Kennametal Inc. (KMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KMT POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where KMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.07% of US stocks.
- KMT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- KMT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.28% of US stocks).
KMT Stock Summary
- KMT's went public 34.42 years ago, making it older than 90.62% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Kennametal Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 80.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Kennametal Inc is reporting a growth rate of 194.42%; that's higher than 89.3% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kennametal Inc are CMT, WGO, IHT, IMXI, and TRNS.
- KMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kennametal Inc's official web site, go to www.kennametal.com.
KMT Valuation Summary
- KMT's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 48.48% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- KMT's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, KMT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 41.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KMT.
KMT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 1.98%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 4.27%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -7.72%.
The table below shows KMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KMT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.75% of graded US stocks.
- KMT's asset turnover comes in at 0.733 -- ranking 46th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- CMI, NR, and WBT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KMT.
The table below shows KMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.12||52-week high||$41.22|
|Prev. close||$26.35||52-week low||$25.00|
|Day high||$26.70||Avg. volume||878,759|
|50-day MA||$27.74||Dividend yield||3.06%|
|200-day MA||$33.89||Market Cap||2.16B|
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) Company Bio
Kennametal Inc. manufactures and supplies tooling, engineered components, and advanced materials consumed in production processes worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Infrastructure. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
KMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMT Latest Social Stream
View Full KMT Social Stream
Latest KMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kennametal Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMT as an investment opportunity.
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Ideally, a business will...
No summary available.
Kennametal (NYSE: KMT) announced today that they will attend the Barclays Industrial Select Conference in Miami.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc. and Kennametal Inc
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc. and Kennametal Inc. are highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
Supply-chain and inflation woes have been concerning for players in the Zacks Manufacturing-Tools & Related Products industry. Backed by end-market strength, SWK and LECO are worth a watch now.
KMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|