J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. (JBHT): Price and Financial Metrics
JBHT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$186.33||52-week high||$209.21|
|Prev. close||$190.46||52-week low||$156.28|
|Day high||$190.09||Avg. volume||744,173|
|50-day MA||$194.36||Dividend yield||0.88%|
|200-day MA||$182.31||Market Cap||19.26B|
JBHT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JBHT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where JBHT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JBHT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- JBHT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 13.67% of US stocks).
JBHT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $19,582,769,391, HUNT J B TRANSPORT SERVICES INC has a greater market value than 89.93% of US stocks.
- HUNT J B TRANSPORT SERVICES INC's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 85.48% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of HUNT J B TRANSPORT SERVICES INC's share price is greater than that of merely 11.43% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to HUNT J B TRANSPORT SERVICES INC are EXPD, FOXA, WRB, NWSA, and TAP.
- Visit JBHT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jbhunt.com.
JBHT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, JBHT's price/sales ratio is 26.32% lower, now standing at 1.4.
- JBHT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JBHT.
JBHT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 39.36%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 15.38%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 6.88%.
The table below shows JBHT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JBHT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JBHT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.05% of graded US stocks.
- JBHT's asset turnover comes in at 1.831 -- ranking 10th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- USAK, SNDR, and CHRW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JBHT.
The table below shows JBHT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. (JBHT) Company Bio
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. is an American transportation and logistics company based in Lowell, Arkansas. It was founded by Johnnie Bryan Hunt and Johnelle Hunt in Arkansas on August 10, 1961. By 1983, J.B. Hunt had grown into the 80th largest trucking firm in the U.S. and earned $623.47 million in revenue. At that time J.B. Hunt was operating 550 tractors, 1,049 trailers, and had roughly 1,050 employees. J.B. Hunt primarily operates large semi-trailer trucks and provides transportation services throughout the continental U.S., Canada and Mexico. The company currently employs over 24,000 and operates more than 12,000 trucks. The company's fleet consists of over 145,000 trailers and containers. (Source:Wikipedia)
JBHT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JBHT Latest Social Stream
View Full JBHT Social Stream
Latest JBHT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HUNT J B TRANSPORT SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JBHT as an investment opportunity.
Investor-friendly steps and low expenses boost J.B. Hunt (JBHT).
Exploring the Financial Strength, Profitability, and Growth Metrics of JB Hunt Transport Services Inc
Is the Stock's Current Market Price Justified?
J.B. Hunt (JBHT) will make use of its available cash balance to buy assets of BNSF Logistics.
A logistics and supply chain deal is set to send ripples across the space as J.B. Transport Inc. revealed Thursday plans to acquire the brokerage operations of BNSF Logistics. Here are more details on the deal.
JBHT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JBHTWant to see what other sources are saying about Hunt J B Transport Services Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Hunt J B Transport Services Inc (JBHT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hunt J B Transport Services Inc (JBHT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hunt J B Transport Services Inc (JBHT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch