International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IBM POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where IBM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.06% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IBM is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- IBM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.47% of US stocks).
IBM Stock Summary
- International Business Machines Corp's market capitalization of $129,212,336,157 is ahead of 98.09% of US-listed equities.
- International Business Machines Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.7% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, IBM is more volatile than just 13.21% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to International Business Machines Corp are AMGN, BLK, HDB, CAT, and DEO.
- IBM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit International Business Machines Corp's official web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, IBM's price/sales ratio is 66.04% lower, now standing at 1.8.
- Over the past 243 months, IBM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $8.7.
- IBM's price/sales ratio has moved down $0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IBM.
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$145.41||52-week high||$152.84|
|Prev. close||$144.61||52-week low||$105.92|
|Day high||$146.19||Avg. volume||5,835,195|
|50-day MA||$144.38||Dividend yield||4.54%|
|200-day MA||$128.71||Market Cap||129.93B|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines Corp was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York. Headquartered in Armonk, New York, IBM offers a variety of IT services along with software, and hardware and also provides planning, build, manage, and maintain IT infrastructure, platforms, applications, and services. In 2020, IBM generated global revenues of nearly 73 billion U.S. dollars, of which 50 percent of this generated in the Americas region. The company spent 6.33 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 for research and development, specifically focused in the areas of artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud technologies. IBM employs nearly 350,000 individuals worldwide and the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Arvind Krishna.
IBM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for International Business Machines Corp. To summarize, we found that International Business Machines Corp ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of International Business Machines Corp, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 68. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 8.1% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- International Business Machines Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 7.67% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about International Business Machines Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
Top Analyst Reports for AT&T, Walmart & Cisco
IBM Canada (NYSE: IBM) today announced it would be merging four Toronto-based offices into a single flexible workspace to be located at 16 York in Toronto's downtown core. The new office will include an AI and hybrid cloud client showcase centre, collaboration spaces for use by both employees and clients, and space for IBM Garage, a globally recognized design approach to innovation and digital transformation.
Pandora Boosts Online Sales by Transforming Its Global Omnichannel e-Commerce with IBM Sterling Supply Chain Software
IBM (NYSE: IBM) has worked with Pandora (NASDAQ: PNDORA), a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of hand-finished jewelry, to help Pandora transform and scale its global omnichannel e-commerce capabilities with IBM Sterling Order Management. Pandora, one of the world's largest jewelry brands, was able to double its online sales in 2020 and is now leading the jewelry industry with improved real-time inventory visibility to better manage growing demand.
California officials on Friday unveiled a website to access or download a digital copy of COVID-19 immunization records, though they stressed the state would not make it mandatory to carry the vaccine credentials. "It's an optional tool to use," said State Epidemiologist Dr. Erica Pan. California opened up from COVID-19 restrictions on Tuesday, with masks, social distancing and capacity limits no longer required at most venues for those who are vaccinated.
Both tech giants are turning over new leaves -- but one is transitioning to new opportunities much faster.
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch