Heartland Express, Inc. (HTLD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HTLD POWR Grades
- HTLD scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 77.05% of US stocks.
- HTLD's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- HTLD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
HTLD Stock Summary
- HTLD's went public 32.55 years ago, making it older than 85.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 2.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC's share price is greater than that of only 9.78% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CNNE, SGU, GL, CNA, and FRFHF.
- HTLD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC's official web site, go to www.heartlandexpress.com.
HTLD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, HTLD's price/earnings ratio is 51.06% lower, now standing at 8.1.
- Over the past 243 months, HTLD's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HTLD.
HTLD Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 191.49%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -26.17%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -3.29%.
The table below shows HTLD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HTLD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HTLD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.98% of graded US stocks.
- HTLD's asset turnover comes in at 0.645 -- ranking 38th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- DAC, KNOP, and HUBG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HTLD.
The table below shows HTLD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HTLD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HTLD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.72||52-week high||$17.88|
|Prev. close||$14.65||52-week low||$12.78|
|Day high||$15.08||Avg. volume||283,881|
|50-day MA||$15.23||Dividend yield||0.55%|
|200-day MA||$14.67||Market Cap||1.16B|
Heartland Express, Inc. (HTLD) Company Bio
Heartland Express operates as a short-to-medium haul truckload carrier of general commodities in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in North Liberty, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
HTLD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HTLD Latest Social Stream
View Full HTLD Social Stream
Latest HTLD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HEARTLAND EXPRESS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HTLD as an investment opportunity.
As the stock market correction deepens, trucking stocks like Covenant, Marten, Heartland Express and Knight-Swift are holding up well.
Heartland Express (NASDAQ:HTLD) investors are sitting on a loss of 38% if they invested five years ago
Ideally, your overall portfolio should beat the market average. But in any portfolio, there will be mixed results...
NORTH LIBERTY, Iowa, Sept. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Heartland Express, Inc. (Nasdaq: HTLD) announced today the declaration of a regular quarterly cash dividend. The $0.02 per share dividend will be paid on October 7, 2022, to shareholders of record at the close of business on September 27, 2022. We currently estimate that a total of approximately $1.6 million will be paid on the Company's 79.0 million shares of common stock. This is the Company's seventy-seventh con
With the Zacks Transportation Sector carrying such a favorable rank, let's look at three highly-ranked stocks in the realm.
The heavy selling pressure might have exhausted for Heartland Express (HTLD) as it is technically in oversold territory now. In addition to this technical measure, strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher indicates that the stock is ripe for a trend reversal.
HTLD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|