Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MATX POWR Grades
- MATX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.65% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MATX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MATX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.24% of US stocks).
MATX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1.72, MATSON INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 1.6% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MATX is currently 1.58, higher than just 5.67% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of MATSON INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.71% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMC, UFPT, VIST, R, and ALTO.
- Visit MATX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Valuation Summary
- MATX's price/earnings ratio is 1.8; this is 91.15% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MATX's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MATX.
MATX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 69.65%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 326.55%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -13.86%.
The table below shows MATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MATX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.67% of graded US stocks.
- MATX's asset turnover comes in at 1.111 -- ranking 29th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- CVLG, ASC, and SNDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MATX.
The table below shows MATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.97||52-week high||$125.34|
|Prev. close||$62.94||52-week low||$58.06|
|Day high||$64.50||Avg. volume||292,606|
|50-day MA||$62.87||Dividend yield||1.94%|
|200-day MA||$74.43||Market Cap||2.42B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Most Popular Stories View All
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MATSON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
By Mike Wackett (The Loadstar) – Transpacific container carryings from Asia to the US west coast fell sharply in last year’s fourth quarter reflecting weak consumer demand and concerns over the…
Matson, Inc. (MATX) shares are sliding more than 7 percent on Thursday morning trade after the provider of ocean transportation and logistics services announced lower year-over-year volume and freight rates and a decline in consolidated operating volume. The company said it expects the fourth-quarter 2022 and the first quarter 2023 challenging.
MATSON ANNOUNCES PRELIMINARY 4Q22 RESULTS, PROVIDES BUSINESS UPDATE AND ANNOUNCES 4Q22 EARNINGS CALL DATE
Expects 4Q22 operating income for Ocean Transportation to be $70.0 to $80.0 million Expects 4Q22 operating income for Logistics to be $12.0 to $13.0 million Expects 4Q22 net income and diluted EPS to be $69.9 to $74.8 million and $1.88 to $2.01 , respectively Year-over-year decrease in consolidated operating income driven primarily by lower contribution from China service Repurchased approximately 1.5 million shares in 4Q22 Announces fourth quarter earnings call date on February 21, 2023 HONOLULU , Jan. 18, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Matson, Inc. ("Matson" or the "Company") (NYSE: MATX ) today announces preliminary fourth quarter financial results, provides a business update and announces that its fourth quarter earnings call will be held on February 21, 2023 . "Matson''s Ocean Transportation...
Ocean-freight shipping company Matson Inc. on Wednesday reported a preliminary fourth-quarter profit that was below expectations, as a drop-off in demand for…
Matson (MATX) said it expects Q4 net income and diluted EPS to be $69.9M to $74.8M and $1.88 to $2.01, respectivelyExpects 4Q22 operating income for Ocean Transportation to be $70M…
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|