Hercules Capital, Inc. (HTGC): Price and Financial Metrics
HTGC Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HTGC is 0.22 -- better than merely 18.83% of US stocks.
- HTGC's current price/earnings ratio is 8.27, which is higher than just 8.33% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Hercules Capital Inc is higher than it is for about 96.33% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HTGC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TRN, RYN, SEM, VNO, and CF.
- Visit HTGC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.htgc.com.
HTGC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HTGC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.42||52-week high||$16.64|
|Prev. close||$15.41||52-week low||$5.42|
|Day high||$15.50||Avg. volume||690,426|
|50-day MA||$15.19||Dividend yield||8.31%|
|200-day MA||$12.54||Market Cap||1.78B|
Hercules Capital, Inc. (HTGC) Company Bio
Hercules Technology Growth Capital, Inc. is a business development company specializing in providing venture debt, debt, senior secured loans, and growth capital to privately held venture capital-backed companies at all stages of development including select publicly listed companies and select special opportunity lower middle market companies that require additional capital to fund acquisitions, recapitalizations and re-financings and established-stage companies. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Palo Alto, California.
HTGC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Hercules Capital Inc. To summarize, we found that Hercules Capital Inc ranked in the 97th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 6518.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HTGC, they are:
- 58% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 24.18% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Hercules Capital Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 3.33% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Hercules Capital Inc experienced a tax rate of about 1% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than just 24.18% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HTGC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HTGC Latest Social Stream
View Full HTGC Social Stream
Latest HTGC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hercules Capital Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HTGC as an investment opportunity.
The investment mantra of "being greedy when others are fearful" certainly applied to Hercules Capital (HTGC), for much of last year, when its shares were down in the dumps. This is demonstrated by the 48% rise in share price (not including dividends) since I first visited the stock back in...
Hercules Capital Completes Investment Grade Bond Offering of $50.0 Million of 4.55% Notes due March 2026
Hercules Capital, Inc. (NYSE: HTGC) ("Hercules" or the "Company") today announced the completed issuance of a private offering in aggregate principal amount of $50.0 million 4.55% Notes due March 2026 (the "March B Notes"). On November 4, 2020, the Company completed the initial issuance of $50.0 million 4.50% Notes due March 4, 2026, which were initially assigned a BBB+ rating by Kroll Bond Rating Agency.
PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hercules Capital, Inc. (NYSE: HTGC) (“Hercules” or the “Company”), the largest and leading specialty financing provider to innovative venture, growth and established stage companies backed by some of the leading and top-tier venture capital and select private equity firms, today announced that members of the executive management team will be virtually participating at the following event for the financial community: 2021 RBC Capital Markets Global Financial C
Hercules Capital, Inc. (HTGC) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 23, 2021 5:00 p.m. ET Company Participants Michael Hara - IR and Corporate Communications Scott Bluestein - CEO and Chief Investment Officer Seth Meyer - CFO Conference Call Participants Crispin Love - Piper Sandler Devin Ryan - JMP Securities Christopher...
Hercules Capital reported better-than-expected 4Q results driven by a rise in new debt and equity commitments. Shares of the specialty finance company rose 1.1% in pre-market trading. Hercules Capital’s (HTGC) 4Q net investment income surged 5.1% to $0.37 per share on a year-over-year basis and beat the Street estimates of $0.33 per share. Total investment income increased 6.7% to $75.3 million and surpassed the consensus estimate of $70.6 million. The company’s new debt and equity commitments came in at $150.8 million in the quarter. Early loan repayments totaled $282.3 million, with the net asset value landing at $11.26 per share.
HTGC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HTGCWant to do more research on Hercules Capital Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!