Humana Inc. (HUM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HUM POWR Grades
- HUM scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 88.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HUM is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- HUM's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 38.1% of US stocks).
HUM Stock Summary
- HUM has a market capitalization of $55,585,818,281 -- more than approximately 95.02% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HUM is 5.17 -- better than 92.51% of US stocks.
- Humana Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Humana Inc are COF, DG, JCI, ECL, and CNC.
- Visit HUM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.humana.com.
HUM Valuation Summary
- HUM's EV/EBIT ratio is 16.2; this is 44.71% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- HUM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, HUM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HUM.
HUM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.74%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 16.5%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 142.04%.
The table below shows HUM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HUM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HUM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.69% of graded US stocks.
- HUM's asset turnover comes in at 2.082 -- ranking 3rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KFS, KMPR, and HIG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HUM.
The table below shows HUM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$461.21||52-week high||$472.68|
|Prev. close||$452.22||52-week low||$351.20|
|Day high||$461.87||Avg. volume||1,184,046|
|50-day MA||$442.33||Dividend yield||0.68%|
|200-day MA||$429.09||Market Cap||58.34B|
Humana Inc. (HUM) Company Bio
Humana Inc. is a for-profit American health insurance company based in Louisville, Kentucky. In 2021, the company ranked 41 on the Fortune 500 list, which made it the highest ranked (by revenues) company based in Kentucky. It has been the third largest health insurance in the nation. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HUM Latest Social Stream
View Full HUM Social Stream
Latest HUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Humana Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HUM as an investment opportunity.
The market is terrified right now. Daily Shot In fact, even before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, investor sentiment was lower than it was in the pandemic. And now? Well, the market is acting as if the world is ending, and that's just not true. This creates the opportunity to...
No summary available.
The company has agreed to add two independent directors from a New York City financial advisory firm, among other changes.
Humana (HUM) is an American health insurance service provider. Through its retail segment, the company provides services under the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Its group and specialty segments target employers and military services. For Q4 2021, Humana’s revenue rose to $21.1 billion from $19.1 billion in the same quarter the previous year but slightly missed the consensus estimate of $21.2 billion. It posted adjusted EPS of $1.24, which improved from a loss per share of $2.30 in the same quarter last year and beat the consensus estimate of $1.15. Humana plans to distribute a quarterly cash dividend of $0.
Humana is adding two more independent directors to its board under an agreement with activist hedge fund Starboard Value
HUM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|