IDACORP, Inc. (IDA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IDA POWR Grades
- IDA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 60.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IDA is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- IDA's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
IDA Stock Summary
- IDA's went public 34.69 years ago, making it older than 92.12% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Idacorp Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Idacorp Inc's share price is greater than that of just 7.2% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Idacorp Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be UTL, MGEE, ATCO, FSP, and SWX.
- IDA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Idacorp Inc's official web site, go to www.idacorpinc.com.
IDA Valuation Summary
- IDA's price/sales ratio is 3.6; this is 28.57% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, IDA's price/sales ratio has gone up $2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IDA.
IDA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IDA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$99.14||52-week high||$104.96|
|Prev. close||$102.02||52-week low||$78.91|
|Day high||$101.95||Avg. volume||351,509|
|50-day MA||$100.49||Dividend yield||2.86%|
|200-day MA||$92.96||Market Cap||5.01B|
IDACORP, Inc. (IDA) Company Bio
IdaCorp Inc. engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, purchase, and sale of electric energy in the United States. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Boise, Idaho.
IDA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Idacorp Inc. To summarize, we found that Idacorp Inc ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for IDA, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 72% of its capital from equity, and 28% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 68.11% of US equities in the Utilities sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 28% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 63.17% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- Idacorp Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 11.72% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
IDA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IDA Latest Social Stream
View Full IDA Social Stream
Latest IDA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Idacorp Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IDA as an investment opportunity.
IDACORP, Inc.'s (NYSE:IDA) Financials Are Too Obscure To Link With Current Share Price Momentum: What's In Store For the Stock?
IDACORP's (NYSE:IDA) stock is up by 9.3% over the past three months. However, we decided to study the company's...
In this article, we will take a look at the top 10 electric utility dividend stocks to buy. You can skip our comprehensive analysis of these stocks and go directly to the Top 5 Electric Utility Dividend Stocks to Buy. The COVID-19 outbreak has taken a toll on many industries worldwide resulting in an economic […]
If you're looking for green hot stocks, the S&P Global Clean Energy Index is a good place to start.
These seven utility stocks have strong dividend profiles with predictable revenues which provide steady returns to investors.
Every investor in IDACORP, Inc. ( NYSE:IDA ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. Insiders often...
IDA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|