La-Z-Boy Incorporated (LZB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LZB POWR Grades
- LZB scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for LZB is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- LZB's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 26.91% of US stocks).
LZB Stock Summary
- La-Z-Boy Inc's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.25% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of La-Z-Boy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.79% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, LZB is more volatile than merely 14.43% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to La-Z-Boy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be FIX, WIRE, STC, JOUT, and GOLF.
- LZB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit La-Z-Boy Inc's official web site, go to www.la-z-boy.com.
LZB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, LZB's price/sales ratio is 70.97% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- LZB's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, LZB's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LZB.
LZB Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 8.06%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 41.89%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 88.7%.
The table below shows LZB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LZB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LZB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.41||52-week high||$46.74|
|Prev. close||$33.17||52-week low||$27.44|
|Day high||$33.70||Avg. volume||421,021|
|50-day MA||$38.70||Dividend yield||1.81%|
|200-day MA||$40.01||Market Cap||1.51B|
La-Z-Boy Incorporated (LZB) Company Bio
La-Z-Boy Incorporated manufactures, markets, imports, distributes, and retails upholstery furniture products, accessories, and casegoods furniture products in the United States, Canada, and internationally. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Monroe, Michigan.
LZB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for La-Z-Boy Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that La-Z-Boy Inc ranked in the 85th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 530.17% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of La-Z-Boy Inc, consider:
- LZB's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 25.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
- La-Z-Boy Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 72.06. This coverage rate is greater than that of 93.42% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, La-Z-Boy Inc experienced a tax rate of about 25% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than 80.55% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
LZB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LZB Latest Social Stream
View Full LZB Social Stream
Latest LZB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about La-Z-Boy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LZB as an investment opportunity.
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
Tipperary Sales, d.b.a. La-Z-Boy Southeast, recently received a bevy of national acknowledgements from national trade publication, Furniture Today, and La-Z-Boy, Inc.
Bed Bath & Beyond is proving that it remains a favorite among meme stock traders.
Shares of Roblox (NYSE: RBLX) drop after the company reports a decrease in daily active users as well as spending. In this episode of MarketFoolery, Motley Fool analyst Maria Gallagher looks at those stories and discusses eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) selling its division in South Korea for $3.6 billion. To catch full episodes of all The Motley Fool's free podcasts, check out our podcast center.
Leaving the lounging to its customers, well-known furniture maker La-Z-Boy (NYSE: LZB) is emerging from the tail end of the COVID-19 lockdowns with a surge of orders, sales, and growth. Even though its stock price took an 11.
LZB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|