Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW): Price and Financial Metrics
ITW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$233.51||52-week high||$264.19|
|Prev. close||$232.11||52-week low||$180.27|
|Day high||$235.15||Avg. volume||1,071,115|
|50-day MA||$244.58||Dividend yield||2.26%|
|200-day MA||$235.88||Market Cap||70.61B|
ITW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ITW POWR Grades
- ITW scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.7% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ITW is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- ITW ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
ITW Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $71,881,203,443, ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC has a greater market value than 96.9% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for ITW is 5.2 -- better than 91.22% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ITW is more volatile than only 2.48% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SHW, NOC, INFY, PGR, and HUM.
- ITW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC's official web site, go to www.itw.com.
ITW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, ITW's price/earnings ratio is 24.73% higher, now standing at 23.2.
- Over the past 243 months, ITW's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ITW.
ITW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 15.34%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -18.95%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.73%.
The table below shows ITW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ITW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ITW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.23% of graded US stocks.
- ITW's asset turnover comes in at 0.914 -- ranking 27th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- FLOW, GGG, and NOV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ITW.
The table below shows ITW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) Company Bio
Illinois Tool Works Inc. or ITW is an American Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It was founded in 1912 by Byron L. Smith and has built its growth on a 'small‐wins strategy' based on decentralization, operational excellence, simplicity, customer‐focused innovation, and acquisitions. (Source:Wikipedia)
ITW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ITW Latest Social Stream
View Full ITW Social Stream
Latest ITW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ITW as an investment opportunity.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. ( NYSE:ITW ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in four days. The ex-dividend date is one...
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Apple Inc. (AAPL), Bank of America Corporation (BAC) and Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO).
Strength in the institutional end markets and capital equipment business augurs well for Illinois Tool (ITW). The company's measures to reward its shareholders are promising.
After years of factory closures and offshoring, manufacturing is returning to America.
E. Scott Santi's decade-long reign as CEO of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW) will end in January 2024. Company veteran and current vice chairman Christopher O'Herlihy will replace him. Illinois Tool Works stock is up 410% compared to 254% for the S&P 500 since the year when Santi took over as CEO.
ITW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ITWWant to do more research on Illinois Tool Works Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch