Hershey Co. (HSY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HSY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where HSY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.4% of US stocks.
- HSY's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 51 weeks.
- HSY ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
HSY Stock Summary
- Hershey Co's market capitalization of $37,542,465,312 is ahead of 92.65% of US-listed equities.
- Hershey Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.88% of US listed stocks.
- Hershey Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.68% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HSY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ROK, ROST, TT, SWK, and PAYX.
- Visit HSY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thehersheycompany.com.
HSY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, HSY's price/sales ratio is 200% higher, now standing at 4.2.
- HSY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- HSY's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HSY.
HSY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 31.5%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 46.76%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 124.17%.
The table below shows HSY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HSY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HSY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.4% of graded US stocks.
- HSY's asset turnover comes in at 0.957 -- ranking 23rd of 58 Food Products stocks.
- K, LNDC, and TSN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HSY.
The table below shows HSY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HSY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HSY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$179.61||52-week high||$182.71|
|Prev. close||$182.21||52-week low||$135.83|
|Day high||$182.25||Avg. volume||893,683|
|50-day MA||$176.35||Dividend yield||2%|
|200-day MA||$166.04||Market Cap||37.01B|
Hershey Co. (HSY) Company Bio
Hershey Company sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings, sundae syrups, and beverages, snack items, including spreads, and gum and mint refreshment products comprising chewing gums and bubble gums. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
HSY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HSY Latest Social Stream
View Full HSY Social Stream
Latest HSY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hershey Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HSY as an investment opportunity.
World''s Meat Snacks Industry Worth $14.3 Billion by 2027 - Competitive Insights & Analysis of Key Players Nestle Group, Hormel Foods, Conagra Brands, Bridgford Foods, and Hershey - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Meat Snacks Market Global Forecast 2021-2027, Industry Trends, Share, Insight, Growth, Impact of COVID-19, Opportunity Company Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com''s offering. According to the report, the Global Meat Snacks Market will be worth US$ 14.31 billion by 2027. In recent years, the consumption of meat snacks has increased substantially due to the tendency to reduce caloric intake, lack of time, and increased consumption of foods with
In this segment of Backstage Pass, recorded on Oct. 6, 2021, Fool contributors Brian Withers, Rachel Warren, and Demitri Kalogeropoulus share their all-time favorite snacks and the household name stocks that make them. Brian Withers: I saw this article and it just had to be part of the show today. Yes, Goldfish Crackers are having a moment.
No summary available.
Hershey is committed to a traceable and sustainable palm oil supply chain with no deforestation, no peatland development and no exploitation of workers. When sustainably grown, palm oil can reduce ...
When insiders sell shares, it indicates their concern in the company’s prospects or that they view the stock as being overpriced. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go short on the stock. Insider sales should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a selling decision. Below is a look at a few recent notable insider sales. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform. Kroger The Trade: The Kroger C
HSY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|