Hawkins, Inc. (HWKN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HWKN POWR Grades
- HWKN scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 90.28% of US stocks.
- HWKN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 199 days.
- HWKN's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 59.31% of US stocks).
HWKN Stock Summary
- Hawkins Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 77.38% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Hawkins Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 34.78%, Hawkins Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 80.41% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hawkins Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CTS, SCL, LMAT, APEI, and IIIN.
- HWKN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hawkins Inc's official web site, go to www.hawkinsinc.com.
HWKN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HWKN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.18||52-week high||$39.73|
|Prev. close||$34.00||52-week low||$16.07|
|Day high||$34.25||Avg. volume||72,581|
|50-day MA||$33.79||Dividend yield||1.43%|
|200-day MA||$28.01||Market Cap||725.37M|
Hawkins, Inc. (HWKN) Company Bio
Hawkins, Inc. blends, manufactures, and distributes various chemical products. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Water Treatment. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Roseville, Minnesota.
HWKN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Hawkins Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Hawkins Inc ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HWKN, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 32.25 -- which is good for besting 88.78% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- HWKN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 26.97% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HWKN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HWKN Latest Social Stream
View Full HWKN Social Stream
Latest HWKN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hawkins Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HWKN as an investment opportunity.
Roseville, MN, April 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hawkins, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWKN), company, announced today that it has been certified as a Great Place to Work™. Great Place to Work® is an independent research and consulting firm, and its certification process considers more than 60 elements of overall job experience. 81% of Hawkins employees said Hawkins is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. 92% also said our customers would rate the service we deliver as “excellent” and 89% are proud to tell others they work for the company. “We are proud of this recognition and very thankful for our dedicated employees across the country,” said Patrick Hawkins, Chief Executive Officer and President. “As a company, we have always made it a priority to tak...
Roseville, MN, April 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hawkins, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWKN), a leading specialty chemical company, today announced that it will participate in the 2021 Virtual Wells Fargo Industrials Conference to be held May 5 and 6. Hawkins will join nearly 50 other companies in this virtual conference. The conference will consist of 30-minute fireside chats, topical panels, and one-on-one meetings with senior executives from leading machinery, aerospace & defense, electrical and industrial products, chemicals and automotive & mobility companies. Hawkins management will also be available for one-on-one meetings throughout the conference. For more information about the conference or to schedule a one-on-one meeting with management, please contact your Wells Fargo representative or i...
Are Strong Financial Prospects The Force That Is Driving The Momentum In Hawkins, Inc.'s NASDAQ:HWKN) Stock?
Hawkins' (NASDAQ:HWKN) stock is up by a considerable 30% over the past three months. Given the company's impressive...
The global specialty chemicals industry seems poised to rebound on the gradual resumption of economic activities worldwide, making it prudent to invest in names like Kraton (KRA) and Hawkins (HWKN)
Westlake Chemical is IBD Stock Of The Day, as the polymer and plastics maker surges amid an upswing in chemical production.
HWKN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|