Macerich Company (The) (MAC): Price and Financial Metrics
MAC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Macerich Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MAC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.83% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MAC comes in at -22.38% -- higher than that of just 10.79% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Macerich Co, a group of peers worth examining would be EGP, ALE, PNW, PDM, and HTA.
- MAC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Macerich Co's official web site, go to www.macerich.com.
MAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.00||52-week high||$25.99|
|Prev. close||$13.00||52-week low||$4.54|
|Day high||$13.42||Avg. volume||10,095,093|
|50-day MA||$13.00||Dividend yield||4.62%|
|200-day MA||$9.52||Market Cap||2.01B|
Macerich Company (The) (MAC) Company Bio
The Macerich Company engages in the acquisition, ownership, development, redevelopment, management and leasing of regional and community shopping centers located throughout the United States. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in Santa Monica, California.
MAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MAC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Macerich Co ranked in the 9th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MAC, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is -2.05; that's higher than just 6.31% of US stocks in the Real Estate sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.81 years, is -0.11% -- higher than only 13.19% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 23% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 5.1% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MAC Latest Social Stream
View Full MAC Social Stream
Latest MAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Macerich Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MAC as an investment opportunity.
Short interest rates can be used to predict the potential direction of an individual stock. When stocks have a high short interest rate that's a good indicator that investors believe their share prices will decline soon. Here are the stocks on the market with the highest short interest including Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Macerich, Mallinckrodt PLC, and Briggs & Stratton Corp. 1. Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc - 62.24% Ligand Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: LGND ) is a biopharmaceutical company that develops and acquires technologies to benefit pharmaceutical companies. Their primary focus is on drug discovery, early-stage drug development, product reformulation, and partnering. Ligand Pharmaceuticals has consistently had one of the highest short interest … Full story ava...
The investment bank will advise the REIT on options for a $1.5 billion revolving credit facility that comes due in July.
In my previous article "Malls Are Not Dead", I discussed why the retail apocalypse has been over-exaggerated and how Class A malls are in a strong position to adapt to the changes in consumer trends. In this article, I will elaborate on why Macerich (MAC), one of the Class A...
Amazon will not swallow the retail world It has become increasingly popular for the financial press to push the idea of the Amazon Retail Apocalypse. In this currently fashionable theory, Amazon's online offerings expand to include every retail article, except perhaps gasoline, and all retail stores, especially those found in...
On January 28, 2021, Macerich (NYSE:MAC) declared a dividend payable on March 3, 2021 to its shareholders. Macerich also announced that shareholders on the company's books on or before February 19, 2021 are entitled to the dividend. The stock will then go ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. Macerich, which has a current dividend per share of $0.15, has an ex-dividend date scheduled for February 18, 2021. That equates to a dividend yield of 2.68% at current price levels. Understanding Ex-Dividend Dates' An ex-dividend date is when a company's shares stop trading with its current dividend payout in preparation for the company to announce a new one. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record date. Investors should keep this in mind when...
MAC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MACWant to see what other sources are saying about Macerich Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!