Heartland Express, Inc. (HTLD): Price and Financial Metrics
HTLD Stock Summary
- Heartland Express Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 83.81% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Heartland Express Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 2.53% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For HTLD, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 17.01% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HTLD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ATTO, SD, QEP, HESM, and NOMD.
- HTLD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Heartland Express Inc's official web site, go to www.heartlandexpress.com.
HTLD Stock Price Chart More Charts
HTLD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.97||52-week high||$22.71|
|Prev. close||$20.08||52-week low||$17.29|
|Day high||$20.13||Avg. volume||255,543|
|50-day MA||$20.29||Dividend yield||0.4%|
|200-day MA||$20.23||Market Cap||1.64B|
Heartland Express, Inc. (HTLD) Company Bio
Heartland Express operates as a short-to-medium haul truckload carrier of general commodities in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in North Liberty, Iowa.
HTLD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Heartland Express Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Heartland Express Inc ranked in the 39st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 44.83%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Heartland Express Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 244.36 -- which is good for besting 98.17% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately merely 12.74% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- HTLD's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 56.25% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|