Kinross Gold Corporation (KGC): Price and Financial Metrics
KGC Stock Summary
- KGC's current price/earnings ratio is 11.13, which is higher than just 15.58% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Kinross Gold Corp is higher than it is for about 85.68% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Kinross Gold Corp is reporting a growth rate of -240.93%; that's higher than merely 8.15% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kinross Gold Corp are SIGA, MOR, AMRX, ITRI, and VSTM.
- KGC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kinross Gold Corp's official web site, go to www.kinross.com.
KGC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KGC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.45||52-week high||$10.31|
|Prev. close||$6.38||52-week low||$2.72|
|Day high||$6.56||Avg. volume||18,649,598|
|50-day MA||$7.10||Dividend yield||1.88%|
|200-day MA||$7.79||Market Cap||8.12B|
Kinross Gold Corporation (KGC) Company Bio
Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Ghana, Mauritania, and Russia. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
KGC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KGC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Kinross Gold Corp ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KGC, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4 years comes in at -0.07%; that's greater than only 16.19% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- KGC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 17.37% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than just 17.28% stocks in the Basic Materials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KGC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KGC Latest Social Stream
View Full KGC Social Stream
Latest KGC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kinross Gold Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KGC as an investment opportunity.
In this article we take a look at 10 best precious metals stocks to buy now. You can skip our detailed discussion of the precious metals industry and its growth catalysts and go to 5 Best Precious Metals Stocks to Buy Now. Long-term investors love precious metals stocks. The precious metals group – primarily consisting […]
Gold has long been regarded as a safe haven in times of market turmoil. Many investors have gained exposure to the precious metal by buying stocks of companies engaged in exploration and mining. Gold stocks, as represented by the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), have underperformed the broader market over the past year.
Kinross Gold Co. (TSE:K) (NYSE:KGC) Director Jonathon Paul Rollinson sold 538,567 shares of Kinross Gold stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, February 17th. The shares were sold at an average price of C$8.80, for a total transaction of C$4,739,389.60. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 2,341,151 shares of the company’s stock, valued at […]
Let’s talk about gold. The precious metal is the traditional safe haven investment, backed by its use – starting 5,000 years ago – as a reliable store of value. Investors looking to protect their portfolio and secure their wealth traditionally bought heavily into gold, and the price of gold has sometimes been used as a proxy (albeit an inverse one) for general economic health. In a recent report, investment firm JP Morgan took a long look at the state of the gold industry – specifically, the gold mining industry. Analyst Tyler Langton points out an underlying paradox in two basic facts about gold mines.
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
KGC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching KGCWant to do more research on Kinross Gold Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!