Lazard LTD. (LAZ): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LAZ POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where LAZ ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LAZ is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- LAZ's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.59% of US stocks).
LAZ Stock Summary
- Lazard Ltd's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 85.47% of US listed stocks.
- LAZ's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 86.32% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for LAZ comes in at 14.54% -- higher than that of 88.35% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Lazard Ltd are ARCB, BGFV, KIRK, VRTV, and DXLG.
- Visit LAZ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.lazard.com.
LAZ Valuation Summary
- LAZ's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 43.75% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- LAZ's price/earnings ratio has moved up 7.4 over the prior 198 months.
- Over the past 198 months, LAZ's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LAZ.
LAZ Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 79.33%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -74.58%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -33.05%.
The table below shows LAZ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LAZ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LAZ has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.82% of graded US stocks.
- LAZ's asset turnover comes in at 0.486 -- ranking 44th of 444 Trading stocks.
- WHG, COR, and LAMR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LAZ.
The table below shows LAZ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LAZ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LAZ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.66||52-week high||$53.00|
|Prev. close||$39.10||52-week low||$30.72|
|Day high||$39.66||Avg. volume||780,995|
|50-day MA||$34.67||Dividend yield||5.04%|
|200-day MA||$38.25||Market Cap||4.17B|
Lazard LTD. (LAZ) Company Bio
Lazard Ltd. provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, strategic matters, restructuring and capital structure, capital raising and corporate finance, as well as asset management services to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments and individuals. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Most Popular Stories View All
LAZ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LAZ Latest Social Stream
View Full LAZ Social Stream
Latest LAZ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Lazard Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LAZ as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK & MEXICO CITY, February 23, 2022--Lazard Ltd (NYSE: LAZ) announced today that Emilio Mahuad has joined the firm as Chief Executive Officer of Lazard’s Mexico Financial Advisory business, effective immediately. He is based in Mexico City.
A former employee of investment bank Lazard was sentenced on Friday to an 18-month suspended jail term by a German court after being found guilty of insider trading, a court spokesperson said. The ruling by the Frankfurt regional court came after the ex-employee was charged in 2021 for passing on tips about upcoming takeovers of listed firms to the former head of an insurance company for almost two years. The recipient of the tips on Friday separately received a harsher sentence of three years and eight months, according to BaFin, Germany's market regulator, which had reported the individual to prosecutors and aided them in court proceedings.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) -A former employee of investment bank Lazard was sentenced on Friday to an 18-month suspended jail term by a German court after being found guilty of insider trading, a court spokesperson said. The ruling by the Frankfurt regional court came after the ex-employee was charged in 2021 for passing on tips about upcoming takeovers of listed firms to the former head of an insurance company for almost two years. The recipient of the tips on Friday separately received a harsher sentence of three years and eight months, according to BaFin, Germany's market regulator, which had reported the individual to prosecutors and aided them in court proceedings.
Lazard's (LAZ) January AUM is down 5.5% to $258.7 billion due to market depreciation, lower fixed income and weak equity asset balances.
NEW YORK, February 10, 2022--Lazard Ltd (NYSE: LAZ) reported today that its preliminary assets under management ("AUM") as of January 31, 2022 totaled approximately $258.7 billion. The month’s AUM included market depreciation of $9.5 billion, net outflows of $4.1 billion and foreign exchange depreciation of $1.5 billion.
LAZ Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|