Hawkins, Inc. (HWKN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HWKN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where HWKN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.51% of US stocks.
- HWKN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- HWKN's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 62.06% of US stocks).
HWKN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Hawkins Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 60.64%, Hawkins Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 87.52% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Hawkins Inc's share price is greater than that of 82.06% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Hawkins Inc are SCL, LGIH, CTS, LNN, and KE.
- Visit HWKN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hawkinsinc.com.
HWKN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, HWKN's price/earnings ratio is 30.13% lower, now standing at 16.
- Over the past 243 months, HWKN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- HWKN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 4.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HWKN.
HWKN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.15%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -54.04%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -8.7%.
The table below shows HWKN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HWKN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HWKN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.31||52-week high||$39.73|
|Prev. close||$32.31||52-week low||$22.07|
|Day high||$36.31||Avg. volume||66,057|
|50-day MA||$32.44||Dividend yield||1.35%|
|200-day MA||$30.24||Market Cap||772.89M|
Hawkins, Inc. (HWKN) Company Bio
Hawkins, Inc. blends, manufactures, and distributes various chemical products. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Water Treatment. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Roseville, Minnesota.
HWKN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HWKN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Hawkins Inc ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HWKN, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 32.25; that's higher than 88.16% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- HWKN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 29.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HWKN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HWKN Latest Social Stream
View Full HWKN Social Stream
Latest HWKN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hawkins Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HWKN as an investment opportunity.
Hawkins (HWKN) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 12.86% and 1.38%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MINNEAPOLIS, July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hawkins, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWKN) today announced results for the three months ended June 27, 2021, its first quarter of fiscal 2022. Highlights include: Record quarterly sales of $181.2 million, a 27% year-over-year increase, with all three segments growing more than 20%, driven largely by year-over-year volume increases.Record quarterly gross profit of $39.0 million, a 26% increase over the prior year, contributing to record operating income of $22.1 m
Roseville, Minn., July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Hawkins, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWKN), at its meeting on July 29, 2021, increased the quarterly cash dividend by 6% to $0.13 per share payable August 27, 2021, to shareholders of record at the close of business on August 13, 2021. With this increase, the dividend has been increased by 12% in the current year. Hawkins has consistently paid out a dividend since 1985. About Hawkins, Inc. Hawkins, Inc. was founded in 1938 and is a
Roseville, Minn., July 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hawkins, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWKN), a leading specialty chemical company, today announced that it will participate in Seaport’s 10th Annual Summer Investor Conference to be held August 24th and 25th. Hawkins will join nearly 60 other public companies in this virtual conference which will include over 200 institutional buy-side investors. The conference, hosted by Seaport Research Partners, will feature one-on-one and small group meetings. For more in
Hawkins (HWKN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
HWKN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|