Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (J): Price and Financial Metrics
J Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$127.18||52-week high||$141.16|
|Prev. close||$126.20||52-week low||$109.00|
|Day high||$128.02||Avg. volume||660,510|
|50-day MA||$133.20||Dividend yield||0.85%|
|200-day MA||$124.26||Market Cap||16.03B|
J Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
J POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where J ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.08% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for J is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- J ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
J Stock Summary
- JACOBS SOLUTIONS INC's market capitalization of $16,865,396,647 is ahead of 88.9% of US-listed equities.
- J's went public 33.86 years ago, making it older than 88.71% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of JACOBS SOLUTIONS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to J, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HUBB, DECK, SNA, ULTA, and BLDR.
- J's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit JACOBS SOLUTIONS INC's official web site, go to www.jacobs.com.
J Valuation Summary
- J's EV/EBIT ratio is 18.4; this is 18.71% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, J's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 6.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for J.
J Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 40.11%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 46.92%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 297.46%.
The table below shows J's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
J's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- J has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.15% of graded US stocks.
- J's asset turnover comes in at 1.004 -- ranking 36th of 51 Construction stocks.
- BZH, AMRC, and IBP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with J.
The table below shows J's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (J) Company Bio
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE: J) is an American international technical professional services firm. The company provides engineering, technical, professional and construction services, as well as scientific and specialty consulting for a broad range of clients globally, including companies, organizations, and government agencies. Jacobs has consistently ranked No. 1 on both Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Top 500 Design Firms and Trenchless Technology’s 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Top 50 Trenchless Engineering Firms. Its worldwide annual revenue reached over $14 billion in the 2021 fiscal year, and earnings rose to over 163 million. (Source:Wikipedia)
J Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
J Latest Social Stream
View Full J Social Stream
Latest J News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about JACOBS SOLUTIONS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate J as an investment opportunity.
Jacobs Solutions Inc. (NYSE: J) today announced its financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended September 29, 2023.
Jacobs said in a statement it expects to have up to 63% stake in the combined company, with 51% held by shareholders and 7.5-12% retained by the company. The combined entity, which will include units Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) and Cyber & Intelligence government services, will become a new publicly listed company, Jacobs added. The CMS platform provides cybersecurity, data analytics and software application services and consulting to civilian, defense and intelligence clients in industries including space, national security, nuclear waste and 5G technology.
Amentum Announces Agreement to Merge with Jacobs’ Critical Mission Solutions and Cyber and Intelligence Businesses
CHANTILLY, Va., November 21, 2023--Amentum announced today a definitive agreement to merge with Jacobs’ (NYSE:J) Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) and Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) businesses, creating a new leader in systems integration and technology solutions trusted by the United States and its allies to modernize their most complex missions around the world. The combined organization will be a publicly traded company with $13 billion in revenue and more than 53,000 employees in 83 countries.
Jacobs to Spin-off and Merge its Critical Mission Solutions and Cyber & Intelligence Government Services Businesses with Amentum, Creating an Independent, Publicly Traded Company
Jacobs (NYSE:J) announced today it has entered into a definitive agreement to spin-off and combine its Critical Mission Solutions and Cyber & Intelligence government services businesses with Amentum, a leading global engineering and technology solutions provider, to create a new, publicly-traded player in the government services sector. In May, Jacobs first announced the intent to separate its CMS business to create two separate companies, each positioned for greater success. Today's transaction
Jacobs to Manage Construction Site Organization for Major Decarbonization Project at thyssenkrupp Steel
Jacobs (NYSE:J) has been selected as Program and Construction Management (PMCM) partner for thyssenkrupp Steel's $2.5 billion effort to decarbonize its steel mill in Duisburg, Germany. According to thyssenkrupp, the site is Europe's largest steel mill, and the effort represents one of the largest industrial decarbonization projects worldwide.
J Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|