Humana Inc. (HUM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HUM POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where HUM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.27% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HUM is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- HUM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 35.64% of US stocks).
HUM Stock Summary
- HUM has a higher market value than 96.86% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $61,078,611,266.
- HUMANA INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.98% of US listed stocks.
- HUM's went public 36.76 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HUMANA INC, a group of peers worth examining would be TGT, DG, BKNG, TJX, and INFY.
- Visit HUM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.humana.com.
HUM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, HUM's price/earnings ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 19.6.
- Over the past 243 months, HUM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HUM.
HUM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 138.5%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 9.48%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -10.56%.
The table below shows HUM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HUM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HUM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.69% of graded US stocks.
- HUM's asset turnover comes in at 2.082 -- ranking 3rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KFS, KMPR, and HIG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HUM.
The table below shows HUM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$485.19||52-week high||$514.98|
|Prev. close||$491.06||52-week low||$351.20|
|Day high||$500.04||Avg. volume||1,031,512|
|50-day MA||$487.78||Dividend yield||0.65%|
|200-day MA||$450.87||Market Cap||61.40B|
Humana Inc. (HUM) Company Bio
Humana Inc. is a for-profit American health insurance company based in Louisville, Kentucky. In 2021, the company ranked 41 on the Fortune 500 list, which made it the highest ranked (by revenues) company based in Kentucky. It has been the third largest health insurance in the nation. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HUM Latest Social Stream
View Full HUM Social Stream
Latest HUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HUMANA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HUM as an investment opportunity.
Humana Receives High Rankings in the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility’s Corporate Inclusion Index
LOUISVILLE, Ky., September 29, 2022--Humana receives high rankings in the Hispanic Association on corporate responsibility’s corporate inclusion index
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) has mergers and acquisitions on its mind. Earlier this month, it announced plans to acquire home health company Signify Health for $8 billion, beating out other bids from Amazon and UnitedHealth Group. On a recent earnings call, management at CVS also hinted that it was looking for a deal in primary care to expand its services further.
Their yields aren't high, but these companies have been aggressively raising their dividend payments in recent years.
Here is how Assertio (ASRT) and Humana (HUM) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Does the September share price for Humana Inc. ( NYSE:HUM ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will estimate the...
HUM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|