Howmet Aerospace Inc. (HWM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HWM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.50||52-week high||$45.70|
|Prev. close||$43.26||52-week low||$29.84|
|Day high||$43.72||Avg. volume||2,911,469|
|50-day MA||$42.95||Dividend yield||0.37%|
|200-day MA||$39.04||Market Cap||17.98B|
HWM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HWM POWR Grades
- HWM scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 89.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HWM is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- HWM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
HWM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $17,870,704,267, HOWMET AEROSPACE INC has a greater market value than 89.28% of US stocks.
- HWM's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for HOWMET AEROSPACE INC is higher than it is for about 85.12% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HOWMET AEROSPACE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ARMK, CF, EHC, MMP, and VAL.
- HWM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HOWMET AEROSPACE INC's official web site, go to www.howmet.com.
HWM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, HWM's price/sales ratio is 63.16% higher, now standing at 3.1.
- Over the past 243 months, HWM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HWM.
HWM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 30.28%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -58%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -79.93%.
The table below shows HWM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HWM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HWM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.25% of graded US stocks.
- HWM's asset turnover comes in at 0.433 -- ranking 37th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- AQMS, HAYN, and FRD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HWM.
The table below shows HWM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HWM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of HWM, see our HWM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$39.13||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (HWM) Company Bio
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (formerly Arconic Inc.) is an American aerospace company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The company manufactures components for jet engines, fasteners and titanium structures for aerospace applications, and forged aluminum wheels for heavy trucks. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HWM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HWM Latest Social Stream
View Full HWM Social Stream
Latest HWM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HOWMET AEROSPACE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HWM as an investment opportunity.
4 big deal reports: More tremors across regional banks
Here is your Pro Recap of the biggest head-turning deal dispatches you may have missed this week: more market-moving headlines in regional banks Western Alliance and PacWest; JPMorgan officially picks up First Republic; First Horizon and TD Bank drop their planned merger; and Arconic gets taken out by Apollo. The regional bank shares experienced turbulence this week.
Why Arconic Stock Zoomed This Week
Shares of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) rocketed this week and were trading up 16.9% for the week as of 9:40 a.m. ET Friday, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. The aluminum company, which primarily serves the aerospace and automotive industries, just announced its quarterly numbers, but that has nothing to do with the stock's meteoric rise. The reason behind Arconic's jump is much bigger, and it will affect every investor in the company.
Howmet Aerospace to Host Virtual Webcast of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
PITTSBURGH, May 04, 2023--Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE:HWM) will host its 2023 Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. The annual meeting will be held in a virtual format only, via webcast at http://www.virtualshareholdermeeting.com/HWM2023. A replay of the webcast will be available on the company website from 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, May 18, 2023, until March 1, 2024.
Arconic taken private by Apollo Global in $5.2 billion deal
Aluminum maker Arconic is being taken private by Apollo Global Management in a deal worth approximately $5.2 billion. Arconic is the company once known as Alcoa. Alcoa Inc. spun off its alumina and bauxite operations in 2016 into a company called Alcoa Corp., while Arconic became the company that produces rolled and plate aluminum, as well as products for the aerospace and industrial sector.
Acquisition & Q1 Earnings: Why Arconic Shares Are Shooting Higher Today
Arconic Corp (NYSE: ARNC) has agreed to be acquired by funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) for $5.2 billion and also reported its first-quarter FY23 results. Arconic shareholders will receive $30.00 per share in cash, a premium of ~36% to its undisturbed closing stock price on February 27, 2023. "This transaction will provide Arconic with the backing of one of the world's premier investment firms and will allow us to leverage Apollo's industry expertise and
HWM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...