Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
MATX Stock Summary
- Matson Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.77% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Matson Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.13% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, MATX has reported earnings growth of 119.8%, putting it ahead of 89.03% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Matson Inc are LMNR, DCO, EOLS, TMST, and NMIH.
- MATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Matson Inc's official web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.49||52-week high||$79.05|
|Prev. close||$73.36||52-week low||$23.75|
|Day high||$73.73||Avg. volume||237,188|
|50-day MA||$65.26||Dividend yield||1.25%|
|200-day MA||$48.02||Market Cap||3.11B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
MATX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Matson Inc. To summarize, we found that Matson Inc ranked in the 51th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Matson Inc, consider:
- Matson Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 12% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Matson Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 10.45. This coverage rate is greater than that of 75.1% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Matson Inc experienced a tax rate of about 19% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 74.47% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Matson Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
Here are the six best-performing stocks with substantial net profit margins that can contribute toward making an enriching portfolio.
Start Time: 16:30 End Time: 17:38 Matson, Inc. (MATX) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 23, 2021, 16:30 PM ET Company Participants Matt Cox - Chairman and CEO Joel Wine - SVP and CFO Lee Fishman - Director of IR Conference Call Participants Jack Atkins - Stephens Inc. Ben Nolan...
MATX earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
The following slide deck was published by Matson, Inc. in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
HONOLULU, Feb. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Matson, Inc. ("Matson" or the "Company") (NYSE: MATX), a leading U.S. carrier in the Pacific, today reported net income of $85.6 million, or $1.96 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2020. Net income for the quarter ended December…
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MATXWant to see what other sources are saying about Matson Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!