Mattel, Inc. (MAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MAT POWR Grades
- MAT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 82.18% of US stocks.
- MAT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- MAT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 33.64% of US stocks).
MAT Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MAT is 10.26 -- better than 97.03% of US stocks.
- MAT's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 95.68% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, MAT has reported earnings growth of 2,864.91%, putting it ahead of 99.37% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mattel Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be JRVR, ORI, ATH, ESGR, and ITRN.
- Visit MAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mattel.com.
MAT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MAT's price/sales ratio is 54.84% lower, now standing at 1.4.
- Over the past 243 months, MAT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 57.4.
- MAT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 163.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MAT.
MAT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -71.46%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -75.41%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -169.92%.
The table below shows MAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.91||52-week high||$23.31|
|Prev. close||$21.72||52-week low||$10.54|
|Day high||$22.71||Avg. volume||2,577,848|
|50-day MA||$20.27||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.72||Market Cap||7.64B|
Mattel, Inc. (MAT) Company Bio
Mattel offers dolls and accessories, vehicles and play sets, and games and puzzles under the Mattel Girls & Boys brands, including Barbie, Monster High, Disney Classics, Ever After High, Little Mommy, Polly Pocket, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, CARS, Disney Planes, BOOMco, Radica, Toy Story, Max Steel, WWE Wrestling, and Batman. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in El Segundo, California.
MAT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Mattel Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Mattel Inc ranked in the 20th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MAT, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.76 years comes in at -0.07%; that's greater than just 15.3% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 60.56% of its sector Consumer Cyclical.
- Mattel Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 19.12% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MAT Latest Social Stream
View Full MAT Social Stream
Latest MAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mattel Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MAT as an investment opportunity.
Barbie’s next movie will have an Oscar nominee behind the camera: Greta Gerwig will direct and write the movie, which is targeted for release in 2023. Barbie is part of the Mattel Inc. (MAT) lineup. Mattel has also partnered with MGM and “Girls” creator and star Lena Dunham on a Polly Pocket movie that will star “Emily in Paris” actor Lily Collins.
Mattel Creations Brings Shepard Fairey’s Sought-After Street Art to Homes Through the UNO® Artiste Series
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., July 30, 2021--Today, Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) is dropping the latest installment of the UNO Artiste Series in collaboration with Shepard Fairey through its direct-to-consumer platform, Mattel Creations. This collectible deck features unique designs by the acclaimed contemporary artist, activist and illustrator and can be purchased through MattelCreations.com starting at 9 a.m. PT.
Problems in the shipping industry have toymakers and retailers worried.
Manufacturer of Barbie says shoppers will face higher festive prices
Mattel, Inc. (MAT) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 27, 2021 05:00 PM ET Company Participants David Zbojniewicz - Vice President of Investor Relations Ynon Kreiz - Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Richard Dickson - President & Chief Operating Officer Anthony DiSilvestro - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Drew...
MAT Price Returns