Kennametal Inc. (KMT): Price and Financial Metrics
KMT Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 715.15, Kennametal Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.71% of US stocks.
- KMT's went public 33.35 years ago, making it older than 90.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Kennametal Inc comes in at -23.44%, a number that bests merely 16.4% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KMT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are THR, SRCL, KINS, BV, and LGF.B.
- Visit KMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kennametal.com.
KMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.85||52-week high||$41.80|
|Prev. close||$38.39||52-week low||$14.45|
|Day high||$39.61||Avg. volume||675,516|
|50-day MA||$38.05||Dividend yield||2.07%|
|200-day MA||$32.63||Market Cap||3.25B|
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) Company Bio
Kennametal Inc. manufactures and supplies tooling, engineered components, and advanced materials consumed in production processes worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Infrastructure. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
KMT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KMT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Kennametal Inc ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 98%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Kennametal Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is -0.26% -- higher than just 6.68% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Kennametal Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 36 -- greater than 92.52% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than 59.48% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMT Latest Social Stream
View Full KMT Social Stream
Latest KMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kennametal Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMT as an investment opportunity.
Kennametal (KMT) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
In this article, we shared Ariel Investments’ founder John Rogers’ top 10 stock picks. You can skip our detailed discussion of Rogers’ investment philosophy, his fund’s performance and go directly to John Rogers’ Top 5 Stock Picks. John Washington Rogers is an American hedge fund manager and investor who founded Ariel Investments in 1983. The […]
The index was trading 1.4 per cent up at 20300.94.
Kennametal (NYSE: KMT) announced today that they will attend the virtual Barclays Industrial Select Conference.
Kennametal (KMT) prices an offering of $300M principal amount of its 2.80% senior notes due March 1, 2031.The company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering, plus cash on hand, to repay or redeem its 3.875% notes due February 2022 and for general corporate purposes.Offering is expected to close on...
KMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching KMTWant to do more research on Kennametal Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!