Hancock Whitney Corporation (HWC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HWC POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where HWC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.45% of US stocks.
- HWC's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- HWC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
HWC Stock Summary
- HWC's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 91.25% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Hancock Whitney Corp is reporting a growth rate of -525.78%; that's higher than just 3.89% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Hancock Whitney Corp comes in at 96.31%, a number that bests 92.7% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hancock Whitney Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be MRLN, STFC, PDLB, UVE, and RL.
- Visit HWC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hancockwhitney.com.
HWC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, HWC's EV/EBIT ratio is 19.77% lower, now standing at 6.9.
- Over the past 243 months, HWC's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- HWC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HWC.
HWC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 50.66%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -16.51%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 21.67%.
The table below shows HWC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HWC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HWC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35% of graded US stocks.
- HWC's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 237th of 430 Banking stocks.
- CFG, WSBC, and PNFP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HWC.
The table below shows HWC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HWC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HWC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.92||52-week high||$53.61|
|Prev. close||$49.32||52-week low||$28.00|
|Day high||$49.26||Avg. volume||397,631|
|50-day MA||$49.68||Dividend yield||2.19%|
|200-day MA||$45.82||Market Cap||4.16B|
Hancock Whitney Corporation (HWC) Company Bio
Hancock Whitney Corporation (formerly Hancock Holding Company) provides a range of community banking services to commercial, small business, and retail customers in the states of Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, and Alabama. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Gulfport, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
HWC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HWC Latest Social Stream
View Full HWC Social Stream
Latest HWC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hancock Whitney Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HWC as an investment opportunity.
State Street (NYSE:STT) and Hancock Whitney (NASDAQ:HWC) are both finance companies, but which is the superior stock? We will compare the two businesses based on the strength of their profitability, institutional ownership, risk, valuation, analyst recommendations, dividends and earnings. Institutional and Insider Ownership 84.1% of State Street shares are held by institutional investors. Comparatively, 76.8% 
Hancock Whitney (HWC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Hancock Whitney (HWC) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Cubist Systematic Strategies LLC purchased a new position in shares of Hancock Whitney Co. (NASDAQ:HWC) during the second quarter, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The institutional investor purchased 36,580 shares of the companys stock, valued at approximately $1,626,000. A number of other large investors have also modified 
Select Bancorp (NASDAQ:SLCT) and Hancock Whitney (NASDAQ:HWC) are both finance companies, but which is the better stock? We will contrast the two companies based on the strength of their earnings, institutional ownership, profitability, analyst recommendations, risk, valuation and dividends. Insider and Institutional Ownership 39.0% of Select Bancorp shares are owned by institutional investors. Comparatively, 76.8% 
HWC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|