The Hershey Company (HSY): Price and Financial Metrics
HSY Stock Summary
- HSY has a higher market value than 93.28% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $31,026,913,995.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HSY is 4.51 -- better than 90.08% of US stocks.
- Hershey Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.5% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Hershey Co are IR, GIS, CTAS, SLF, and PAYX.
- Visit HSY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thehersheycompany.com.
HSY Stock Price Chart More Charts
HSY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$160.32||52-week high||$162.20|
|Prev. close||$160.11||52-week low||$108.90|
|Day high||$160.96||Avg. volume||834,603|
|50-day MA||$151.15||Dividend yield||1.93%|
|200-day MA||$147.13||Market Cap||33.54B|
The Hershey Company (HSY) Company Bio
Hershey Company sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings, sundae syrups, and beverages, snack items, including spreads, and gum and mint refreshment products comprising chewing gums and bubble gums. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
HSY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HSY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Hershey Co ranked in the 40st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Hershey Co ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 11.5; that's higher than 74.51% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- HSY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 38.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|