Humana Inc. (HUM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HUM POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where HUM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HUM is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- HUM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 41.6% of US stocks).
HUM Stock Summary
- HUM has a market capitalization of $56,646,140,938 -- more than approximately 95.43% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HUM is 5.42 -- better than 93.29% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Humana Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 7.17% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Humana Inc are SNP, PGR, JCI, DG, and BIIB.
- Visit HUM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.humana.com.
HUM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, HUM's price/earnings ratio is 52.06% lower, now standing at 16.3.
- Over the past 243 months, HUM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.5.
- HUM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HUM.
HUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$425.49||52-week high||$475.44|
|Prev. close||$429.58||52-week low||$370.22|
|Day high||$429.75||Avg. volume||944,967|
|50-day MA||$442.11||Dividend yield||0.66%|
|200-day MA||$421.28||Market Cap||54.68B|
Humana Inc. (HUM) Company Bio
Humana Inc. is a for-profit American health insurance company based in Louisville, Kentucky. In 2021, the company ranked 41 on the Fortune 500 list, which made it the highest ranked (by revenues) company based in Kentucky. It has been the third largest health insurance in the nation. (Source:Wikipedia)
HUM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HUM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Humana Inc ranked in the 89th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 929%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HUM, they are:
- In the past 5.75 years, Humana Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.93%; that's better than 84.46% of cash flow producing equities in the Healthcare sector, where it is classified.
- HUM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 32.55% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HUM Latest Social Stream
View Full HUM Social Stream
Latest HUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Humana Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HUM as an investment opportunity.
LOUISVILLE, Ky., August 02, 2021--Leading health and well-being company Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today that it is promoting health care industry veteran Sue Schick to President of the company’s Group, Military and Specialty businesses, effective September 1, 2021. Schick came to Humana at the beginning of 2020 to join the segment’s leadership team, with oversight of employer group sales and market operations.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 29, 2021-- Humana Inc. (the company) (NYSE: HUM) announced today that it has priced a public offering of $3.0 billion in senior notes. These senior notes are comprised of $1,500 million of the companys 0.650 percent senior notes, due 2023 (the 2023
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) Q2 2021 earnings call dated Jul. 28, 2021 Presentation: Operator Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by, and welcome to Humana Second Quarter 2021 Earnings  The post Humana Inc. (HUM) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript first appeared on AlphaStreet .
WASHINGTON (dpa-AFX) - While reporting financial results for the second quarter on Wednesday, health insurer Humana Inc. (HUM) maintained its adjusted earnings guidance for the full-year 2021.For
Humana Reports Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results; Maintains Full Year 2021 Adjusted EPS Financial Guidance
Reports 2Q21 earnings per diluted common share of $4.55 on a GAAP basis, $6.89 on an Adjusted basis; reports YTD 2021 EPS of $10.94 on a GAAP basis, $14.56 on an Adjusted basis Updates FY 2021 EPS guidance to a range of $24.97 to $25.47 on a GAAP basis, maintains $21.25 to $21.75 on Adjusted basis;
HUM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|