Loews Corporation (L): Price and Financial Metrics
L Stock Summary
- Loews Corp's market capitalization of $13,074,599,480 is ahead of 85.23% of US-listed equities.
- Loews Corp's stock had its IPO on July 10, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.7% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Loews Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.82% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Loews Corp are KOF, MKL, PSO, TXT, and RNR.
- Visit L's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.loews.com.
L Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
L Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.05||52-week high||$50.85|
|Prev. close||$48.96||52-week low||$27.33|
|Day high||$50.38||Avg. volume||828,305|
|50-day MA||$47.08||Dividend yield||0.5%|
|200-day MA||$39.55||Market Cap||13.37B|
Loews Corporation (L) Company Bio
Loews Corporation operates as a commercial property and casualty insurance company primarily in the United States. The company offers management and professional liability insurance and risk management services, and other specialized property and casualty coverages. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in New York, New York.
L Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Loews Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Loews Corp ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 38.33% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for L, they are:
- 58% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 24.59% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Loews Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -1.14. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 19.69% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Loews Corp experienced a tax rate of about 23% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 93.02% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
L Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
L Latest Social Stream
View Full L Social Stream
Latest L News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Loews Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate L as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Loews Corp. slipped 1.89% to $47.81 Friday, on what proved to be an all-around grim trading session for the stock market, with the S&P 500 Index…
Shares of L Brands rose 2.7% after the bell on Feb. 24 as the company reported better-than-expected fourth quarter earnings. The owner of brands like Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works posted 4Q adjusted earnings per share (EPS) of $3.03, beating analysts’ estimate of $2.91. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.82 billion, up 2.4% year-on-year versus the consensus estimate of $4.87 billion. L Brands (LB) CEO, Andrew Meslow said, “We experienced consistent strength at Bath & Body Works along with continued significant improvement in performance at Victoria’s Secret.
With many value-oriented stocks making a comeback in recent months, investors may want to check out an old-style approach to the discipline: buying stocks with low price/book ratios. Barron’s screened the S&P 500 with the help of FactSet for companies with low stock prices relative to tangible book value. Buying stocks based on low price/book ratios harks back to value-investing legend Benjamin Graham, who was the inspiration for a young Warren Buffett during the middle of the 20th century.
Loews Corp (NYSE: L) Q4 2020 earnings call dated Feb. 08, 2021 Corporate Participants: Mary Skafidas — Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communication James S. Tisch — President and Chief Executive Officer David […] The post Loews Corp (L) Q4 2020 Earnings Call first appeared on AlphaStreet .
Loews (NYSE:L) declared a dividend payable on March 9, 2021 to its shareholders as of February 9, 2021. It was also announced that shareholders of Loews's stock as of February 24, 2021 are entitled to the dividend. The stock is expected to become ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. Loews, whose current dividend payout is $0.06, has an ex-dividend date set at February 23, 2021. The payout equates to a dividend yield of 0.52% at current price levels. What Are Ex-Dividend Dates? Ex-dividend dates are when company shares stop trading with their current dividend payouts in preparation for those companies to announce new ones. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record date. Investors should keep this in mind when purchasing stocks because...
L Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching LHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Loews Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!