Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP): Price and Financial Metrics
IEP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.28||52-week high||$55.16|
|Prev. close||$22.91||52-week low||$18.03|
|Day high||$23.86||Avg. volume||1,725,455|
|50-day MA||$40.73||Dividend yield||36.68%|
|200-day MA||$49.37||Market Cap||8.59B|
IEP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IEP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where IEP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.01% of US stocks.
- IEP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- IEP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 1.7% of US stocks).
IEP Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for IEP is 4.09 -- better than 87.74% of US stocks.
- ICAHN ENTERPRISES LP's stock had its IPO on July 24, 1987, making it an older stock than 92.59% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, IEP has reported earnings growth of -211.55%, putting it ahead of merely 7.84% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ICAHN ENTERPRISES LP, a group of peers worth examining would be NRG, HSC, GLT, BGS, and NEWT.
- Visit IEP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ielp.com.
IEP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, IEP's price/earnings ratio is 185.25% lower, now standing at -15.6.
- IEP's price/earnings ratio has moved down 25.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IEP.
IEP Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 8.96%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -128.9%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -690.49%.
The table below shows IEP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IEP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IEP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.55% of graded US stocks.
- IEP's asset turnover comes in at 0.431 -- ranking 49th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- WKHS, LCII, and THO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IEP.
The table below shows IEP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP) Company Bio
Icahn Enterprises L.P. is an American conglomerate headquartered at Milton Tower in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. The company has investments in various industries including energy, automotive, food packaging, metals, real estate and home fashion. The company is controlled by Carl Icahn, who owns 88% of it. (Source:Wikipedia)
IEP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IEP Latest Social Stream
View Full IEP Social Stream
Latest IEP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ICAHN ENTERPRISES LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IEP as an investment opportunity.
Why Icahn Enterprises Lost Half Its Value in May
For much of his nearly half-century career on Wall Street, Carl Icahn has been known as an activist investor. Shares of Icahn Enterprises fell by 55.6% in May, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence, in the wake of that report and other commentary that followed. Icahn is one of the best-known activist investors, with a strong track record dating back to the early 1980s of agitating corporate boards to make changes that he feels will boost share prices.
Bill Ackman Questions the Valuation of Carl Icahn's Firm: The Billionaires' Feud Explained
Ackman and Icahn are both legendary investors, and the two have butted heads on several occasions, dating back to the early 2000s.
7 Sad Stocks That Are Waving Big Red Flags
If your portfolio is showing signs of distress, then you may be ignoring some red-flag stocks that are weighing you down.
Corporate Raider Carl Icahn's Empire May Be Falling Apart
The billionaire who built his entire career as a nightmare for corporate CEOs is a victim of what made him successful.
Carl Icahn, a star corporate raider brought down to earth
Decades ago, Carl Icahn gained a formative insight from reading the American novelist Theodore Dreiser. The billionaire investor was absorbed by two of Dreiser’s novels, The Financier and The Titan, which chronicle the rise of industrialist Frank Cowperwood. Were it to be deployed, Dreiser writes, “these men should see at last how powerful he was and how secure”.
IEP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IEPWant to do more research on Icahn Enterprises Lp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Icahn Enterprises Lp (IEP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Icahn Enterprises Lp (IEP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Icahn Enterprises Lp (IEP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...