Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MATX POWR Grades
- MATX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MATX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MATX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
MATX Stock Summary
- Matson Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Matson Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.27% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Matson Inc is reporting a growth rate of 316.87%; that's higher than 93.29% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Matson Inc are ALTO, KMX, NWPX, TTEK, and KE.
- Visit MATX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Valuation Summary
- MATX's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.1; this is 62.93% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- MATX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MATX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MATX.
MATX Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -40.7%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 29.8%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -69.06%.
The table below shows MATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MATX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.67% of graded US stocks.
- MATX's asset turnover comes in at 1.111 -- ranking 29th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- CVLG, ASC, and SNDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MATX.
The table below shows MATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$89.73||52-week high||$125.34|
|Prev. close||$88.63||52-week low||$60.75|
|Day high||$90.36||Avg. volume||502,348|
|50-day MA||$95.58||Dividend yield||1.34%|
|200-day MA||$89.98||Market Cap||3.64B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Most Popular Stories View All
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Matson Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
2 Days – 13 Sessions – 45 SpeakersNEW YORK, Feb. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capital Link is hosting the “Jones Act & U.S. Flag Shipping Forum” over the course of two days, Thursday - Friday, February 24 & 25, 2022 from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM EST as a digital event. Registration is complimentary. The Forum will provide a comprehensive review and outlook into the Jones Act and U.S. Flag space, its main sectors of activity, and the role the U.S. Flag plays in furthering the U.S. presence in global tr
Here is how Grindrod Shipping Holdings Ltd. (GRIN) and Matson (MATX) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
The stock market completed another troubling week, with major market indexes moving still lower on Friday. There are a host of issues to look at, including the Russia-Ukraine conflict, the Federal Reserve's monetary policy tightening, and ongoing economic pressures from supply chain disruptions and other problems. Here we'll look more closely at why Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR) and Matson (NYSE: MATX) both moved higher significantly on Friday.
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Q4 2021 Results Conference Call February 17, 2022 04:30 PM ET Company Participants Lee Fishman - Senior Director of Investor Relations Matt Cox - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Joel Wine - Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Ben Nolan - Stifel Jack...
The following slide deck was published by Matson, Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|