Landstar System, Inc. (LSTR): Price and Financial Metrics
LSTR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for LSTR is 5.97 -- better than 93.77% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for LSTR is currently 29.6, higher than 83.05% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The volatility of Landstar System Inc's share price is greater than that of just 20.22% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Landstar System Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ODP, EME, SUNW, UNF, and UAA.
- LSTR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Landstar System Inc's official web site, go to www.landstar.com.
LSTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LSTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$165.39||52-week high||$166.01|
|Prev. close||$162.51||52-week low||$85.30|
|Day high||$166.01||Avg. volume||297,072|
|50-day MA||$148.20||Dividend yield||0.52%|
|200-day MA||$130.57||Market Cap||6.35B|
Landstar System, Inc. (LSTR) Company Bio
Landstar System Inc. is a worldwide, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity owners and employees. The company serves automotive products, building products, metals, chemicals, foodstuffs, heavy machinery, retail, electronics, ammunition and explosives, and military equipment industries, as well as offers transportation services to other transportation companies, including logistics and less-than-truckload service providers. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
LSTR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Landstar System Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Landstar System Inc ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for LSTR, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 63.99 -- which is good for besting 94.46% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 12.73% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- LSTR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 48.64% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
LSTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LSTR Latest Social Stream
View Full LSTR Social Stream
Latest LSTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Landstar System Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LSTR as an investment opportunity.
It's been a little over four months since I recommended selling Landstar System Inc. (LSTR), and in that time the shares are up about 13.5% against a gain of just under 15% for the S&P 500. I thought I'd check in on the name again to see if it's time...
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Feb. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Landstar System, Inc. (NASDAQ:LSTR) announced today its participation in the Stifel 2021 Virtual Transportation and Logistics Conference. Landstar’s fireside chat discussion begins at 10 a.m. EST on Tuesday, February 9. It will be broadcast live via the Internet at www.investor.landstar.com; click on "Webcasts." The Stifel presentation will be available on Landstar’s website through February 16. For more information about the presentations or webcasts, please contact Landstar’s Investor Relations department at 904-390-1334 or email [email protected] About Landstar: Landstar System, Inc. is a worldwide, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to ...
Strength in truckload demand has held up through the first few weeks of 2021, according to management at freight broker Landstar System Inc. (NASDAQ: LSTR). …
Truck broker Landstar System Inc. (NASDAQ: LSTR ) reported record earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2020 at $1.70. The result included a one-time cost of $15.5 million, or 31 cents, to buy out the legacy compensation plans of independent sales agents. Excluding the charge, the quarter came in well ahead of the $1.73 consensus estimate and management's raised outlook ahead of an appearance at an investor conference in November, which suggested results would be "slightly above" the prior range of $1.61 to $1.71. "Landstar's 2020 fourth-quarter performance was outstanding. Revenue, gross profit and diluted earnings per share were each all-time quarterly records," said President and CEO Jim Gattoni. The Jacksonville, Florida-based company reported revenue of $1.3 billion in the q...
Landstar's (LSTR) Q4 results benefit from strong performances of the truck transportation, rail intermodal, and ocean and air cargo carriers segments.
LSTR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching LSTRWant to see what other sources are saying about Landstar System Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!