Kennametal Inc. (KMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KMT POWR Grades
- KMT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 67.25% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KMT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- KMT ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
KMT Stock Summary
- KMT's went public 33.55 years ago, making it older than 90.71% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- KMT's current price/earnings ratio is 336.83, which is higher than 97.53% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- As for revenue growth, note that KMT's revenue has grown -19.23% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 19.95% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kennametal Inc are CNMD, MTRN, VMI, SKY, and WTS.
- KMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kennametal Inc's official web site, go to www.kennametal.com.
KMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.83||52-week high||$43.04|
|Prev. close||$41.21||52-week low||$21.78|
|Day high||$41.99||Avg. volume||641,529|
|50-day MA||$40.96||Dividend yield||1.91%|
|200-day MA||$35.82||Market Cap||3.50B|
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) Company Bio
Kennametal Inc. manufactures and supplies tooling, engineered components, and advanced materials consumed in production processes worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Infrastructure. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
KMT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kennametal Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kennametal Inc ranked in the 10th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Kennametal Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.73 years, is -0.18% -- higher than merely 9.51% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Kennametal Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 10%; for context, that number is higher than 67.81% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 66.05% of stocks in its sector (Industrials).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMT Latest Social Stream
View Full KMT Social Stream
Latest KMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kennametal Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMT as an investment opportunity.
Kennametal (NYSE: KMT) announced today that they will virtually attend the Goldman Sachs Industrials & Materials Conference.
Kennametal's (KMT) Q3 earnings decline on a y/y basis as high costs and expenses offset a slight increase in sales. It expects a mid-single-digit increase in sales on a sequential basis for Q4.
Kennametal (KMT) declares $0.20/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 1.95%Payable May 25; for shareholders of record May 11; ex-div May 10.See KMT Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Kennametal (KMT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 52.38% and 2.86%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Kennametal Inc. (NYSE: KMT) (the "Company") today reported results for its fiscal 2021 third quarter ended March 31, 2021, with earnings per diluted share (EPS) of $0.26, compared with $0.03 in the prior year quarter, and adjusted EPS of $0.32, compared with $0.46 in the prior year quarter.
KMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|