International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IBM POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where IBM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.45% of US stocks.
- IBM's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- IBM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 16.11% of US stocks).
IBM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $122,553,843,581, International Business Machines Corp has a greater market value than 97.86% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for IBM is 3.39 -- better than 86.54% of US stocks.
- IBM's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.65% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to International Business Machines Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be MMM, ZTS, GE, SYK, and CAT.
- Visit IBM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, IBM's EV/EBIT ratio is 20% lower, now standing at 25.8.
- Over the past 243 months, IBM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 3.4.
- IBM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 10.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IBM.
IBM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -32.9%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.66%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.32%.
The table below shows IBM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IBM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IBM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.24% of graded US stocks.
- IBM's asset turnover comes in at 0.491 -- ranking 64th of 83 Computers stocks.
- ATEN, FFIV, and INTZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IBM.
The table below shows IBM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$137.07||52-week high||$152.84|
|Prev. close||$137.49||52-week low||$105.92|
|Day high||$137.07||Avg. volume||5,167,349|
|50-day MA||$139.68||Dividend yield||4.77%|
|200-day MA||$135.25||Market Cap||122.86B|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines Corp was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York. Headquartered in Armonk, New York, IBM offers a variety of IT services along with software, and hardware and also provides planning, build, manage, and maintain IT infrastructure, platforms, applications, and services. In 2020, IBM generated global revenues of nearly 73 billion U.S. dollars, of which 50 percent of this generated in the Americas region. The company spent 6.33 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 for research and development, specifically focused in the areas of artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud technologies. IBM employs nearly 350,000 individuals worldwide and the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Arvind Krishna.
Most Popular Stories View All
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about International Business Machines Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
When Arvind Krishna became chief executive on IBM in April 2020, he immediately prioritized building what the company calls an open, hybrid cloud platform.
International Business Machines (IBM) signs a strategic multi-year agreement with Telefonica to use IBM intelligent automation software and services to implement UNICA Next.
Zacks Market Edge Highlights: Amazon, Starbucks, Facebook, IBM and Netflix
IBM (NYSE:IBM) announced today a strategic multi-year agreement with Telefónica to use IBM intelligent automation software and services to implement UNICA Next – Telefónica's first-ever, cloud-native, 5G core network platform. With UNICA Next, Telefónica aims to acquire the agility, reliability, and efficiency to continuously optimize its services, now and in the future. As Telefónica and other Communications Service Providers (CSPs) around the world prepare for the benefits 5G and edge will bri
New optical ''transistor'' speeds up computation up to 1,000 times, at lowest switching energy possible
An international research team led by Skoltech and IBM has created an extremely energy-efficient optical switch that could replace electronic transistors in a new generation of computers manipulating photons rather than electrons. In addition to direct power saving, the switch requires no cooling and is really fast: At 1 trillion operations per second, it is between 100 and 1,000 times faster than today''s top-notch commercial transistors. The study comes out Wednesday in Nature.
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch