J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
JBHT POWR Grades
- JBHT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for JBHT is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- JBHT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 41st percentile.
JBHT Stock Summary
- Hunt J B Transport Services Inc's market capitalization of $20,401,718,252 is ahead of 87.35% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for JBHT is 3.84 -- better than 88.76% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 187.33, Hunt J B Transport Services Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to JBHT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EXPD, LPLA, CFG, BWA, and NWSA.
- Visit JBHT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jbhunt.com.
JBHT Valuation Summary
- JBHT's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 48.48% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- JBHT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 4.1 over the prior 243 months.
- JBHT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 3.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JBHT.
JBHT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 708.64%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 21.7%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 72.61%.
The table below shows JBHT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JBHT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JBHT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.2% of graded US stocks.
- JBHT's asset turnover comes in at 1.775 -- ranking 11th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- CHRW, USAK, and SNDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JBHT.
The table below shows JBHT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JBHT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JBHT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$197.73||52-week high||$201.09|
|Prev. close||$195.66||52-week low||$119.22|
|Day high||$201.09||Avg. volume||604,002|
|50-day MA||$176.02||Dividend yield||0.61%|
|200-day MA||$165.33||Market Cap||20.80B|
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT) Company Bio
JB Hunt Transportation provides surface transportation and delivery services in the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico, which includes the transportation of freight, such as general merchandise, specialty consumer items, appliances, forest and paper products, food and beverages, building materials, soaps and cosmetics, automotive parts, agricultural products, electronics, and chemicals. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Lowell, Arkansas.
Most Popular Stories View All
JBHT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JBHT Latest Social Stream
View Full JBHT Social Stream
Latest JBHT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hunt J B Transport Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JBHT as an investment opportunity.
Massive revenue growth at the Logistics segment drives Knight-Swift's (KNX) Q3 results.
LOWELL, Ark., October 21, 2021--J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBHT) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared the regular quarterly dividend on its common stock of $ 0.30 (thirty cents) per common share, payable to stockholders of record on November 5, 2021. The dividend will be paid on November 19, 2021.
Increasing freight revenues boost Union Pacific's (UNP) third-quarter financials.
Deterioration in the Q3 operating ratio does not bode well for Canadian Pacific (CP).
JB Hunt (JBHT) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
JBHT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JBHTWant to see what other sources are saying about Hunt J B Transport Services Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Hunt J B Transport Services Inc (JBHT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hunt J B Transport Services Inc (JBHT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hunt J B Transport Services Inc (JBHT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch