Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ITW POWR Grades
- ITW scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ITW is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- ITW's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 26.8% of US stocks).
ITW Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $68,625,187,314, Illinois Tool Works Inc has a greater market value than 96.23% of US stocks.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.45% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Illinois Tool Works Inc's share price is greater than that of only 8.06% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ITW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ECL, SHW, CI, MMC, and MDLZ.
- Visit ITW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.itw.com.
ITW Valuation Summary
- ITW's price/sales ratio is 5.2; this is 57.58% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- ITW's price/earnings ratio has moved up 5.7 over the prior 243 months.
- ITW's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ITW.
ITW Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 1.11%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -52.35%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -28.31%.
The table below shows ITW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ITW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ITW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.08% of graded US stocks.
- ITW's asset turnover comes in at 0.906 -- ranking 27th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- DE, IR, and PFIN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ITW.
The table below shows ITW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ITW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ITW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$215.94||52-week high||$242.07|
|Prev. close||$217.88||52-week low||$188.14|
|Day high||$218.35||Avg. volume||986,984|
|50-day MA||$226.34||Dividend yield||2.09%|
|200-day MA||$219.60||Market Cap||68.01B|
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) Company Bio
Illinois Tool Works manufactures and sells industrial products and equipment worldwide. It operates through seven segments: Automotive OEM; Test & Measurement and Electronics; Food Equipment; Polymers & Fluids; Welding; Construction Products; and Specialty Products. The company was founded in 1912 and is based in Glenview, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
ITW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ITW Latest Social Stream
View Full ITW Social Stream
Latest ITW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Illinois Tool Works Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ITW as an investment opportunity.
Judge Stark Grants Defendants Motion For Summary Judgment Of Noninfringement Of The Asserted Patent Claims
By Memorandum Order entered by the Honorable Leonard P. Stark in Baker v. Alpha Consolidated Holdings, Inc. et al., Civil Action No. 18-976-LPS (D.Del. September 17, 2021), the Court granted the combined motion for summary judgment of noninfringement of Defendants Alpha Consolidated Holdings, Inc. and Illinois Tool Works Inc. d/b/a Gumout with respect to the alleged infringement of claims 1-5 of U.S. Patent No. 9,889,961 (the 961 patent)... By: Fox Rothschild LLP
With that in mind, here are three recent dividend raises by well-established companies: Deere & Company (NYSE: DE), Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW), and Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ). Fueled by higher commodity prices and, consequently, more capital in the agricultural sector, leading farm equipment specialist Deere & Company has been on a tear lately. Both revenue and profitability have climbed well higher in recent quarters; in its third quarter of fiscal 2021, for instance, Deere managed to grow revenue a very robust 29% year over year to $11.5 billion, while net income more than doubled to almost $1.7 billion.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. ( NYSE:ITW ) had a relatively subdued couple of weeks in terms of changes in share price...
Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA) Market to Reflect Impressive Growth Rate with Key Companies like Anton-Paar, TA Instruments, Acoem, Illinois Tool Works, Anton Paar, Mettler-Toledo
Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA) Market report a descriptive however comprehensive account of the global Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA) market and contains all the foremost company profiles that have an effect on the growth and scope of the Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer
Clean Room Pass Through Market SWOT Analysis, by Key Players: DuPont, Kimberly-Clark, Illinois Tool Works, Nicomac, Azbil Corporation, M+W Group, Clean Air Products, Alpiq Holding Ltd., Clean Rooms International, ABN Cleanroom Technology,
This recent research compilation on global Clean Room Pass Through market is a versatile, future ready analytical survey replicating trend assessment, an in-depth assessment of market valuation and revenue generation trends with insights on profit models, competition spectrum and associated vendor strategies illustrated by leading players and contributing market participants investing aggressively in global Clean 
ITW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ITWWant to do more research on Illinois Tool Works Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch