Kinross Gold Corporation (KGC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KGC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where KGC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KGC is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- KGC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
KGC Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.25, Kinross Gold Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 2.22% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.73, Kinross Gold Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 6.33% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Kinross Gold Corp is reporting a growth rate of 2,262.59%; that's higher than 99.21% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kinross Gold Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ESGR, MX, JRVR, SYNL, and ERF.
- Visit KGC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kinross.com.
KGC Valuation Summary
- KGC's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.5; this is 73.84% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 238 months, KGC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.8.
- KGC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 46.4 over the prior 238 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KGC.
KGC Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 20.48%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 46.03%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 54.03%.
The table below shows KGC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KGC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KGC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.20||52-week high||$10.31|
|Prev. close||$6.12||52-week low||$5.98|
|Day high||$6.28||Avg. volume||14,862,601|
|50-day MA||$7.07||Dividend yield||0.98%|
|200-day MA||$7.32||Market Cap||7.82B|
Kinross Gold Corporation (KGC) Company Bio
Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Ghana, Mauritania, and Russia. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
KGC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KGC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Kinross Gold Corp ranked in the 73th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 135.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Kinross Gold Corp, consider:
- As a business, KGC is generating more cash flow than 81.46% of positive cash flow stocks in the Basic Materials.
- Kinross Gold Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.4% of tickers in our DCF set.
- KGC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.4% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KGC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KGC Latest Social Stream
View Full KGC Social Stream
Latest KGC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kinross Gold Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KGC as an investment opportunity.
June this year has been the worst month for gold since November 2016, as the precious metal went down 7% to $1,779 an ounce, with mining and
These undervalued stocks have businesses with strong fundamentals.
Abdessalem Ould Mohamed Saleh, Mauritanias minister of petroleum, mines and energy, has returned from a fruitful visit to the Tasiast gold mine. In a press release dated 15 July, the Canadian company Kinross Gold announced that it had finally reached a definitive agreement with the Nouakchott government on the main points that the two parties had debated for years. Source
Kinross Gold (KGC) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
After a month of solid gains, that saw the Dow, the S&P 500, and the NASDAQ all hit new record highs, markets have turned down slightly. This short run of losses fits with the general pattern of trading in the past six months: strong gains, a brief pullback that does not completely erase them, followed by another round of gains. Rinse and repeat. It’s a market environment made for a long-term investors. Brief turn-downs are nothing to fear, but they do put added risk on day trading. But the long
KGC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|