Mastercard Incorporated (MA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MA POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MA is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- MA's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 9.24% of US stocks).
MA Stock Summary
- MASTERCARD INC's market capitalization of $333,310,784,438 is ahead of 99.65% of US-listed equities.
- MA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 246.03 -- higher than 88.08% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/sales ratio of 14.99, MASTERCARD INC has a higher such ratio than 93.25% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JPM, WMT, KO, PG, and UNH.
- MA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MASTERCARD INC's official web site, go to www.mastercard.com.
MA Valuation Summary
- MA's price/sales ratio is 15; this is 1400% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MA's price/sales ratio has moved up 13.5 over the prior 205 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MA.
MA Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 49%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 90.12%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 28.8%.
The table below shows MA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.3% of graded US stocks.
- MA's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 317th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- SABR, BGSF, and ACM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MA.
The table below shows MA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MA Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MA, see our MA price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$438.51||Average Broker Recommendation||1.41 (Moderate Buy)|
MA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$354.57||52-week high||$390.00|
|Prev. close||$349.32||52-week low||$276.87|
|Day high||$356.20||Avg. volume||2,937,272|
|50-day MA||$365.01||Dividend yield||0.65%|
|200-day MA||$339.53||Market Cap||337.99B|
Mastercard Incorporated (MA) Company Bio
Mastercard provides transaction processing, including authorization, clearing, and settlement, as well as delivers related products and services. The company was founded in 1966 and is based in Purchase, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MA Latest Social Stream
View Full MA Social Stream
Latest MA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MASTERCARD INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MA as an investment opportunity.
Pornhub owner MindGeek sold to Canada's Ethical Capital
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Luxembourg-based MindGeek has been a centerpiece in the adult entertainment industry since the advent of video streaming, but concerns over the company's business model triggered the departure of its top management last year. Pornhub, MindGeek's flagship site, was also cut off by Visa and Mastercard's payment networks in 2020 following investigations that identified unlawful content on the platform.
Join the 2023 Global Inclusive Growth Summit Livestream
The Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth
US attorneys general condemn credit-card firms for backtracking on gun sale code
A coalition of 14 attorneys general condemned payment networks majors including Visa Inc, American Express Co and Mastercard Inc for pausing work on a merchant code to help detect suspicious gun sales in the United States. The group, led by New Jersey AG Matthew Platkin, condemned the firms for buckling under political pressure, in a letter sent to the chief executives of the companies, and called their action "unjustifiable" on Thursday. Visa, Mastercard and American Express did not immediately respond to Reuters requests for comment.
With EPS Growth And More, Mastercard (NYSE:MA) Makes An Interesting Case
It's common for many investors, especially those who are inexperienced, to buy shares in companies with a good story...
3 Stocks You Can Confidently Buy After a Market Downturn
These long-term winners can present compelling investment opportunities should the market head south.
MA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MAWant to see what other sources are saying about Mastercard Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Mastercard Inc (MA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mastercard Inc (MA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mastercard Inc (MA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...