Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HRL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where HRL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HRL is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- HRL ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
HRL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $25,428,733,840, Hormel Foods Corp has a greater market value than 90.09% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 233.11%, Hormel Foods Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 95.57% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Hormel Foods Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 0.23% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HRL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IEX, FMS, RS, WAB, and CSGP.
- HRL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hormel Foods Corp's official web site, go to www.hormelfoods.com.
HRL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, HRL's price/sales ratio is 73.33% higher, now standing at 2.6.
- HRL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 8.3 over the prior 243 months.
- HRL's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HRL.
HRL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.30||52-week high||$52.97|
|Prev. close||$46.59||52-week low||$43.45|
|Day high||$46.89||Avg. volume||2,257,833|
|50-day MA||$47.93||Dividend yield||2.11%|
|200-day MA||$47.75||Market Cap||25.10B|
Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL) Company Bio
Hormel Foods produces and markets various meat and food products worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Grocery Products, Refrigerated Foods, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Specialty Foods, and International & Other. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Austin, Minnesota.
HRL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HRL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Hormel Foods Corp ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Hormel Foods Corp, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.5 years comes in at -0.02%; that's greater than just 19.46% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- HRL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 48.34% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Hormel Foods Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 15.96% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HRL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRL Latest Social Stream
View Full HRL Social Stream
Latest HRL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hormel Foods Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRL as an investment opportunity.
SAFM vs. HRL: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
If you're looking for dividend stocks to own from the S&P 500, these 10 Dividend Aristocrats are doing a lot better than most.
AUSTIN, Minn., July 21, 2021 /3BL Media/ - Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) is pleased to announce that it has ranked No. 17 on the Selling Power’s 50 Best Companies to Sell For list. This is t...
Hormel Foods, a global branded food company (NYSE: HRL), has once again stepped up to continue its award-winning summer internship program, accommodating a record 83 college students who represent nearly 50 colleges and universities throughout the United States. Last year, Hormel Foods offered students one of only a handful of virtual internships available nationwide. Despite the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, summer interns are once again hard at work, gaining real-life experience and contributi
Peter Cade/DigitalVision via Getty Images Sanderson Farms, Inc. (SAFM) a vertically integrated company which produces, processes, markets, and distributes chicken products in the United States. It is the third largest poultry producer in the US. SAFM currently has a favorable risk-reward profile based on its attractive relative valuation, its financial...
HRL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|