Loews Corporation (L): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
L POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where L ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for L is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- L ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
L Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 2,712.35, Loews Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 98.59% of US stocks.
- L's went public 33.87 years ago, making it older than 91.86% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Loews Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Loews Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be XYL, NWE, SUM, STNE, and KBR.
- Visit L's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.loews.com.
L Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
L Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.93||52-week high||$59.39|
|Prev. close||$58.15||52-week low||$28.16|
|Day high||$59.21||Avg. volume||864,342|
|50-day MA||$53.88||Dividend yield||0.42%|
|200-day MA||$44.25||Market Cap||15.51B|
Loews Corporation (L) Company Bio
Loews Corporation operates as a commercial property and casualty insurance company primarily in the United States. The company offers management and professional liability insurance and risk management services, and other specialized property and casualty coverages. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in New York, New York.
L Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Loews Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Loews Corp ranked in the 77th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 224.67%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for L, they are:
- Loews Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 14%; for context, that number is higher than 88.72% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Loews Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -1.14. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 20.44% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Loews Corp experienced a tax rate of about 23% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 93.58% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
L Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
L Latest Social Stream
View Full L Social Stream
Latest L News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Loews Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate L as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Colonial Pipeline Co. paid nearly $5 million to Eastern European hackers on Friday, contradicting reports earlier this week that the company had no intention of paying an extortion fee to help restore the country’s largest fuel pipeline, according to two people familiar with the transaction.The company paid the hefty ransom in difficult-to-trace cryptocurrency within hours after the attack, underscoring the immense pressure faced by the Georgia-based operator to get gasoline and jet fuel flowing again to major cities along the Eastern Seaboard, those people said. A third person familiar with the situation said U.S. government officials are aware that Colonial made the payment.Once they received the payment, the hackers provided the operator with a decrypting tool to resto...
American fashion retailer L Brands (LB) plans to split into two publicly traded companies in a restructuring it hopes will enhance long-term value for investors. The split will result in Victoria's Secret, a lingerie and beauty retailer, and Bath & Body Works, a specialty fragrance retailer, becoming independent publicly traded companies. L Brands plans to process the Victoria's Secret spin-off in a manner that will avoid tax consequences for its shareholders. The company believes the separation will allow the units to thrive in a retail environment that is evolving.
Loews (L) declares $0.0625/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 0.43%Payable June 8; for shareholders of record May 26; ex-div May 25.See L Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Image source: The Motley Fool. Loews Corp (NYSE: L)Q1 2021 Earnings CallMay 3, 2021, 10:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood day, and thank you for standing by.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 3, 2021 / Loews Corp. (NYSE:L) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
L Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|