Hershey Co. (HSY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HSY POWR Grades
- HSY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.85% of US stocks.
- HSY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- HSY ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
HSY Stock Summary
- HSY has a higher market value than 92.71% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $36,534,873,954.
- Hershey Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.54% of US listed stocks.
- HSY's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Hershey Co are GIS, PPG, ROK, WBA, and AFL.
- Visit HSY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thehersheycompany.com.
HSY Valuation Summary
- HSY's EV/EBIT ratio is 22.2; this is 20.98% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- HSY's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, HSY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HSY.
HSY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 54.37%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 22.89%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 10.02%.
The table below shows HSY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HSY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HSY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$178.88||52-week high||$182.24|
|Prev. close||$178.52||52-week low||$134.00|
|Day high||$179.78||Avg. volume||941,703|
|50-day MA||$175.16||Dividend yield||1.8%|
|200-day MA||$158.46||Market Cap||37.03B|
Hershey Co. (HSY) Company Bio
Hershey Company sells chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings, sundae syrups, and beverages, snack items, including spreads, and gum and mint refreshment products comprising chewing gums and bubble gums. The company was founded in 1894 and is based in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
HSY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Hershey Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Hershey Co ranked in the 40th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Hershey Co, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 12.19; that's higher than 73.28% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- HSY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 33.64% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HSY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HSY Latest Social Stream
View Full HSY Social Stream
Latest HSY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hershey Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HSY as an investment opportunity.
Shares of global chocolate manufacturer Hershey Co. (HSY) gained nearly 1.2% to close at $178.52 on Thursday after the company reported excellent financial results for the second quarter ended July 4, driven by strong international and domestic demand. Apart from chocolates, the Pennsylvania-based company also offers baked products like cakes and cookies. (See Hershey stock chart on TipRanks) Adjusted earnings per share increased 12.2% year-over-year to $1.47, beating the Street’s estimate of $1.43. Quarterly net sales grew 16.5% to $1.99 billion, exceeding analysts’ expectations of $1.83 billion. Hershey's North America segment net sales rose 12.3% year-over-year to $1.78 billion, and net sales for Hershey's International and other segments climbed 70.
Image source: The Motley Fool. The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY)Q2 2021 Earnings CallJul 29, 2021, 8:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGreetings, and welcome to the Hershey Company Second Quarter 2021 question-and-answer session.
While reporting financial results for the second quarter on Thursday, Hershey Co. (HSY) raised its net sales growth guidance for the full-year 2021, while maintaining adjusted earnings forecast, reflecting the strength of its performance in the second quarter and the acquisition of Lily''s Sweet LLC.
WASHINGTON (dpa-AFX) - While reporting financial results for the second quarter on Thursday, Hershey Co. (HSY) raised its net sales growth guidance for the full-year 2021, while maintaining adjust
HSY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|