Landstar System, Inc. (LSTR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LSTR POWR Grades
- LSTR scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.6% of US stocks.
- LSTR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- LSTR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 10.74% of US stocks).
LSTR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for LSTR is 8.83 -- better than 96.21% of US stocks.
- The volatility of LANDSTAR SYSTEM INC's share price is greater than that of only 15.18% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for LSTR comes in at 7.67% -- higher than that of 81.6% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to LANDSTAR SYSTEM INC are WNC, ACEL, PLCE, AMN, and PRG.
- Visit LSTR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.landstar.com.
LSTR Valuation Summary
- LSTR's price/earnings ratio is 14.4; this is 33.02% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- LSTR's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LSTR.
LSTR Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 64.36%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 81.46%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 66.39%.
The table below shows LSTR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LSTR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LSTR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.16% of graded US stocks.
- LSTR's asset turnover comes in at 3.441 -- ranking 2nd of 137 Transportation stocks.
- SNDR, CVLG, and MATX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LSTR.
The table below shows LSTR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LSTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LSTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$185.49||52-week high||$188.46|
|Prev. close||$183.01||52-week low||$137.15|
|Day high||$185.99||Avg. volume||304,252|
|50-day MA||$170.27||Dividend yield||0.66%|
|200-day MA||$155.74||Market Cap||6.66B|
Landstar System, Inc. (LSTR) Company Bio
Landstar System Inc. is a worldwide, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity owners and employees. The company serves automotive products, building products, metals, chemicals, foodstuffs, heavy machinery, retail, electronics, ammunition and explosives, and military equipment industries, as well as offers transportation services to other transportation companies, including logistics and less-than-truckload service providers. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
LSTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LSTR Latest Social Stream
View Full LSTR Social Stream
Latest LSTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about LANDSTAR SYSTEM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LSTR as an investment opportunity.
Landstar System ( NASDAQ:LSTR ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$7.44b (up 14% from FY 2021...
Landstar System, Inc. (NASDAQ:LSTR) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 2, 2023 Operator: Good morning, and welcome to Landstar System Incorporated Year-End 2022 Earnings Release Conference Call. All lines will be in a listen-only mode until the formal question-and-answer session. Today’s call is being recorded. If you have any objections, you may disconnect at this […]
Landstar System's (LSTR) fourth-quarter 2022 earnings and revenues decreased year over year.
Landstar System Inc. managed to notch a record-setting year in 2022 — but hitting that goal wasn't helped by the fourth quarter, which saw a decline in revenue and diluted earnings per share. The Jacksonville-based Fortune 500 transportation company reported $1.675 billion in revenue for the fourth quarter, a drop from the $1.945 billion it posted in the 2021 fourth quarter. For the fourth quarter — which included an extra week compared to last year — the company had said it anticipated revenue of $1.775 billion to $1.825 billion, with earnings per share between $2.60 and $2.70.
Landstar (LSTR) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -0.76% and 5.30%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
LSTR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|