Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MATX POWR Grades
- MATX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 91.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MATX is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MATX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 36.09% of US stocks).
MATX Stock Summary
- Matson Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Matson Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.05% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, MATX has reported earnings growth of 213.51%, putting it ahead of 91.3% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FLEX, CBZ, NESR, SWI, and HMTV.
- MATX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Matson Inc's official web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, MATX's price/earnings ratio is 65.41% lower, now standing at 10.1.
- Over the past 243 months, MATX's price/earnings ratio has gone down 2.
- Over the past 243 months, MATX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MATX.
MATX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -40.7%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -1%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -28.98%.
The table below shows MATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.96||52-week high||$79.05|
|Prev. close||$65.13||52-week low||$34.78|
|Day high||$65.92||Avg. volume||295,000|
|50-day MA||$63.98||Dividend yield||1.41%|
|200-day MA||$63.42||Market Cap||2.82B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
MATX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MATX, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Matson Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 10%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Matson Inc ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 15.11; that's higher than 77.87% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Matson Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 10.05% of tickers in our DCF set.
- MATX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 10.05% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Matson Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
Higher revenues are likely to have aided Matson's (MATX) Q2 performance.
Matson (MATX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
LEVI, CHWY, MATX, and BURL made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on July 22, 2021.
Matson (MATX) closed the most recent trading day at $66.15, moving -0.09% from the previous trading session.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|