Macerich Company (The) (MAC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MAC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MAC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 33.64% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MAC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MAC's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.15% of US stocks).
MAC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Macerich Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.04% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MAC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.08% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, MAC has reported earnings growth of -212.82%, putting it ahead of only 9.77% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Macerich Co, a group of peers worth examining would be LMPX, BPMP, TRQ, KNOP, and WLKP.
- Visit MAC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.macerich.com.
MAC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, MAC's price/sales ratio is 32.84% lower, now standing at 4.5.
- Over the past 243 months, MAC's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.
- Over the past 243 months, MAC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 32.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MAC.
MAC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -412.2%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -88.53%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -89.08%.
The table below shows MAC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.67||52-week high||$25.99|
|Prev. close||$16.45||52-week low||$6.42|
|Day high||$16.50||Avg. volume||6,840,968|
|50-day MA||$17.23||Dividend yield||3.68%|
|200-day MA||$13.31||Market Cap||2.81B|
Macerich Company (The) (MAC) Company Bio
The Macerich Company engages in the acquisition, ownership, development, redevelopment, management and leasing of regional and community shopping centers located throughout the United States. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in Santa Monica, California.
MAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Macerich Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Macerich Co ranked in the 7th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MAC, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 27. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 9.69% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Real Estate sector.
- Macerich Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Macerich Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3.44. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 12.22% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MAC Latest Social Stream
View Full MAC Social Stream
Latest MAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Macerich Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MAC as an investment opportunity.
The Board of Directors of the Macerich Company (NYSE: MAC) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $.15 per share of common stock. The dividend is payable on September 8, 2021 to stockholders of record at the close of business on August 19, 2021.
The mall REIT sector is shaking out, and it's much clearer who the survivors will be. But there are still risks, so tread carefully.
We at Insider Monkey have gone over 866 13F filings that hedge funds and prominent investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F filings show the funds’ and investors’ portfolio positions as of March 31st. In this article, we look at what those funds think of The Macerich Company (NYSE:MAC) based on that […]
It was a simple statement from a fashion retailer with a big mall presence. But it helps explain why malls are still alive and well.
WHAT: Macerich (NYSE: MAC) Schedules Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Release
MAC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|