Hancock Whitney Corporation (HWC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HWC POWR Grades
- HWC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 80.45% of US stocks.
- HWC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- HWC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 23.74% of US stocks).
HWC Stock Summary
- HANCOCK WHITNEY CORP's stock had its IPO on June 4, 1991, making it an older stock than 85.24% of US equities in our set.
- HWC's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 91.44% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HWC is more volatile than just 11.95% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HANCOCK WHITNEY CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be PWOD, HBCP, VLY, DCOM, and SBSI.
- Visit HWC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hancockwhitney.com.
HWC Valuation Summary
- HWC's price/earnings ratio is 8.2; this is 28.07% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- HWC's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HWC.
HWC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -29.46%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 43.98%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 249.55%.
The table below shows HWC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HWC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HWC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35% of graded US stocks.
- HWC's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 237th of 430 Banking stocks.
- CFG, WSBC, and PNFP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HWC.
The table below shows HWC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HWC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HWC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.18||52-week high||$57.00|
|Prev. close||$50.01||52-week low||$41.62|
|Day high||$50.47||Avg. volume||517,122|
|50-day MA||$50.54||Dividend yield||2.16%|
|200-day MA||$49.10||Market Cap||4.30B|
Hancock Whitney Corporation (HWC) Company Bio
Hancock Whitney Corporation (formerly Hancock Holding Company) provides a range of community banking services to commercial, small business, and retail customers in the states of Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, and Alabama. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Gulfport, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
HWC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HWC Latest Social Stream
View Full HWC Social Stream
Latest HWC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HANCOCK WHITNEY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HWC as an investment opportunity.
Gulfport-based Hancock Whitney (HWC) has been a little frustrating here of late, as the shares have started lagging some of its regional banking peers. While I can understand some concern over peaking net interest margin and more caution from management on lending, I think it’s well worth remembering that this bank is poised for double-digit pre-provision profit growth in 2023 at a time when many banks may well struggle to get into the high single-digits.
While pre-provision profit growth should remain robust, I think the Street is concerned about the impact higher credit provisioning will have on bottom-line earning...
In this article, we discuss 11 most undervalued bank stocks to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Most Undervalued Bank Stocks To Buy According To Hedge Funds. The global economy is facing many challenges in 2023, including geopolitical tensions, supply chain disruptions, rising […]
Hancock Whitney Corporation (NASDAQ:HWC) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 17, 2023 Operator: Good day, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Hancock Whitney Corporation’s Fourth Quarter 2022 Earnings Conference Call. At this time all participants are in a listen-only mode. Later, we will conduct a question-and-answer session, and instructions will follow at that time. As […]
Hancock Whitney ( NASDAQ:HWC ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$1.41b (up 2.8% from FY 2021...
HWC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|