Mattel, Inc. (MAT): Price and Financial Metrics
MAT Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MAT is 10.04 -- better than 96.83% of US stocks.
- Mattel Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.48% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.13 for Mattel Inc; that's greater than it is for 93.4% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMG, HRB, MAN, MSM, and VSH.
- Visit MAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mattel.com.
MAT Stock Price Chart More Charts
MAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.19||52-week high||$15.19|
|Prev. close||$13.06||52-week low||$9.06|
|Day high||$13.20||Avg. volume||4,892,781|
|50-day MA||$13.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.96||Market Cap||4.57B|
Mattel, Inc. (MAT) Company Bio
Mattel offers dolls and accessories, vehicles and play sets, and games and puzzles under the Mattel Girls & Boys brands, including Barbie, Monster High, Disney Classics, Ever After High, Little Mommy, Polly Pocket, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, CARS, Disney Planes, BOOMco, Radica, Toy Story, Max Steel, WWE Wrestling, and Batman. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in El Segundo, California.
MAT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MAT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Mattel Inc ranked in the 3st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mattel Inc, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.54 years comes in at -0.31%; that's greater than only 4.96% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Mattel Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.39. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 20.5% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Mattel Inc experienced a tax rate of about 55% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than 96.51% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|