Hershey Co. (HSY): Price and Financial Metrics
HSY Stock Summary
- Hershey Co's market capitalization of $32,771,517,247 is ahead of 92.37% of US-listed equities.
- Hershey Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HSY is more volatile than just 0.89% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hershey Co, a group of peers worth examining would be SWK, ROK, GIS, TT, and PAYX.
- HSY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hershey Co's official web site, go to www.thehersheycompany.com.
HSY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HSY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$159.64||52-week high||$161.71|
|Prev. close||$158.19||52-week low||$125.50|
|Day high||$161.00||Avg. volume||962,096|
|50-day MA||$153.12||Dividend yield||2.04%|
|200-day MA||$147.29||Market Cap||33.07B|
Hershey Co. (HSY) Company Bio
Hershey Company sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings, sundae syrups, and beverages, snack items, including spreads, and gum and mint refreshment products comprising chewing gums and bubble gums. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
HSY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Hershey Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Hershey Co ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HSY, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 11.03 -- which is good for besting 69.49% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- HSY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 27.63% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HSY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HSY Latest Social Stream
View Full HSY Social Stream
Latest HSY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hershey Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HSY as an investment opportunity.
Photo by robtek/iStock Editorial via Getty Images Tootsie Roll (TR) is an American confectionary company. It's most well-known for its namesake candy, though it has numerous other brands such as Andes, Dots, and Dubble Bubble as well. The company has shown little growth or reasons for excitement for many years...
One of the best investments we can make is in our own knowledge and skill set. With that in mind, this article will...
Easter is just around the proverbial corner, and the holiday means a great many things to different people. For investors, Easter offers the chance to take a second look at companies that traditionally enjoy an increase in holiday-related product sales. Let's consider four stocks that have a distinctive connection to the Easter holiday. Hershey Co (NYSE: HSY ): Easter is the second most important candy-eating occasion of the year, according to the National Confectioner's Association, and the Hershey brand is perennially popular during this season. And it seems that investors also have a sweet tooth for the company: Two weeks ago, Piper Sandler analyst Michael Lavery upgraded Hershey’s stock rating from Neutral to Overweight with a price target lifted from $147 to $175. What was the caus...
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
Everyone loves a little mystery, so the TWIZZLERS brand is bringing some fun and flavor by launching the first-ever TWIZZLERS Twists Mystery Flavor. The new flavor is sure to be the most delicious mystery of 2021 and is the perfect snack for consumers to chew on.
HSY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HSYWant to do more research on Hershey Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!