John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (JW.A): Price and Financial Metrics
JW.A Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for JW.A is 1.83 -- better than 71.87% of US stocks.
- John Wiley & Sons Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.47% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, John Wiley & Sons Inc is reporting a growth rate of -102.12%; that's higher than only 18.74% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to John Wiley & Sons Inc are ODP, AIT, PFMT, RCMT, and BNED.
- Visit JW.A's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wiley.com.
JW.A Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JW.A Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.68||52-week high||$55.54|
|Prev. close||$53.33||52-week low||$30.00|
|Day high||$54.23||Avg. volume||272,850|
|50-day MA||$48.57||Dividend yield||2.6%|
|200-day MA||$38.57||Market Cap||2.95B|
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (JW.A) Company Bio
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. provides knowledge and knowledge-enabled services in the areas of research, professional practice and education. The Company operates through three segments: Research, Professional Development and Education. The company was founded in 1807 and is based in Hoboken, New Jersey.
JW.A Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for JW.A, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that John Wiley & Sons Inc ranked in the 28th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 66.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for John Wiley & Sons Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.46 years, is -0.01% -- higher than just 22.46% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- John Wiley & Sons Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 149 -- greater than 98.35% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 12. This value is greater than 70.18% stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
JW.A Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JW.A Latest Social Stream
View Full JW.A Social Stream
Latest JW.A News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about John Wiley & Sons Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JW.A as an investment opportunity.
HOBOKEN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE:JWA) (NYSE:JWB) today announced the acquisition of Hindawi Limited, an innovator in open access (OA) publishing and one of the world's fastest growing scientific research publishers, for a total purchase price of $298 million. The acquisition of Hindawi significantly increases Wiley’s position as a global leader in research by adding quality, scale and growth to the company’s open access publishing program. Open access is a rapid
HOBOKEN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE:JWA)(NYSE:JWB), a global leader in research and education, today announced results for the second quarter ended October 31, 2020. SECOND QUARTER SUMMARY GAAP Results: Revenue of $491 million (+5%) and EPS of $1.22 (+54%) Adjusted Results (at constant currency): Revenue +4% to $491 million, EBITDA +7% to $120 million, and EPS +12% to $1.00 Research Publishing & Platforms (at constant currency): Revenue +5% and Adjusted EBITDA
HOBOKEN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--John Wiley & Sons Inc., a global leader in research and education, continues to innovate its publishing business, announcing today two technologies that advance how scientific research is published, delivering greater value to researchers. First, the company’s publishing platform provider and subsidiary, Atypon, has successfully piloted its interactive figures technology in the International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, publishing the first scientific articl
Medical Publishing Market churn higher on M&A Buzz; IBM, Cambridge University Press, John Wiley & Sons
HTF Market Intelligence released a new research report of 150 pages on title 'Global Medical Publishing Market Insights by Application, Product Type, Competitive Landscape & Regional Forecast 2025' with detailed analysis, forecast and strategies. The study covers key regions
Macy's, Sutro Biopharma, Carnival, John Wiley & Sons and Five Below are rising in a down market Thursday.
JW.A Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JW.AWant to do more research on John Wiley & Sons Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!