Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MATX POWR Grades
- MATX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.07% of US stocks.
- MATX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- MATX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 48th percentile.
MATX Stock Summary
- MATX's went public 35.83 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Matson Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Matson Inc is reporting a growth rate of 279.75%; that's higher than 91.38% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RXT, ASIX, NOV, ESNT, and VEC.
- MATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Matson Inc's official web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Valuation Summary
- MATX's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.1; this is 62.93% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- MATX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MATX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MATX.
MATX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -69.06%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 12.56%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 134.32%.
The table below shows MATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MATX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.54% of graded US stocks.
- MATX's asset turnover comes in at 1.005 -- ranking 34th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- CVLG, FRO, and ASC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MATX.
The table below shows MATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.24||52-week high||$91.79|
|Prev. close||$83.26||52-week low||$50.10|
|Day high||$84.70||Avg. volume||293,268|
|50-day MA||$81.13||Dividend yield||1.42%|
|200-day MA||$70.61||Market Cap||3.66B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Most Popular Stories View All
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Matson Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
ProShare Advisors LLC reduced its stake in Matson, Inc. (NYSE:MATX) by 3.0% during the second quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The institutional investor owned 12,329 shares of the shipping companys stock after selling 386 shares during the quarter. ProShare Advisors LLCs holdings in Matson 
Matson (NYSE:MATX) updated its third quarter 2021 earnings guidance on Monday. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $6.390-$6.580 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $4.390. The company issued revenue guidance of -. Separately, Stifel Nicolaus lifted their price target on Matson from $80.00 to $92.00 and gave 
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
MATX, RLGY, and ASO made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on October 15, 2021.
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|