Hercules Capital, Inc. (HTGC): Price and Financial Metrics
HTGC Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HTGC is 0.22 -- better than just 18.73% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 8.64, Hercules Capital Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 8.96% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Hercules Capital Inc is higher than it is for about 96.34% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HTGC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RYN, TRN, CTT, SEM, and VNO.
- HTGC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hercules Capital Inc's official web site, go to www.htgc.com.
HTGC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HTGC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.00||52-week high||$17.17|
|Prev. close||$16.90||52-week low||$8.32|
|Day high||$17.17||Avg. volume||675,501|
|50-day MA||$16.05||Dividend yield||7.53%|
|200-day MA||$13.29||Market Cap||1.96B|
Hercules Capital, Inc. (HTGC) Company Bio
Hercules Technology Growth Capital, Inc. is a business development company specializing in providing venture debt, debt, senior secured loans, and growth capital to privately held venture capital-backed companies at all stages of development including select publicly listed companies and select special opportunity lower middle market companies that require additional capital to fund acquisitions, recapitalizations and re-financings and established-stage companies. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Palo Alto, California.
HTGC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HTGC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Hercules Capital Inc ranked in the 97th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 5615.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Hercules Capital Inc, consider:
- In the past 3.56 years, Hercules Capital Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 1.29%; that's higher than 94.44% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- 60% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 24.79% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Hercules Capital Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 3.38% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HTGC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HTGC Latest Social Stream
View Full HTGC Social Stream
Latest HTGC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hercules Capital Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HTGC as an investment opportunity.
Hercules Capital Announces Date for Release of First Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Conference Call
Hercules Capital, Inc. (NYSE: HTGC) ("Hercules" or the "Company"), the largest and leading specialty financing provider to innovative venture, growth and established stage companies backed by some of the leading and top-tier venture capital and select private equity firms, today announced that it has scheduled its first quarter 2021 financial results conference call for Thursday, April 29, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. PT (5:00 p.m. ET). Hercules will release its financial results after market close that same day.
Photo by putilich/iStock via Getty Images What originally attracted me: I was looking for a way to find some exposure to tech IPOs in January 2020 that was less volatile or overpriced than the frothy offerings that have been the norm in recent memory. Hercules Capital's (HTGC) structure as a...
Hercules Tech (HTGC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Hercules Capital, Inc. (NYSE: HTGC) ("Hercules" or the "Company") today announced that Hercules Adviser LLC ("Hercules Adviser"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hercules Capital, has successfully closed its inaugural institutional private credit fund.
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AVEO Oncology (Nasdaq: AVEO) today announced that it has completed a drawdown of $20 million under its previously announced $45 million loan and security agreement with Hercules Capital, Inc. (NYSE: HTGC, “Hercules”) and its affiliates. This second tranche was made available in connection with the recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of FOTIVDA® (tivozanib). “With the additional $20 million now available to us from Hercules, AVEO is well positioned to
HTGC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HTGCWant to do more research on Hercules Capital Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!