Loews Corporation (L): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
L POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where L ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.16% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for L is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- L's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 37.98% of US stocks).
L Stock Summary
- Loews Corp's stock had its IPO on July 10, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.72% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Loews Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.36% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Loews Corp is reporting a growth rate of -394.91%; that's higher than only 5.73% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Loews Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be WPP, GIL, PSO, GT, and WHR.
- Visit L's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.loews.com.
L Valuation Summary
- L's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.1; this is 5.81% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, L's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- L's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for L.
L Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -35.92%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 191.3%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.63%.
The table below shows L's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
L's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- L has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.44% of graded US stocks.
- L's asset turnover comes in at 0.184 -- ranking 88th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- SIGI, AFG, and PRU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with L.
The table below shows L's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
L Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
L Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.08||52-week high||$59.39|
|Prev. close||$57.47||52-week low||$32.75|
|Day high||$58.11||Avg. volume||871,368|
|50-day MA||$55.18||Dividend yield||0.44%|
|200-day MA||$53.41||Market Cap||14.94B|
Loews Corporation (L) Company Bio
Loews Corporation operates as a commercial property and casualty insurance company primarily in the United States. The company offers management and professional liability insurance and risk management services, and other specialized property and casualty coverages. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
L Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
L Latest Social Stream
View Full L Social Stream
Latest L News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Loews Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate L as an investment opportunity.
In this article we will analyze whether Loews Corporation (NYSE:L) is a good investment right now by following the lead of some of the best investors in the world and piggybacking their ideas. There’s no better way to get these firms’ immense resources and analytical capabilities working for us than to follow their lead into […]
Loews Hotels & Co, a wholly owned subsidiary of Loews Corporation (NYSE: L), has officially broken ground on the new $550 million Loews Arlington Hotel and Convention Center. Executives from the company were joined by Arlington Mayor Jim Ross, former Mayor Jeff Williams, Chairman & Managing Partner of the Texas Rangers Ray Davis, The Cordish Companies' Director of Communications, Cari Furman, along with members of the Arlington City Council and other community and business leaders, to recognize
Loews Stock Continues Strong 2021 Run, Earning Key Rating Upgrade, Reversing From Covid-Impacted 2020 Downturn
The end of 2020 was a turning point for diversified insurance and energy giant Loews. The 74 RS Rating means Loews stock is outperforming 74% of all stocks. The best growth stocks often have an RS Rating north of 80 as they launch their biggest runs.
Loews keeps it in the family with brand campaign - Abby Elyssa | Hotel Business Hospitality workersfrom housekeepers, to front-desk agents to the C-suiteare all focused on creating the best experience for guests and making them feel right at home, while also creating this environment for its team members. Building on this principle, Loews Hotels has introduced Welcoming You Like Family, a dynamic multichannel brand campaign, utilizing video, photography, digital experience  Loews keeps it in the family with brand campaign - Abby Elyssa appeared first on Hotel Business | Hotel Business - The leading source of hospitality news for owners, developers, designers, brokers, brands, management companies, lenders, REITs & asset managers.
By Peter Nurse
L Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|