Matson, Inc. (MATX): Price and Financial Metrics
MATX Stock Summary
- MATX's went public 35.18 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Matson Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.27% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Matson Inc is higher than it is for about 83.95% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Matson Inc are GBX, LDOS, ASIX, USAP, and VRS.
- Visit MATX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.matson.com.
MATX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MATX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.44||52-week high||$79.05|
|Prev. close||$72.55||52-week low||$23.75|
|Day high||$72.54||Avg. volume||215,151|
|50-day MA||$63.84||Dividend yield||1.27%|
|200-day MA||$46.86||Market Cap||3.08B|
Matson, Inc. (MATX) Company Bio
Mattson Inc. operates as an ocean freight carrier in the Pacific. It operates in two segments, Ocean Transportation and Logistics. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
MATX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MATX, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Matson Inc ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Matson Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.5 years comes in at -0.07%; that's greater than just 15.67% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Matson Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 11.73% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Matson Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 65.82% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MATX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MATX Latest Social Stream
View Full MATX Social Stream
Latest MATX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Matson Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MATX as an investment opportunity.
Start Time: 16:30 End Time: 17:38 Matson, Inc. (MATX) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 23, 2021, 16:30 PM ET Company Participants Matt Cox - Chairman and CEO Joel Wine - SVP and CFO Lee Fishman - Director of IR Conference Call Participants Jack Atkins - Stephens Inc. Ben Nolan...
The following slide deck was published by Matson, Inc. in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 23, 2021 / Matson, Inc. (NYSE:MATX) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 23, 2021 at 4:30 PM Eastern Time.
Matson (NYSE:MATX) unveils its next round of earnings this Tuesday, February 23. Here is Benzinga's everything-that-matters guide for the earnings announcement. Net Income, Earnings, And Earnings Per Share Earnings and EPS are useful metrics of profitability. Total earnings also known as net income is equal to total revenue minus total expenses. Dividing net income by the total number of shares outstanding yields EPS. Earnings And Revenue Matson EPS is expected to be around $1.8, according to sell-side analysts. Sales will likely be near $666.83 million. Matson earnings in the same period a year ago was $0.36 per share. Quarterly sales came in at $540.70 million. Why Analyst Estimates And Earnings Surprises Are Important Wall Street analysts who study this company will publish analyst e...
Tanker spot rates are horrible. Rates for gas carriers have fallen off a cliff. Only container shipping is booming. But you wouldn't know that by looking at ocean shipping stocks. Across every shipping sector, stocks are up double digits in February. "Shipping stocks have been on a tear for the past several weeks," said Clarksons Platou Securities analyst Omar Nokta during a Capital Link-sponsored virtual event on Tuesday. "We've gotten used to seeing pockets [of activity] for tankers or pockets for dry bulk. But we haven't seen this type of interest across the board in a while," said Nokta. Since the beginning of this month, dry bulk stocks of Safe Bulkers (NYSE: SB ), Eagle Bulk (NASDAQ: EGLE ), Golden Ocean (NASDAQ: GOGL ) and Star Bulk (NYSE: SBLK ) are up 61%, 48%, 36% and 35%, res...
MATX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MATXWant to see what other sources are saying about Matson Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!