Hershey Co. (HSY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HSY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where HSY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HSY is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- HSY's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.82% of US stocks).
HSY Stock Summary
- HERSHEY CO's market capitalization of $47,708,359,655 is ahead of 95.35% of US-listed equities.
- HSY's went public 36.94 years ago, making it older than 93.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of HERSHEY CO's share price is greater than that of just 0.95% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to HERSHEY CO are PAYX, TT, LULU, CTAS, and ROST.
- Visit HSY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thehersheycompany.com.
HSY Valuation Summary
- HSY's price/sales ratio is 4.7; this is 370% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HSY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 7.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HSY.
HSY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 42.72%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -27.45%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -70.14%.
The table below shows HSY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HSY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HSY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.39% of graded US stocks.
- HSY's asset turnover comes in at 0.968 -- ranking 24th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- K, LNDC, and LANC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HSY.
The table below shows HSY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HSY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HSY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$234.73||52-week high||$241.45|
|Prev. close||$231.88||52-week low||$177.74|
|Day high||$234.89||Avg. volume||1,017,756|
|50-day MA||$227.91||Dividend yield||1.76%|
|200-day MA||$220.68||Market Cap||48.14B|
Hershey Co. (HSY) Company Bio
Hershey Company sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings, sundae syrups, and beverages, snack items, including spreads, and gum and mint refreshment products comprising chewing gums and bubble gums. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
HSY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HSY Latest Social Stream
View Full HSY Social Stream
Latest HSY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HERSHEY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HSY as an investment opportunity.
Hershey maintains some of the highest food safety production standards in the industry.
The Hershey Company's (NYSE:HSY) large institutional owners must be happy as stock continues to impress, up 6.8% over the past week
To get a sense of who is truly in control of The Hershey Company ( NYSE:HSY ), it is important to understand the...
In this article, we take a look at the 5 biggest chewing gum companies in the world. If you want to check out our detailed analysis of the chewing gum industry, go instead to 10 Biggest Chewing Gum Companies in the World. 5. The Hershey Company (NYSE:HSY) Annual Revenue: $8.9 billion Number of Hedge Fund […]
The US confectioner wants to “drive the production” of its core brands. The post Hershey to build new factory in home town appeared first on Just Food .
Substantial increase in sales, driven by pricing and volumes, along with a dramatic increase in account receivables. Learn why we maintain our buy rating.
HSY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|