Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.46||52-week high||$48.93|
|Prev. close||$30.27||52-week low||$26.15|
|Day high||$29.82||Avg. volume||263,527|
|50-day MA||$30.64||Dividend yield||4.28%|
|200-day MA||$32.80||Market Cap||1.63B|
MCY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCY POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MCY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.91% of US stocks.
- MCY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MCY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
MCY Stock Summary
- MCY's went public 33.19 years ago, making it older than 86.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- MCY's price/sales ratio is 0.42; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 14.69% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, MERCURY GENERAL CORP is reporting a growth rate of 567.32%; that's higher than 97.12% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MERCURY GENERAL CORP are SNFCA, GFAI, PTSI, SBEV, and WERN.
- Visit MCY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Valuation Summary
- MCY's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 55.56% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MCY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 35.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCY.
MCY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -132.4%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -3.9%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -9.61%.
The table below shows MCY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.82% of graded US stocks.
- MCY's asset turnover comes in at 0.61 -- ranking 20th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- EIG, CNC, and AMSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCY.
The table below shows MCY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCY Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MCY, see our MCY price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$41.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2.17 (Hold)|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
MCY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCY Latest Social Stream
View Full MCY Social Stream
Latest MCY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCURY GENERAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCY as an investment opportunity.
7 Super-Safe Stocks to Buy as Fear Grips the Market
With economic storm clouds rising, investors should think about wealth preservation with the best safe stocks for market crash list.
Mercury General (MCY) Reports Q1 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
Mercury General (MCY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -32.17% and 0.92%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Mercury General Corporation Announces First Quarter Results and Declares Quarterly Dividend
Mercury General Corporation (NYSE: MCY) reported today for the first quarter of 2023:
Mercury General (NYSE:MCY investor one-year losses grow to 40% as the stock sheds US$164m this past week
Passive investing in an index fund is a good way to ensure your own returns roughly match the overall market. When you...
MERCURY GENERAL CORPORATION TO REPORT FIRST QUARTER RESULTS ON MAY 2, 2023
Mercury General Corporation (NYSE: MCY) reported today that after the markets close on Tuesday, May 2, 2023, the Company will issue an earnings press release reporting its results for the first quarter of 2023, and will also file its quarterly report on Form 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The earnings press release should be read in conjunction with the Company's quarterly report on Form 10-Q.
MCY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MCYWant to do more research on Mercury General Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Mercury General Corp (MCY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mercury General Corp (MCY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mercury General Corp (MCY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...