Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MATX POWR Grades
- MATX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.32% of US stocks.
- MATX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 200 days.
- MATX ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
MATX Stock Summary
- Matson Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.83% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Matson Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.98% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Matson Inc is reporting a growth rate of 213.51%; that's higher than 91.49% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RUTH, HMTV, NESR, LMNR, and CBZ.
- MATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Matson Inc's official web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.07||52-week high||$79.05|
|Prev. close||$62.84||52-week low||$23.75|
|Day high||$62.96||Avg. volume||291,718|
|50-day MA||$69.50||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$57.21||Market Cap||2.61B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
MATX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Matson Inc. To summarize, we found that Matson Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 4.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Matson Inc ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 15.11; that's higher than 80.9% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Matson Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 8.79% of tickers in our DCF set.
- MATX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 8.79% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Matson Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, Matson (MATX) closed at $66.40, marking a -0.06% move from the previous day.
The following slide deck was published by Matson, Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q1 earnings call....
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call April 27, 2021, 16:30 ET Company Participants Lee Fishman - Director, IR Matthew Cox - Chairman & CEO Joel Wine - EVP & CFO Conference Call Participants Benjamin Nolan - Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Stephen O'Hara - Sidoti & Company Presentation Operator...
Even though profit is a company's goal, cash is its lifeblood for existence and a measure of resiliency.
The Board of Directors of Matson, Inc. (NYSE: MATX), a leading U.S. carrier in the Pacific, today declared a second quarter dividend of $0.23 per common share. The dividend will be paid on June 3, 2021 to all shareholders of record as of the close of business on May 6, 2021.
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|