Kennametal Inc. (KMT): Price and Financial Metrics
KMT Stock Summary
- KMT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 713.29 -- higher than 94.61% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Kennametal Inc's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.54% of US equities in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Kennametal Inc comes in at -23.44%, a number that bests just 15.81% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kennametal Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ANDE, URBN, XRAY, TEX, and LOVE.
- KMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kennametal Inc's official web site, go to www.kennametal.com.
KMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.86||52-week high||$41.80|
|Prev. close||$38.29||52-week low||$14.45|
|Day high||$38.55||Avg. volume||674,356|
|50-day MA||$37.95||Dividend yield||2.09%|
|200-day MA||$32.25||Market Cap||3.08B|
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) Company Bio
Kennametal Inc. manufactures and supplies tooling, engineered components, and advanced materials consumed in production processes worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Infrastructure. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
KMT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kennametal Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kennametal Inc ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Kennametal Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.75 years comes in at -0.26%; that's greater than just 6.45% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Kennametal Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 36 -- greater than 92.27% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than 58.65% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMT Latest Social Stream
View Full KMT Social Stream
Latest KMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kennametal Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMT as an investment opportunity.
Kennametal (KMT) intends to use net proceeds from the issuance of $300 million of 2.80% senior notes for lowering its debt balance. The notes are offered at 99.939% of the principal amount.
Kennametal (KMT) prices an offering of $300M principal amount of its 2.80% senior notes due March 1, 2031.The company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering, plus cash on hand, to repay or redeem its 3.875% notes due February 2022 and for general corporate purposes.Offering is expected to close on...
On February 1, 2021, Kennametal (NYSE:KMT) announced shareholders can expect to receive a dividend payable on February 23, 2021. The stock will then go ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. Kennametal has an ex-dividend date set for for February 8, 2021. The company's current dividend payout is $0.2, which equates to a dividend yield of 2.11% at current price levels. The Significance Of Ex-Dividend Dates Ex-dividend dates signal when company shares cease to trade with their current dividend payouts. There is a small intermission period before companies announce new dividends. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record date. Investors should keep this in mind when purchasing stocks because buying them on or after ex-dividend dates does ...
Kennametal Inc., a supplier of tooling and industrial materials, reported better-than-expected second-quarter results, sending its stock up 1.7% on Monday. Kennametal’s (KMT) 2Q adjusted earnings of $0.16 per share came in ahead of the Street’s estimates of $0.09 but declined from $0.17 per share in the year-ago period. Its revenue of $440.5 million topped analysts’ expectations of $423.6 million but fell 13% year-over-year. The double-digit decline in revenue reflects a 14% drop in organic sales. Meanwhile, divestiture negatively impacted its sales by 1%. However, foreign currency exchange rates had a favorable impact on net sales.
KMT earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
KMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching KMTWant to do more research on Kennametal Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!