Hershey Co. (HSY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HSY POWR Grades
- HSY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.5% of US stocks.
- HSY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- HSY ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
HSY Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $44,073,635,513, Hershey Co has a greater market value than 93.79% of US stocks.
- HSY's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 180.92 -- higher than 86.33% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- HSY's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Hershey Co are LULU, GIS, TT, PAYX, and ECL.
- HSY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hershey Co's official web site, go to www.thehersheycompany.com.
HSY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, HSY's price/sales ratio is 200% higher, now standing at 4.2.
- HSY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- HSY's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HSY.
HSY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 47.04%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.67%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 3.42%.
The table below shows HSY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HSY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HSY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.39% of graded US stocks.
- HSY's asset turnover comes in at 0.968 -- ranking 24th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- K, LNDC, and LANC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HSY.
The table below shows HSY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HSY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HSY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$221.00||52-week high||$231.60|
|Prev. close||$215.16||52-week low||$167.80|
|Day high||$221.16||Avg. volume||1,115,899|
|50-day MA||$216.56||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$199.05||Market Cap||335.81B|
Hershey Co. (HSY) Company Bio
Hershey Company sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings, sundae syrups, and beverages, snack items, including spreads, and gum and mint refreshment products comprising chewing gums and bubble gums. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
HSY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HSY Latest Social Stream
View Full HSY Social Stream
Latest HSY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hershey Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HSY as an investment opportunity.
In a presentation today at the 2022 Consumer Analyst Group of New York (CAGNY) conference, Michele G. Buck, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Steven E. Voskuil, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), will review the progress the company has made against its strategic plans and the company's 2022 imperatives to drive sustainable, profitable growth and long-term shareholder value.
Here is how Flowers Foods (FLO) and Hershey (HSY) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
We have narrowed our search to five consumer staples stocks with positive growth potential for 2022. These are: TSN, HSY, Ko, PPC and BF.B
The Hershey Company with ticker code (HSY) now have 18 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 227 and 194 calculating the average target price we see 210.11. With the stocks previous close at 202.88 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 3.6%. There is a 50 day moving average of 194.71 and the 200 day MA is 180.66. The market capitalisation for the company is $41,747m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: https://www.thehersheycompany.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="HSY" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The potential market cap would be $43,234m based on the market concensus. The Hershey Company, together with ...
Hershey (HSY) said it purchased 1M shares from Hershey Trust, as Trustee for the Milton Hershey School Trust, for ~$203M, or $203.35/share."Share buybacks are an important part of…
HSY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|