Loews Corporation (L): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
L POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where L ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.58% of US stocks.
- L's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- L's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 21.3% of US stocks).
L Stock Summary
- Loews Corp's stock had its IPO on July 10, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.78% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Loews Corp is reporting a growth rate of -521.22%; that's higher than merely 3.85% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Loews Corp's share price is greater than that of only 14.01% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Loews Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be WPP, TXT, WHR, MKL, and AEG.
- L's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Loews Corp's official web site, go to www.loews.com.
L Valuation Summary
- L's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.1; this is 5.81% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, L's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- L's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for L.
L Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -108.09%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -45.57%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 204.87%.
The table below shows L's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
L's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- L has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.04% of graded US stocks.
- L's asset turnover comes in at 0.182 -- ranking 88th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- SIGI, UTGN, and AFG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with L.
The table below shows L's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
L Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
L Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.15||52-week high||$68.20|
|Prev. close||$59.26||52-week low||$51.35|
|Day high||$60.19||Avg. volume||889,927|
|50-day MA||$62.39||Dividend yield||0.42%|
|200-day MA||$59.88||Market Cap||14.80B|
Loews Corporation (L) Company Bio
Loews Corporation operates as a commercial property and casualty insurance company primarily in the United States. The company offers management and professional liability insurance and risk management services, and other specialized property and casualty coverages. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
L Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
L Latest Social Stream
View Full L Social Stream
Latest L News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Loews Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate L as an investment opportunity.
The S&P 500 is down 8.94% year-to-date.
Memphis Tourism CEO Kevin Kane still bullish on hotel pipeline, even with Loews development departure
“We’re going to have to fill in [the loss of Loews] with existing hotels, other properties that have come online, and properties on the drawing board for Downtown Memphis."
Loews (NYSE:L) declares $0.0625/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 0.41%Payable March 8; for shareholders of record Feb. 23; ex-div Feb.
Moody's also upgraded the senior unsecured ratings of Gulf South Pipeline Company, LLC (Gulf South) and Texas Gas Transmission, LLC (Texas Gas) to Baa1 from Baa2. The rating outlook for all three entities is stable.
Loews Corp. (L) on Monday reported fourth-quarter net income of $343 million or $1.37 per share, down from $397 million or $1.45 per share in the prior-year quarter.
L Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|