Hawkins, Inc. (HWKN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HWKN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where HWKN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HWKN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 51 weeks.
- HWKN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 47th percentile.
HWKN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Hawkins Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 44.08%, Hawkins Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 85.14% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HWKN is more volatile than 85.33% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hawkins Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be WDFC, HCSG, SXI, ROCK, and TRNS.
- Visit HWKN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hawkinsinc.com.
HWKN Valuation Summary
- HWKN's price/earnings ratio is 17; this is 14.57% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- HWKN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, HWKN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HWKN.
HWKN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 62.12%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 115.37%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -78.63%.
The table below shows HWKN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HWKN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HWKN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.69% of graded US stocks.
- HWKN's asset turnover comes in at 1.398 -- ranking 56th of 104 Wholesale stocks.
- WSTG, CENT, and GMS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HWKN.
The table below shows HWKN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HWKN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HWKN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.36||52-week high||$39.73|
|Prev. close||$37.98||52-week low||$22.75|
|Day high||$38.86||Avg. volume||61,117|
|50-day MA||$36.23||Dividend yield||1.36%|
|200-day MA||$33.06||Market Cap||813.69M|
Hawkins, Inc. (HWKN) Company Bio
Hawkins, Inc. blends, manufactures, and distributes various chemical products. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Water Treatment. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Roseville, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
HWKN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HWKN Latest Social Stream
View Full HWKN Social Stream
Latest HWKN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hawkins Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HWKN as an investment opportunity.
Hawkins (HWKN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
ROSEVILLE, Minn., Oct. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hawkins, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWKN) announced today that it expects to release its financial results for its second quarter ended September 26, 2021 after the market closes on October 27, 2021 at approximately 4:10 p.m. Eastern Time. About Hawkins, Inc. Hawkins, Inc. was founded in 1938 and is a leading specialty chemical and ingredients company that formulates, distributes, blends and manufactures products for its Industrial, Water Treatment, and Hea
sir_ian_taylor_08092021.jpg Sir Ian Taylor. PHOTO: STEPHEN JAQUIERY Dunedin businessman Sir Ian Taylor wants some answers from the Mayor of Dunedin, Aaron Hawkins, following the fallout of the Dunedin City Councils decision not to fund the NZ Sports Hall of Fame.
Hedge funds and large money managers usually invest with a focus on the long-term horizon and, therefore, short-lived dips or bumps on the charts usually don’t make them change their opinion towards a company. This time it may be different. The coronavirus pandemic destroyed the high correlations among major industries and asset classes. We are […]
How far off is Hawkins, Inc. ( NASDAQ:HWKN ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data, we'll take...
HWKN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|