Loews Corp. (L): Price and Financial Metrics
L Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.32||52-week high||$63.46|
|Prev. close||$59.72||52-week low||$49.36|
|Day high||$59.81||Avg. volume||830,326|
|50-day MA||$57.62||Dividend yield||0.43%|
|200-day MA||$57.10||Market Cap||13.52B|
L Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
L POWR Grades
- L scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.05% of US stocks.
- L's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- L ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 57th percentile.
L Stock Summary
- LOEWS CORP's stock had its IPO on July 10, 1987, making it an older stock than 92.68% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of LOEWS CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of LOEWS CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 2.53% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to LOEWS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BLDR, BLD, BWA, ORI, and MT.
- L's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit LOEWS CORP's official web site, go to www.loews.com.
L Valuation Summary
- L's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 59.09% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- L's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for L.
L Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -5.42%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 7.87%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -5.42%.
The table below shows L's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
L's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- L has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.04% of graded US stocks.
- L's asset turnover comes in at 0.182 -- ranking 88th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- SIGI, UTGN, and AFG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with L.
The table below shows L's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
L Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of L, see our L price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$60.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
Loews Corp. (L) Company Bio
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (/loʊz/), often shortened toLowe's, is an American retail company specializing in home improvement. Headquartered in Mooresville, North Carolina, the company operates a chain of retail stores in the United States and Canada. As of February 2021, Lowe's and its related businesses operates 2,197 home improvement and hardware stores in North America. (Source:Wikipedia)
L Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
L Latest Social Stream
View Full L Social Stream
Latest L News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about LOEWS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate L as an investment opportunity.
Loews Senior VP of Corporate Development & Strategy Acquires 1,625% More Stock \
Those following along with Loews Corporation ( NYSE:L ) will no doubt be intrigued by the recent purchase of shares by...
10 Best Property & Casualty Insurance Stocks to Buy
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 10 best property & casualty insurance stocks to buy. To see more of these stocks, you can take a look at the 5 Best Property & Casualty Insurance Stocks to Buy. The past few years have been challenging for most industries, with a global […]
Are Loews Corporation's (NYSE:L) Fundamentals Good Enough to Warrant Buying Given The Stock's Recent Weakness?
Loews (NYSE:L) has had a rough three months with its share price down 6.6%. However, stock prices are usually driven by...
S&P 500: Nvidia Stock Is A Top Performer, While Regional Banks Skid
On Semiconductor and Nvidia were among S&P 500 winners Monday, while regional bank stocks were among the worst performers.
LOEWS CORPORATION REPORTS NET INCOME OF $375 MILLION FOR THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2023
Loews Corporation (NYSE: L) today released its first quarter 2023 financial results.
L Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching LHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Loews Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Loews Corp (L) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Loews Corp (L) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Loews Corp (L) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...