Hershey Co. (HSY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HSY POWR Grades
- HSY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.08% of US stocks.
- HSY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 157 days.
- HSY ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
HSY Stock Summary
- HSY has a higher market value than 93.16% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $41,103,923,848.
- Hershey Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HSY is more volatile than merely 7% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hershey Co, a group of peers worth examining would be ROK, TT, LULU, GIS, and PAYX.
- HSY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hershey Co's official web site, go to www.thehersheycompany.com.
HSY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, HSY's price/sales ratio is 200% higher, now standing at 4.2.
- HSY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- HSY's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HSY.
HSY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 124.17%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 127.23%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 29.85%.
The table below shows HSY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HSY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HSY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.39% of graded US stocks.
- HSY's asset turnover comes in at 0.968 -- ranking 24th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- K, LNDC, and LANC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HSY.
The table below shows HSY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HSY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HSY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$198.32||52-week high||$199.91|
|Prev. close||$199.53||52-week low||$143.58|
|Day high||$199.06||Avg. volume||858,836|
|50-day MA||$185.90||Dividend yield||1.8%|
|200-day MA||$176.73||Market Cap||40.85B|
Hershey Co. (HSY) Company Bio
Hershey Company sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings, sundae syrups, and beverages, snack items, including spreads, and gum and mint refreshment products comprising chewing gums and bubble gums. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
HSY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HSY Latest Social Stream
View Full HSY Social Stream
Latest HSY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hershey Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HSY as an investment opportunity.
Boston Beer (SAM) trims earnings view for 2021. Higher supply-chain expenses and reduced shipment volumes persist as headwinds.
Investment company First Citizens Financial Corp (Current Portfolio) buys PGIM Ultra Short Bond ETF, BTC BlackRock Short Maturity Bond ETF, Zoetis Inc, The Hershey Co, NVIDIA Corp, sells Goldman Sachs Group Inc, Costco Wholesale Corp, iShares S&P 500 Growth ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, First Citizens Financial Corp.
Shippensburg, PA, based Investment company Orrstown Financial Services Inc (Current Portfolio) buys iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF, Vanguard Small Cap ETF, iShares Russell 1000 ETF, iShares Russell Mid-Cap ETF, PayPal Holdings Inc, sells Orrstown Financial Services Inc, Automatic Data Processing Inc, Amdocs, Akamai Technologies Inc, Apple Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Orrstown Financial Services Inc.
Disruption can bring opportunity. President and CEO Michele Buck discusses what it takes for companies and leaders to be agile and successful in times of change.
Investment company Bridge Creek Capital Management LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Amazon.com Inc, Teleflex Inc, Walmart Inc, Tesla Inc, The Hershey Co, sells Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Sylvamo Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Bridge Creek Capital Management LLC.
HSY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|