International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IBM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IBM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IBM is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- IBM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 10.65% of US stocks).
IBM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $112,526,451,045, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP has a greater market value than 98.17% of US stocks.
- IBM's went public 37.25 years ago, making it older than 93.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 68.66, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.54% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be CAT, ZTS, SYK, BSX, and BDX.
- Visit IBM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, IBM's price/sales ratio is 20.83% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- IBM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 30.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IBM.
IBM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -4.24%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -22.34%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -27.75%.
The table below shows IBM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IBM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IBM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.89% of graded US stocks.
- IBM's asset turnover comes in at 0.491 -- ranking 64th of 83 Computers stocks.
- ATEN, FFIV, and ANET are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IBM.
The table below shows IBM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IBM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of IBM, see our IBM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$150.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$125.29||52-week high||$153.21|
|Prev. close||$123.37||52-week low||$115.54|
|Day high||$125.40||Avg. volume||5,245,030|
|50-day MA||$132.86||Dividend yield||5.35%|
|200-day MA||$134.75||Market Cap||113.65B|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines Corp was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York. Headquartered in Armonk, New York, IBM offers a variety of IT services along with software, and hardware and also provides planning, build, manage, and maintain IT infrastructure, platforms, applications, and services. In 2020, IBM generated global revenues of nearly 73 billion U.S. dollars, of which 50 percent of this generated in the Americas region. The company spent 6.33 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 for research and development, specifically focused in the areas of artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud technologies. IBM employs nearly 350,000 individuals worldwide and the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Arvind Krishna.
Most Popular Stories View All
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
US, Canada plan North American chip corridor, starting with IBM expansion
The United States and Canada said on Friday they would work together to create a bilateral semiconductor manufacturing corridor, as International Business Machines signaled its intent to expand in Canada. The news came as U.S. President Joe Biden, who is visiting Canada, issued a joint pledge with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to stand together against authoritarian regimes in part by reducing their dependence on other countries for critical minerals and semiconductors. The Canadian government will spend C$250 million ($181.94 million) on its domestic semiconductor industry to boost research and development and manufacturing, the prime minister's office said in a statement.
10 Best Crypto Hardware Wallets In 2023
This article features the 10 best crypto hardware wallets in 2023. If you’re only interested in the top 5, feel free to skip our in-depth analysis and jump straight to the 5 Best Crypto Hardware Wallets in 2023. As cryptocurrencies continue to gain popularity, ensuring the security of digital assets has become an increasingly important […]
IBM and Cleveland Clinic are deploying the first on-site quantum computer in health care as tech promises to accelerate scientific breakthroughs
It takes years for a discovery in biomedical research to become a tangible therapy available to patients. Quantum computing can expedite the process.
How Technology Can Help Save Our Water Supply
NORTHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / March 23, 2023 / IBM IBM Blog A 2021 United Nations report finds that 2.3 billion people live in water-stressed countries which, according to the World Health Organization, is expected to be exacerbated in some ...
Top Companies for Innovation
JOURNAL REPORTS: LEADERSHIP Microsoft scored highest for innovation in the latest Management Top 250 ranking, followed by Amazon com Inc. and Exxon Mobil Corp. The Management Top 250 ranking, developed by the Drucker Institute, measures corporate effectiveness by examining performance in customer satisfaction, employee engagement and development, innovation, social responsibility and financial strength.
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...