KB Home (KBH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KBH POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where KBH ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KBH is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 161 days.
- KBH's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 16.71% of US stocks).
KBH Stock Summary
- KBH's went public 34.23 years ago, making it older than 90.54% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.96, Kb Home P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 15.97% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Kb Home's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 83.52% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kb Home are LGIH, FSS, NCBS, AMRC, and TPH.
- Visit KBH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kbhome.com.
KBH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, KBH's price/earnings ratio is 51.55% lower, now standing at 9.4.
- KBH's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, KBH's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KBH.
KBH Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 196.97%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -43.19%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 14.01%.
The table below shows KBH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KBH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KBH has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 11.27% of graded US stocks.
- KBH's asset turnover comes in at 0.947 -- ranking 39th of 51 Construction stocks.
- FLR, PRIM, and PHM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KBH.
The table below shows KBH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KBH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KBH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.52||52-week high||$52.48|
|Prev. close||$43.42||52-week low||$38.05|
|Day high||$44.03||Avg. volume||3,770,411|
|50-day MA||$43.19||Dividend yield||1.38%|
|200-day MA||$43.07||Market Cap||3.63B|
KB Home (KBH) Company Bio
KB Home constructs and sells various homes, including attached and detached single-family residential homes, townhomes, and condominiums primarily for first-time, move-up, and active adult homebuyers under the name KB Home. The company was founded in 1957 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
KBH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KBH Latest Social Stream
View Full KBH Social Stream
Latest KBH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kb Home that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KBH as an investment opportunity.
In a report released today, Kenneth Zener from KeyBanc downgraded KB Home (KBH – Research Report) to Sell, with a price target of $38.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $45.20. According to TipRanks.com, Zener is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 14.4% and a 68.8% success rate. Zener covers the Consumer Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as DR Horton, Meritage, and Lennar. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for KB Home with a $57.22 average price target. See the top stocks recommended by analysts >> The company has a one-year high of $52.
Shares of home builders fell Wednesday, despite upbeat new-home construction data, after KeyBanc Capital analyst Kenneth Zener recommended investors sell a number of names, basically because of history and math.
KBR to help Woodside on its H2OK liquid hydrogen facility project.
Concern about inflation supersedes positive fundamentals in the housing market, KeyBanc Capital Markets said.
KeyBanc based its homebuilder downgrades on inflation concern and anticipation of Federal Reserve interest-rate hikes.
KBH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|