Loews Corporation (L): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
L POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where L ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.74% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for L is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 160 days.
- L's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 46.28% of US stocks).
L Stock Summary
- L's went public 34.55 years ago, making it older than 91.7% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Loews Corp is reporting a growth rate of -427.68%; that's higher than merely 4.71% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, L is more volatile than only 3.52% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Loews Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be GIL, WPP, FMS, NWSA, and PSO.
- Visit L's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.loews.com.
L Valuation Summary
- L's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.1; this is 5.81% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, L's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- L's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for L.
L Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -20.32%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 27.77%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 59.57%.
The table below shows L's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
L's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- L has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.04% of graded US stocks.
- L's asset turnover comes in at 0.182 -- ranking 88th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- SIGI, UTGN, and AFG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with L.
The table below shows L's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
L Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
L Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.06||52-week high||$61.93|
|Prev. close||$60.91||52-week low||$45.11|
|Day high||$61.10||Avg. volume||548,249|
|50-day MA||$57.52||Dividend yield||0.41%|
|200-day MA||$56.00||Market Cap||15.24B|
Loews Corporation (L) Company Bio
Loews Corporation operates as a commercial property and casualty insurance company primarily in the United States. The company offers management and professional liability insurance and risk management services, and other specialized property and casualty coverages. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
L Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
L Latest Social Stream
View Full L Social Stream
Latest L News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Loews Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate L as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Legacy Bridge, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys JPMorgan Equity Premium Income ETF, Innovator S&P Investment Grade Preferred ETF, Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc, Global X Lithium & Battery Tech ETF, Walmart Inc, sells , NVIDIA Corp, Vanguard Short-Term Government Bond ETF, iShares 0-5 Year TIPS Bond ETF, Schwab Short-Term U.S.
Loews' (NYSE:L) stock is up by 7.0% over the past three months. However, we decided to study the company's mixed-bag of...
In the current session, Loews Inc. (NYSE: L ) is trading at $59.64, after a 0.42% increase. Over the past month, the stock increased by 5.09%, and in the past year, by 27.66%. With performance like this, long-term shareholders are optimistic but others are more likely to look into the price-to-earnings ratio to see if the stock might be overvalued. Assuming that all other factors are held constant, this could present itself as an opportunity for shareholders trying to capitalize on the higher Full story available on Benzinga.com
A look at 2 insurance companies trading at discounts to their intrinsic values and pay a higher-than-typical dividend yield
Loews (NYSE:L) and Metromile (NASDAQ:MILE) are both finance companies, but which is the better investment? We will compare the two businesses based on the strength of their risk, analyst recommendations, dividends, institutional ownership, earnings, valuation and profitability. Institutional and Insider Ownership 59.1% of Loews shares are owned by institutional investors. Comparatively, 51.0% of Metromile shares 
L Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|