Kennametal Inc. (KMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KMT POWR Grades
- KMT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.1% of US stocks.
- KMT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- KMT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.17% of US stocks).
KMT Stock Summary
- KMT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 71.32 -- higher than 75.06% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- KENNAMETAL INC's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.45% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of KENNAMETAL INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 82.18% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KMT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HWKN, SXT, CSWI, HELE, and MGRC.
- Visit KMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kennametal.com.
KMT Valuation Summary
- KMT's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 45% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, KMT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 21.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KMT.
KMT Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -29.55%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.3%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -34.4%.
The table below shows KMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KMT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.75% of graded US stocks.
- KMT's asset turnover comes in at 0.733 -- ranking 46th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- CMI, NR, and WBT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KMT.
The table below shows KMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.82||52-week high||$38.36|
|Prev. close||$26.80||52-week low||$20.21|
|Day high||$26.42||Avg. volume||816,934|
|50-day MA||$23.97||Dividend yield||3.1%|
|200-day MA||$26.09||Market Cap||2.08B|
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) Company Bio
Kennametal Inc. manufactures and supplies tooling, engineered components, and advanced materials consumed in production processes worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Infrastructure. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
KMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMT Latest Social Stream
View Full KMT Social Stream
Latest KMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KENNAMETAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMT as an investment opportunity.
Does the November share price for Kennametal Inc. ( NYSE:KMT ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will estimate...
Kennametal ( NYSE:KMT ) First Quarter 2023 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$494.8m (up 2.3% from 1Q 2022). Net...
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
Kennametal's (KMT) fiscal first-quarter operating margin decreased 150 bps year over year due to high raw material costs, foreign currency exchange headwinds and temporary supply-chain disruptions.
Kennametal (KMT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -8.11% and 1.37%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
KMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|