International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$143.17||52-week high||$153.21|
|Prev. close||$143.24||52-week low||$115.54|
|Day high||$143.82||Avg. volume||4,549,890|
|50-day MA||$144.25||Dividend yield||4.52%|
|200-day MA||$135.63||Market Cap||130.43B|
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IBM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.08% of US stocks.
- IBM's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- IBM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 16.06% of US stocks).
IBM Stock Summary
- IBM has a higher market value than 98.54% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $133,835,926,718.
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 66.12, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about 91.64% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IBM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CAT, ABT, DE, GE, and SYK.
- Visit IBM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, IBM's price/earnings ratio is 158.2% higher, now standing at 66.1.
- Over the past 243 months, IBM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 38.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IBM.
IBM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -4.24%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -22.34%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -27.75%.
The table below shows IBM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IBM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IBM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.89% of graded US stocks.
- IBM's asset turnover comes in at 0.491 -- ranking 64th of 83 Computers stocks.
- ATEN, FFIV, and ANET are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IBM.
The table below shows IBM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines Corp was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York. Headquartered in Armonk, New York, IBM offers a variety of IT services along with software, and hardware and also provides planning, build, manage, and maintain IT infrastructure, platforms, applications, and services. In 2020, IBM generated global revenues of nearly 73 billion U.S. dollars, of which 50 percent of this generated in the Americas region. The company spent 6.33 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 for research and development, specifically focused in the areas of artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud technologies. IBM employs nearly 350,000 individuals worldwide and the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Arvind Krishna.
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) and HSBC Holdings plc (HSBC).
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is Attracting Investor Attention: Here is What You Should Know
IBM (IBM) has been one of the stocks most watched by Zacks.com users lately. So, it is worth exploring what lies ahead for the stock.
International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM) has spent the better part of the past decade repositioning itself for the era of cloud computing and artificial intelligence. The $2 billion acquisition of SoftLayer in 2013 kick-started the company's cloud business, and the $34 billion acquisition of Red Hat in 2019 was a bet that enterprises would gravitate toward multi-cloud and hybrid cloud deployments. The company unloaded its semiconductor manufacturing operation and its x86 server operations back in 2014, spun-off its managed infrastructure services business in 2021, dumped its Watson Health business in 2022, and largely gave up on its enterprise blockchain efforts earlier this year.
In this article, we discuss 15 dividend stocks to buy according to Reddit. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and the role of retail investors in today’s stock market, and go directly to read Dividend Stock Portfolio: 5 Stocks To Buy According to Reddit. While tech stocks outperformed dividend stocks in the […]
The Street often wants retail investors to ignore promising stocks while the "big money" buys shares.
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch