Price In The Future?
Hormel Foods (NYSE:HRL) has had a rough three months with its share price down 3.9%. But if you pay close attention...
If you are looking for investments that can both stand the test of time and be passed on to heirs, this trio is for you.
HRL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|