Landstar System, Inc. (LSTR): Price and Financial Metrics
LSTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$179.36||52-week high||$208.62|
|Prev. close||$180.53||52-week low||$160.05|
|Day high||$182.12||Avg. volume||236,089|
|50-day MA||$172.84||Dividend yield||0.73%|
|200-day MA||$181.81||Market Cap||6.45B|
LSTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LSTR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where LSTR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.06% of US stocks.
- LSTR's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- LSTR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.47% of US stocks).
LSTR Stock Summary
- LANDSTAR SYSTEM INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.82% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -40.41%, LANDSTAR SYSTEM INC's debt growth rate surpasses only 7.5% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, LSTR is more volatile than only 8.84% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to LANDSTAR SYSTEM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PTSI, CNET, PRG, APEI, and EXPD.
- Visit LSTR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.landstar.com.
LSTR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, LSTR's price/sales ratio is 8.33% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- LSTR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LSTR.
LSTR Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 50.23%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 22.97%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -17.75%.
The table below shows LSTR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LSTR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LSTR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.16% of graded US stocks.
- LSTR's asset turnover comes in at 3.441 -- ranking 2nd of 137 Transportation stocks.
- SNDR, CVLG, and MATX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LSTR.
The table below shows LSTR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Landstar System, Inc. (LSTR) Company Bio
Landstar System Inc. is a worldwide, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity owners and employees. The company serves automotive products, building products, metals, chemicals, foodstuffs, heavy machinery, retail, electronics, ammunition and explosives, and military equipment industries, as well as offers transportation services to other transportation companies, including logistics and less-than-truckload service providers. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
LSTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LSTR Latest Social Stream
View Full LSTR Social Stream
Latest LSTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about LANDSTAR SYSTEM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LSTR as an investment opportunity.
The increase in share repurchase program and the announcement of a special one-time cash dividend by Landstar (LSTR) highlights its financial bliss.
Landstar's (LSTR) president and chief executive officer, Jim Gattoni, is retiring from both positions after serving for almost 30 years.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Dec. 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Landstar System, Inc. (NASDAQ-LSTR), a technology-enabled, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation logistics services, announced that on December 4, 2023, its Board of Directors increased the number of shares of its common stock that the Company is authorized to purchase under its stock purchase program to 3,000,000. The increase to the share purchase program reflects
Broker Landstar System announced Monday after the market closed that its CEO Jim Gattoni will be stepping down early next year. The post Landstar CEO Jim Gattoni to retire appeared first on FreightWaves.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Dec. 04, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Landstar System, Inc. (Nasdaq: LSTR), a technology-enabled, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services, announced today that its Board of Directors has named Frank A. Lonegro as President and Chief Executive Officer, effective February 2, 2024. James B. Gattoni, who currently serves as President and CEO, will continue to serve in that role through the date of the
LSTR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|