Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCY POWR Grades
- MCY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 83% of US stocks.
- MCY's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- MCY's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.46% of US stocks).
MCY Stock Summary
- MCY's went public 32.86 years ago, making it older than 85.87% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, MCY has reported earnings growth of -223.07%, putting it ahead of only 7.02% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that MCY's revenue has grown -11.83% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 12.5% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MERCURY GENERAL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BH, PTSI, SNFCA, AC, and MRTN.
- Visit MCY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MCY's price/sales ratio is 79.31% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- MCY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCY.
MCY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -20.05%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 3.89%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 39.15%.
The table below shows MCY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.82% of graded US stocks.
- MCY's asset turnover comes in at 0.61 -- ranking 20th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- EIG, CNC, and AMSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCY.
The table below shows MCY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.60||52-week high||$56.21|
|Prev. close||$34.76||52-week low||$27.89|
|Day high||$34.91||Avg. volume||213,739|
|50-day MA||$35.35||Dividend yield||3.65%|
|200-day MA||$38.64||Market Cap||1.92B|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
MCY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCY Latest Social Stream
View Full MCY Social Stream
Latest MCY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCURY GENERAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCY as an investment opportunity.
Mercury Insurance (NYSE: MCY) is continuing its 60-year celebration of service to Southern California communities with its 2022-23 sponsorship of the Anaheim Ducks. This marks the eighth consecutive year the two have teamed up to give fans and policyholders unique experiences inside and outside of games.
Mercury Insurance (NYSE: MCY) is continuing its 60 years celebration of service to Southern California communities by returning to the hockey rink with its 2022-23 Los Angeles Kings partnership. This marks the 15th consecutive year the two have teamed up to give fans and policyholders unique experiences inside and outside of games.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
While California continues to experience heavy rains and severe flooding, Mercury Insurance policyholders impacted by recent storms are encouraged to report damages and losses at any time through Mercury's claims hotline at (800) 503-3724.
The Mercury Insurance claims team is ready to assist Georgia policyholders impacted by the recent severe weather and tornadoes. Policyholders are encouraged to report damages and losses at any time through Mercury's claims hotline at (800) 503-3724.
MCY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|