Mattel, Inc. (MAT): Price and Financial Metrics
MAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.11||52-week high||$22.64|
|Prev. close||$18.97||52-week low||$15.36|
|Day high||$19.17||Avg. volume||3,060,356|
|50-day MA||$19.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$19.35||Market Cap||6.75B|
MAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MAT POWR Grades
- MAT scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.48% of US stocks.
- MAT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- MAT ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
MAT Stock Summary
- MAT's went public 37.95 years ago, making it older than 93.02% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 82.73, MATTEL INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.33% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of MATTEL INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MATTEL INC are LCII, YETI, GHM, HLNE, and AVD.
- Visit MAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mattel.com.
MAT Valuation Summary
- MAT's price/earnings ratio is 82.7; this is 413.66% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MAT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 66.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MAT.
MAT Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 27.57%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 41.18%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 614.3%.
The table below shows MAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MAT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.52% of graded US stocks.
- MAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.956 -- ranking 13th of 21 Recreation stocks.
- BBIG, GOLF, and NLS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MAT.
The table below shows MAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Mattel, Inc. (MAT) Company Bio
Mattel offers dolls and accessories, vehicles and play sets, and games and puzzles under the Mattel Girls & Boys brands, including Barbie, Monster High, Disney Classics, Ever After High, Little Mommy, Polly Pocket, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, CARS, Disney Planes, BOOMco, Radica, Toy Story, Max Steel, WWE Wrestling, and Batman. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in El Segundo, California.
MAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MAT Latest Social Stream
View Full MAT Social Stream
Latest MAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MATTEL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MAT as an investment opportunity.
If you try to visualize Mattel CEO, what image comes to mind? Ynon Kreiz, Mattel’s actual CEO, wouldn’t be too upset about it, either. “We embrace self deprecation,” Kreiz told Andy Serwer in an interview for our At Barron’s series (in which, we must note, no rollerblades appear).
Consider these top-rated blue-chip stocks seeing more upside ahead, each of which has been upgraded recently by top analysts on Wall Street.
Technical indicators can predict stock prices when paired with fundamental analysis.
The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday heard arguments on whether the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has the power to pursue defendants in its own in-house tribunal rather than in federal court. The outcome of the case could affect how the SEC and other U.S. federal agencies enforce regulations. Here's a look at some of the current cases that are awaiting the Supreme Court's decision, which is expected by the end of June.
Ariel Investments, an investment management company, released its “Ariel Fund” third-quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The third quarter saw losses in the U.S. stock market due to concerns about a government shutdown, autoworker strikes, rising oil prices, and the possibility that interest rates might stay higher for longer. […]
MAT Price Returns