Matthews International Corporation - (MATW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MATW POWR Grades
- MATW scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.55% of US stocks.
- MATW's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- MATW's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 57.66% of US stocks).
MATW Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 101.08, Matthews International Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.38% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, MATW has reported earnings growth of -135.82%, putting it ahead of only 15.33% of US stocks in our set.
- Matthews International Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 18.04%, greater than the shareholder yield of 87.81% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Matthews International Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be LCUT, EML, GPI, ELTK, and CNDT.
- MATW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Matthews International Corp's official web site, go to www.matw.com.
MATW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.30||52-week high||$43.75|
|Prev. close||$41.21||52-week low||$17.01|
|Day high||$41.60||Avg. volume||130,104|
|50-day MA||$41.18||Dividend yield||2.08%|
|200-day MA||$30.42||Market Cap||1.31B|
Matthews International Corporation - (MATW) Company Bio
Matthews International Corporation provides memorialization products and industrial automation solutions. Brand solutions include graphics imaging products and services, and merchandising solutions. Memorialization products consist primarily of bronze and granite memorials and other memorialization products, caskets and cremation equipment for the cemetery and funeral home industries. Industrial automation solutions include marking products and fulfillment systems. The company was founded in 1850 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
MATW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MATW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Matthews International Corp ranked in the 54th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Matthews International Corp, consider:
- 59% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 23.83% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Matthews International Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -1.63. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 18.07% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 14. This value is greater than 88.81% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MATW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATW Latest Social Stream
View Full MATW Social Stream
Latest MATW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Matthews International Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATW as an investment opportunity.
Matthews International Announces Acquisition of Terrella Energy Systems, Ltd.; Continued Growth into New Energy Solutions
PITTSBURGH, May 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Matthews International Corporation (NASDAQ GSM: MATW) (“Matthews” or the “Company”) today announced that the Company has acquired the assets of Terrella Energy Systems, Ltd. (“Terrella”), a supplier of technology solutions to the global hydrogen fuel cell industry. Terrella is now part of Matthews’ Saueressig Engineering business. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada), Terrella, founded in 2012, is a leader in the design and manufacture of bipolar graphite plates for hydrogen fuel cell power systems. This strategic acquisition will expand Matthews’ portfolio of advanced technology and manufacturing capabilities to serve the rapidly growing renewable energy market in support of energy storage, automotive and other industries. Included ...
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Matthews International (MATW) have what it takes? Let's find out.
It is now my pleasure to introduce your host, Bill Wilson. This is Bill Wilson, Senior Director of Corporate Development. With us today are Joseph Bartolacci, President and Chief Executive Officer; and Steven Nicola, our Chief Financial Officer.
Matthews International (MATW) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 20.27% and 5.36%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Financial Highlights – 2nd Quarter: Record quarterly sales of $417.2 million; 11.3% increase over 2nd quarter last yearDebt reduction of $42.1 million for the current quarterNet income of $5.0 million ($0.16 per share)Adjusted net income of $28.8 million ($0.89 per share) vs. $19.8 million ($0.63 per share) for the 2nd quarter last yearAdjusted EBITDA of $60.9 million compared to $49.4 million a year ago Financial Highlights – Year-to-Date: Year-to-date sales increased $64.1 million (8.7%) compared to last yearCash flow from operations of $92.2 million compared to $66.0 million last yearDebt reduction of $52.1 million for current fiscal year; $183.3 million since March 31, 2020 PITTSBURGH, April 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Matthews International Corporation (NASDAQ GSM: MATW) today ann...
MATW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MATWHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Matthews International Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Matthews International Corp (MATW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Matthews International Corp (MATW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Matthews International Corp (MATW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch