Humana Inc. (HUM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HUM POWR Grades
- HUM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.82% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HUM is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- HUM ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 49th percentile.
HUM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $63,219,134,796, HUMANA INC has a greater market value than 96.41% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HUM is 5.63 -- better than 92.37% of US stocks.
- HUMANA INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.53% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HUMANA INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ITW, NOC, RELX, EMR, and DG.
- HUM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HUMANA INC's official web site, go to www.humana.com.
HUM Valuation Summary
- HUM's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 65.85% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- HUM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HUM.
HUM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 1.08%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 72.64%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 27.54%.
The table below shows HUM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HUM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HUM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.69% of graded US stocks.
- HUM's asset turnover comes in at 2.082 -- ranking 3rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KFS, KMPR, and HIG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HUM.
The table below shows HUM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$481.69||52-week high||$571.30|
|Prev. close||$499.36||52-week low||$378.91|
|Day high||$498.30||Avg. volume||1,037,050|
|50-day MA||$513.85||Dividend yield||0.65%|
|200-day MA||$487.75||Market Cap||60.98B|
Humana Inc. (HUM) Company Bio
Humana Inc. is a for-profit American health insurance company based in Louisville, Kentucky. In 2021, the company ranked 41 on the Fortune 500 list, which made it the highest ranked (by revenues) company based in Kentucky. It has been the third largest health insurance in the nation. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HUM Latest Social Stream
View Full HUM Social Stream
Latest HUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HUMANA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HUM as an investment opportunity.
Humana has outperformed the S&P 500 by nearly 400% over 10 years. A new military contract could be worth $70.85 over 9 years. Read more on HUM here.
She is the first woman to hold this role in its 26-year history and succeeds Brent Densford, who is retiring from Humana after more than 32 years, according to a news release.
Humana (HUM) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
CenterWell Senior Primary Care to Bring Its Personalized Primary Care to DFW, Opening 10 Centers Across Metroplex in 2023
DALLAS, January 25, 2023--CenterWell Senior Primary Care to bring its personalized primary care to Dallas-Fort Worth, opening 10 centers across the metroplex in 2023.
LOUISVILLE, Ky., January 24, 2023--Humana Military, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), announced today that it has appointed healthcare industry veteran Karen Moran to Senior Vice President, President of Humana Military, effective January 1, 2023. She is the first woman to hold this role in its 26-year history and succeeds Brent Densford who is retiring from Humana after more than 32 years.
HUM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|