Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LH POWR Grades
- LH scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.18% of US stocks.
- LH's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- LH ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
LH Stock Summary
- LH has a higher market value than 90.35% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $28,675,144,000.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 2.58, Laboratory Corp Of America Holdings is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 10.98% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Laboratory Corp Of America Holdings is reporting a growth rate of 385.74%; that's higher than 94.04% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EFX, DGX, CBRE, EXPD, and FOXA.
- Visit LH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.labcorp.com.
LH Valuation Summary
- LH's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.2; this is 72.01% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- LH's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 10.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, LH's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LH.
LH Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 32.71%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 46.82%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 108.34%.
The table below shows LH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LH has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.18% of graded US stocks.
- LH's asset turnover comes in at 0.823 -- ranking 30th of 80 Healthcare stocks.
- BIOC, TDOC, and MGLN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LH.
The table below shows LH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$299.70||52-week high||$309.60|
|Prev. close||$296.80||52-week low||$176.49|
|Day high||$300.73||Avg. volume||676,196|
|50-day MA||$294.65||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$255.90||Market Cap||28.89B|
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH) Company Bio
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings operates as an independent clinical laboratory company worldwide. The company offers a range of clinical laboratory tests and procedures, such as blood chemistry analysis, urinalysis, blood cell counts, thyroid tests, Pap tests, hemoglobin A1C, PSA, STD tests, HCV tests, microbiology cultures and procedures, and alcohol and other substance-abuse tests that are used by the medical profession in core testing, patient diagnosis, and in the monitoring and treatment of diseases. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Burlington, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
LH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LH Latest Social Stream
View Full LH Social Stream
Latest LH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Laboratory Corp Of America Holdings that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LH as an investment opportunity.
BURLINGTON, N.C., September 13, 2021--Labcorp (NYSE: LH), a leading global life sciences company, today announced that it has closed its acquisition of select operating assets and intellectual property (IP) from Myriad Genetics’ autoimmune business unit, including the Vectra® rheumatoid arthritis (RA) assay.
While the vaccine requirements will affect tens of millions of Americans, they likely won't have a near-term impact on vaccine makers.
BURLINGTON, N.C., September 08, 2021--Labcorp (NYSE: LH), a leading global life sciences company, today announced that members of its executive management team will participate in a virtual fireside chat at the Morgan Stanley 19th Annual Global Healthcare Conference on Monday, Sept. 13 at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Laboratory Corp of America Holdings said on Thursday it has increased the minimum hourly wage for U.S.-based employees to $15, joining several other companies in implementing new measures to retain staff amid a nationwide labor shortage. Other U.S. companies such as Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc , CVS Health Corp and Walmart also raised the minimum 
Laboratory Corp of America Holdings said it has increased the minimum hourly wage for U.S.-based employees to $15 from $10.95, joining several other companies in implementing new measures to retain staff amid a nationwide labor shortage. The diagnostic tests maker, which has more than 70,000 employees, said on Thursday the new minimum wage for non-union employees is effective this month. Other U.S. companies such as Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc , CVS Health Corp and Walmart also raised the minimum hourly wages for employees in recent weeks.
LH Price Returns
Continue Researching LHHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Laboratory Corp Of America Holdings's stock as an investment opportunity:
Laboratory Corp Of America Holdings (LH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Laboratory Corp Of America Holdings (LH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Laboratory Corp Of America Holdings (LH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch