International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
IBM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $107,329,586,150, International Business Machines Corp has a greater market value than 97.94% of US stocks.
- International Business Machines Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, IBM is more volatile than merely 0.78% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IBM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MMM, RTX, CAT, SYK, and DE.
- IBM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit International Business Machines Corp's official web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.16||52-week high||$135.88|
|Prev. close||$122.83||52-week low||$90.56|
|Day high||$124.80||Avg. volume||7,183,594|
|50-day MA||$123.33||Dividend yield||5.31%|
|200-day MA||$122.51||Market Cap||110.95B|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The companys Global Technology Services segment provides IT infrastructure and business process services, such as outsourcing, processing, integrated technology, cloud, and technology support. Its Global Business Services segment offers consulting and systems integration services for strategy and transformation, application innovation services, enterprise applications, and smarter analytics, and application management, maintenance, and support services. The company was founded in 1910 and is based in Armonk, New York.
IBM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for International Business Machines Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that International Business Machines Corp ranked in the 59th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 32.67% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for International Business Machines Corp ended up being:
- In the past 5.83 years, International Business Machines Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.02%; that's higher than merely 16.12% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- International Business Machines Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 4.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
- International Business Machines Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than merely 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about International Business Machines Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
Today, Moderna (Nasdaq: MRNA) and IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced their intentions to explore technologies, including artificial intelligence, blockchain and hybrid cloud, that could help support smarter COVID-19 vaccine management. Central to the effort will be a pilot of open, standardized, technology-enabled vaccine distribution approaches aimed to improve supply chain visibility and foster near real-time tracking of vaccine administration.
International Business Machines (IBM) recently announced that IBM Cloud Satellite will render its hybrid cloud services generally available across all environments.
Moderna and IBM will 'explore technologies, including AI, blockchain and hybrid cloud' to improve vaccine management.
International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM) has redefined itself since Arvind Krishna became CEO in April. Looking to align the company with the current tech environment, IBM spent $34 billion to buy cloud giant Red Hat in 2019. Krishna, who headed IBM's cloud and cognitive software division at that time, spearheaded this acquisition.
Zacks Market Edge Highlights: Square, CBOE Global Markets, Accenture and IBM
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!