Kennametal Inc. (KMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KMT POWR Grades
- KMT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 70.08% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KMT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- KMT ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
KMT Stock Summary
- Kennametal Inc's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.49% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 290, Kennametal Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.14% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of Kennametal Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 15.64% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KMT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNMD, EVI, CATO, ACEL, and NATI.
- KMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kennametal Inc's official web site, go to www.kennametal.com.
KMT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KMT's price/sales ratio is 5.56% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- Over the past 243 months, KMT's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
- KMT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 39.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KMT.
KMT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -12.5%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -58.14%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -7.72%.
The table below shows KMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.82||52-week high||$43.04|
|Prev. close||$37.94||52-week low||$26.07|
|Day high||$38.24||Avg. volume||636,528|
|50-day MA||$35.96||Dividend yield||2.21%|
|200-day MA||$37.47||Market Cap||2.99B|
Kennametal Inc. (KMT) Company Bio
Kennametal Inc. manufactures and supplies tooling, engineered components, and advanced materials consumed in production processes worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Industrial and Infrastructure. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.
KMT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kennametal Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kennametal Inc ranked in the 10th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Kennametal Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.73 years comes in at -0.18%; that's greater than just 8.97% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Kennametal Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 10%; for context, that number is higher than 70.38% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 67.05% of stocks in its sector (Industrials).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMT Latest Social Stream
View Full KMT Social Stream
Latest KMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kennametal Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMT as an investment opportunity.
Kennametal Inc. (NYSE: KMT) (the "Company") today announced fourth quarter and fiscal 2021 results. For the fourth quarter, the Company reported earnings per diluted share (EPS) of $0.41, compared with loss per diluted share (LPS) of $0.11 in the prior year quarter. The current quarter adjusted EPS was $0.53, compared with $0.15 in the prior year quarter. For fiscal 2021, the Company reported EPS of $0.65, compared with LPS of $0.07 in the prior year. Adjusted EPS was $1.04 in the current year,
Earnings results for Kennametal , Analyst Opinion on Kennametal , Earnings and Valuation of (NYSE:KMT), Stock market Insights & financial analysis, Best stock to invest, Investment Idea, The post Nothing seems to bother Kennametal (NYSE:KMT) appeared first on .
Stocks Overcome GDP, Jobless Claims Disappointments
Eaton's (ETN) Q2 earnings are expected to have benefited from strength in accretive asset acquisitions, lower share count and proper cost management.
Illinois Tool (ITW) Q2 results to reflect the impacts of healthy demand in the majority end markets served, gains from the enterprise strategy and supply-chain constraints in the automotive market.
KMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|