Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HRL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where HRL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HRL is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- HRL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.13% of US stocks).
HRL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $25,594,819,723, HORMEL FOODS CORP has a greater market value than 92.13% of US stocks.
- HORMEL FOODS CORP's stock had its IPO on January 2, 1990, making it an older stock than 89.14% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of HORMEL FOODS CORP's share price is greater than that of just 4.12% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to HORMEL FOODS CORP are CRH, DHI, TSN, K, and ROK.
- Visit HRL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hormelfoods.com.
HRL Valuation Summary
- HRL's price/sales ratio is 2; this is 5.26% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- HRL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HRL.
HRL Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 29.8%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -3.58%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 34.79%.
The table below shows HRL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HRL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HRL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.62% of graded US stocks.
- HRL's asset turnover comes in at 0.984 -- ranking 23rd of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, FARM, and KHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HRL.
The table below shows HRL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HRL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HRL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.44||52-week high||$55.11|
|Prev. close||$45.90||52-week low||$40.48|
|Day high||$46.20||Avg. volume||1,835,528|
|50-day MA||$48.45||Dividend yield||2.29%|
|200-day MA||$49.01||Market Cap||24.82B|
Hormel Foods Corporation (HRL) Company Bio
Hormel Foods produces and markets various meat and food products worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Grocery Products, Refrigerated Foods, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Specialty Foods, and International & Other. The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Austin, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
HRL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HRL Latest Social Stream
View Full HRL Social Stream
Latest HRL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HORMEL FOODS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HRL as an investment opportunity.
Hormel Foods Corporation, (NYSE: HRL), a Fortune 500 global branded food company, announced that it has provided support to Convoy of Hope's disaster recovery response in the wake of Hurricane Ian. The company's donation will immediately go to assisting those impacted by the devastating hurricanes that ravaged areas within Florida. Convoy of Hope is a nonprofit organization with a driving passion to feed the world through initiatives for children, community outreach events and disaster-response
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL), a Fortune 500 global branded food company, announced today that its quarterly dividend on the common stock, authorized by the Board of Directors at 26 cents ($0.26) a share on September 26, 2022, will be paid November 15, 2022, to stockholders of record at the close of business on October 17, 2022.
Best-known for such brands as Spam canned pork, Skippy peanut butter, and Planters nuts, Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) is a major player in this industry. Let's take a look at the company's fundamentals and valuation to decide if Hormel could be a nutritious addition to an income investor's portfolio. It already has meat-based protein brands, such as Spam, that appeal to customers.
Hormel stock shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 78 to 81.
The Makers of the PLANTERS® Brand Elevates Snacking With New Packaging Redesign for PLANTERS® Dry Roasted Peanuts
The iconic snack you know and love from America's #1 Selling Peanut Brand2 has a new, improved look and utilizes less plastic1! The makers of the PLANTERS® snack nut brand are introducing peanut-shaped, flavor-forward packaging for PLANTERS® Dry Roasted Peanuts, now on shelves nationwide.
HRL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|