Mastercard Incorporated (MA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.14% of US stocks.
- MA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MA ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
MA Stock Summary
- MA has a higher market value than 99.63% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $360,077,283,088.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Mastercard Inc is higher than 91.7% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of Mastercard Inc's share price is greater than that of only 5.23% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BAC, UNH, WMT, PG, and DIS.
- MA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mastercard Inc's official web site, go to www.mastercard.com.
MA Valuation Summary
In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MA's price/earnings ratio is 327.8% higher, now standing at 55.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MA.
MA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$365.50||52-week high||$401.50|
|Prev. close||$364.30||52-week low||$281.20|
|Day high||$366.85||Avg. volume||3,901,028|
|50-day MA||$372.18||Dividend yield||0.48%|
|200-day MA||$348.49||Market Cap||362.23B|
Mastercard Incorporated (MA) Company Bio
Mastercard provides transaction processing, including authorization, clearing, and settlement, as well as delivers related products and services. The company was founded in 1966 and is based in Purchase, New York.
MA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Mastercard Inc ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mastercard Inc, consider:
- As a business, MA is generating more cash flow than 94.28% of positive cash flow stocks in the Financial Services.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 4% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 14.97% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- MA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 49.87% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MA Latest Social Stream
View Full MA Social Stream
Latest MA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mastercard Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MA as an investment opportunity.
We take a sneak peek into four stocks - MA, V, GPN and AXP. These are well-poised for growth amid a gradual rise in consumer spending, possibly hinting towards recovery of the U.S. economy.
Improved traffic and consumer demand trends raise optimism for the back-to-school season. Dillard's (DDS), Zumiez (ZUMZ), L Brands (LB), Kohl's (KSS) and Sally Beauty (SBH) are promising bets.
Ted Rossman, Bankrate.com and CreditCards.Com Sr. Industry Analyst joined, Yahoo Finance to discuss credit card companies pull out eye-popping sign-on bonuses to capture post-pandemic spending.
Retailers will fare well selling jeans, backpacks and hoodies for the 2021 back-to-school season as in-classroom learning resumes.
Mastercard (MA) expands its reach in the digital identification space with the acquisition of Ekata.
MA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|