Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MATX POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MATX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MATX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MATX's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 24.66% of US stocks).
MATX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1.74, MATSON INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 2.25% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MATX is currently 1.69, higher than merely 6.77% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of MATSON INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.53% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MATX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VIST, R, MLM, GRIN, and KMX.
- Visit MATX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, MATX's price/sales ratio is 54.55% lower, now standing at 0.5.
- MATX's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MATX.
MATX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 326.55%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 299.68%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 63.41%.
The table below shows MATX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MATX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MATX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.67% of graded US stocks.
- MATX's asset turnover comes in at 1.111 -- ranking 29th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- CVLG, ASC, and SNDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MATX.
The table below shows MATX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.52||52-week high||$125.34|
|Prev. close||$61.50||52-week low||$60.35|
|Day high||$62.71||Avg. volume||448,566|
|50-day MA||$77.10||Dividend yield||2.02%|
|200-day MA||$87.54||Market Cap||2.40B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Most Popular Stories View All
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MATSON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
Zacks.com users have recently been watching Matson (MATX) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
Legendary fund manager Li Lu (who Charlie Munger backed) once said, 'The biggest investment risk is not the volatility...
The Board of Directors of Matson, Inc. (NYSE: MATX), a leading U.S. carrier in the Pacific, approved adding three million shares, or approximately eight percent of outstanding common shares, to the existing six million share repurchase program. As of August 22, 2022, the existing share repurchase program had approximately 0.5 million shares remaining.
A Wall Street bull finally threw in the towel on NeoGenomics stock. Needham’s Mike Matson, who rated the stock at Buy for more than a year and a half, flipped his rating to Hold, saying the shares are fairly valued and that he believes the pharma company’s turnaround efforts won’t pay off for several years. NeoGenomics stock fell 4% to $10.70 Monday.
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|