International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IBM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IBM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IBM is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- IBM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
IBM Stock Summary
- IBM has a market capitalization of $117,319,421,787 -- more than approximately 97.97% of US stocks.
- International Business Machines Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for IBM comes in at 14.25% -- higher than that of 86.44% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to International Business Machines Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be MMM, EL, BP, ANTM, and AMGN.
- Visit IBM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, IBM's EV/EBIT ratio is 20% lower, now standing at 25.8.
- Over the past 243 months, IBM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 3.4.
- IBM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 10.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IBM.
IBM Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 20.32%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -13.25%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.64%.
The table below shows IBM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IBM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IBM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.89% of graded US stocks.
- IBM's asset turnover comes in at 0.491 -- ranking 64th of 83 Computers stocks.
- ATEN, FFIV, and ANET are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IBM.
The table below shows IBM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$129.35||52-week high||$152.84|
|Prev. close||$130.82||52-week low||$114.56|
|Day high||$131.87||Avg. volume||6,329,878|
|50-day MA||$125.91||Dividend yield||5.07%|
|200-day MA||$136.67||Market Cap||115.94B|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines Corp was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York. Headquartered in Armonk, New York, IBM offers a variety of IT services along with software, and hardware and also provides planning, build, manage, and maintain IT infrastructure, platforms, applications, and services. In 2020, IBM generated global revenues of nearly 73 billion U.S. dollars, of which 50 percent of this generated in the Americas region. The company spent 6.33 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 for research and development, specifically focused in the areas of artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud technologies. IBM employs nearly 350,000 individuals worldwide and the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Arvind Krishna.
Most Popular Stories View All
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about International Business Machines Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
Analysts need to stop pretending IBM is a tech leader, or even in the league of tech leaders.
Investment company Wealthstreet Investment Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys International Business Machines Corp, Kyndryl Holdings Inc, sells AT&T Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Wealthstreet Investment Advisors, LLC.
Investment company Ogorek Anthony Joseph (Current Portfolio) buys Eli Lilly and Co, Union Pacific Corp, International Business Machines Corp, First Trust New York Municipal High Income ETF, WisdomTree U.S.
Investment company Thomasville National Bank (Current Portfolio) buys Flowers Foods Inc, Vanguard Total Corporate ETF, Intuit Inc, Darling Ingredients Inc, PayPal Holdings Inc, sells Vanguard Information Technology ETF, iShares TIPS Bond ETF, iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF, Chevron Corp, BlackRock Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Thomasville National Bank.
IBM Global Managing Director of Consumer Industries Luq Niazi joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss grocery supply and labor shortages primarily fueled by Omicron and the rise of hybrid shopping.
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch