Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.65||52-week high||$95.51|
|Prev. close||$68.33||52-week low||$56.51|
|Day high||$70.23||Avg. volume||303,711|
|50-day MA||$64.62||Dividend yield||1.73%|
|200-day MA||$66.54||Market Cap||2.50B|
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MATX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.9% of US stocks.
- MATX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MATX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.52% of US stocks).
MATX Stock Summary
- MATX's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- MATX's current price/earnings ratio is 3.33, which is higher than just 6.3% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of MATSON INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TRS, FDP, ROAD, FARM, and NOAH.
- Visit MATX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Valuation Summary
- MATX's EV/EBIT ratio is 3.3; this is 78.98% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MATX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 10.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MATX.
MATX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 100%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 11.36%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 230.73%.
The table below shows MATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MATX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.67% of graded US stocks.
- MATX's asset turnover comes in at 1.111 -- ranking 29th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- CVLG, ASC, and SNDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MATX.
The table below shows MATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Most Popular Stories View All
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MATSON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
Great week for Matson, Inc. (NYSE:MATX) institutional investors after losing 15% over the previous year
Key Insights Significantly high institutional ownership implies Matson's stock price is sensitive to their trading...
10 Biggest Shipping Companies
With A. P. Møller-Mærsk leading the pack, these are the 10 biggest shipping companies by 12-month trailing revenue.
Should You Buy Matson, Inc. (NYSE:MATX) For Its Upcoming Dividend?
Readers hoping to buy Matson, Inc. ( NYSE:MATX ) for its dividend will need to make their move shortly, as the stock is...
Calculating The Fair Value Of Matson, Inc. (NYSE:MATX)
Key Insights The projected fair value for Matson is US$57.97 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Current share...
Matson (MATX) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates
Matson (MATX) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 5.62% and 4.09%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MATXWant to see what other sources are saying about Matson Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Matson Inc (MATX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Matson Inc (MATX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Matson Inc (MATX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...