Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ITW POWR Grades
- ITW scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.32% of US stocks.
- ITW's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- ITW ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
ITW Stock Summary
- ITW has a higher market value than 97.07% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $70,507,348,748.
- ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.25% of US listed stocks.
- ITW's went public 35.4 years ago, making it older than 91.54% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ITW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HUM, CI, SHW, PGR, and NOC.
- Visit ITW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.itw.com.
ITW Valuation Summary
- ITW's price/earnings ratio is 23.1; this is 20.94% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- ITW's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ITW.
ITW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 15.34%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -18.95%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.73%.
The table below shows ITW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ITW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ITW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.23% of graded US stocks.
- ITW's asset turnover comes in at 0.914 -- ranking 27th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- FLOW, GGG, and NOV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ITW.
The table below shows ITW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ITW Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of ITW, see our ITW price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$242.12||Average Broker Recommendation||1.98 (Hold)|
ITW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ITW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$231.12||52-week high||$253.37|
|Prev. close||$235.16||52-week low||$173.52|
|Day high||$236.60||Avg. volume||1,105,582|
|50-day MA||$234.03||Dividend yield||2.24%|
|200-day MA||$211.34||Market Cap||70.51B|
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) Company Bio
Illinois Tool Works Inc. or ITW is an American Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It was founded in 1912 by Byron L. Smith and has built its growth on a 'small‐wins strategy' based on decentralization, operational excellence, simplicity, customer‐focused innovation, and acquisitions. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ITW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ITW Latest Social Stream
View Full ITW Social Stream
Latest ITW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ITW as an investment opportunity.
Reasons to Add Manitowoc (MTW) Stock to Your Portfolio Now
An upbeat outlook for 2023, focus on acquisitions, innovative products and northbound earnings estimates are some of the factors that make Manitowoc (MTW) an attractive investment option.
ITW Schedules 2023 Investor Day
GLENVIEW, Ill., March 20, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) will hold an in-person investor conference in Boston on Thursday May 18, 2023 featuring presentations and Q&A with the ITW leadership team. A live webcast of the event will begin at 1:00 p.m. EDT. A link to the webcast and accompanying slide presentations will be available on the Investor Relations website, ITW 2023 Investor Day. A replay of the webcast will be available following the event. About Illinois Too
Why Should You Hold Packaging Corp (PKG) in Your Portfolio?
Packaging Corp (PKG) gains from packaging demand and strategic actions amid headwinds.
Are Industrial Products Stocks Lagging ABB (ABB) This Year?
Here is how ABB (ABB) and Illinois Tool Works (ITW) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Is Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) Potentially Undervalued?
Today we're going to take a look at the well-established Illinois Tool Works Inc. ( NYSE:ITW ). The company's stock...
ITW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ITWWant to do more research on Illinois Tool Works Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...