Hancock Whitney Corporation (HWC): Price and Financial Metrics
HWC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.79||52-week high||$57.00|
|Prev. close||$38.93||52-week low||$31.02|
|Day high||$42.34||Avg. volume||620,228|
|50-day MA||$36.13||Dividend yield||3.14%|
|200-day MA||$46.21||Market Cap||3.60B|
HWC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HWC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where HWC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 56.47% of US stocks.
- HWC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- HWC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
HWC Stock Summary
- HWC's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 91.18% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 95.93%, HANCOCK WHITNEY CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 87.93% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for HWC comes in at -55.43% -- higher than that of only 9.77% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HWC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BY, IROQ, CZWI, FBIZ, and FNWB.
- HWC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HANCOCK WHITNEY CORP's official web site, go to www.hancockwhitney.com.
HWC Valuation Summary
- HWC's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 133.33% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- HWC's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HWC.
HWC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1.66%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -29.46%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -29.46%.
The table below shows HWC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HWC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HWC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35% of graded US stocks.
- HWC's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 237th of 430 Banking stocks.
- CFG, WSBC, and PNFP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HWC.
The table below shows HWC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HWC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of HWC, see our HWC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$51.39||Average Broker Recommendation||1.44 (Moderate Buy)|
Hancock Whitney Corporation (HWC) Company Bio
Hancock Whitney Corporation (formerly Hancock Holding Company) provides a range of community banking services to commercial, small business, and retail customers in the states of Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, and Alabama. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Gulfport, Mississippi.
HWC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HWC Latest Social Stream
View Full HWC Social Stream
Latest HWC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HANCOCK WHITNEY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HWC as an investment opportunity.
Hancock Whitney (NASDAQ:HWC) Is Increasing Its Dividend To $0.30
Hancock Whitney Corporation's ( NASDAQ:HWC ) dividend will be increasing from last year's payment of the same period to...
Hancock Whitney Corporation Announces Quarterly Dividend
GULFPORT, Miss., April 27, 2023--Hancock Whitney Corporation Announces Quarterly Dividend
Hancock Whitney Corporation (NASDAQ:HWC) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
Hancock Whitney Corporation (NASDAQ:HWC) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript April 18, 2023 Hancock Whitney Corporation beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $1.45, expectations were $1.43. Operator Good day ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Hancock Whitney Corporation’s First Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. Later, we […]
The Era of Easy Deposits Is Over for Main Street Banks
Smaller lenders like Citizens Financial and Hancock Whitney are paying more to keep depositors around.
Hancock Whitney (HWC) Q1 Earnings Meet, Revenues Rise Y/Y
Hancock Whitney (HWC) records a rise in revenues and higher expenses in the first quarter of 2023.
HWC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HWCWant to see what other sources are saying about Hancock Whitney Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Hancock Whitney Corp (HWC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hancock Whitney Corp (HWC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hancock Whitney Corp (HWC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...