Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCY POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where MCY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.64% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCY is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MCY's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 27.48% of US stocks).
MCY Stock Summary
- MCY's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.34 -- higher than only 2.8% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- MCY's current price/earnings ratio is 5.39, which is higher than only 5.78% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, MCY has reported earnings growth of 1,570.04%, putting it ahead of 98.64% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mercury General Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SSYS, SYNL, NX, RVP, and OMI.
- MCY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mercury General Corp's official web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Valuation Summary
- MCY's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 75.76% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MCY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 10.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MCY's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCY.
MCY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.67||52-week high||$67.88|
|Prev. close||$61.45||52-week low||$39.48|
|Day high||$61.89||Avg. volume||262,700|
|50-day MA||$62.54||Dividend yield||4.12%|
|200-day MA||$56.02||Market Cap||3.41B|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
MCY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Mercury General Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Mercury General Corp ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MCY, they are:
- MCY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 35.44% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Mercury General Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 46.03. This coverage rate is greater than that of 90.18% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Financial Services), Mercury General Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 24.32% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MCY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCY Latest Social Stream
View Full MCY Social Stream
Latest MCY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mercury General Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCY as an investment opportunity.
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
While sentiment in the market couldn’t be more bullish, this is exactly why investors may want to consider contrarian stocks to buy.
Today, Mercury Insurance announced that the company has made its usage-based insurance app, MercuryGO, available to drivers in Georgia to help improve driving skills and traffic safety. The app acts as a virtual driving coach, providing skill scores that give real-time feedback about driving behavior. Mercury auto insurance policyholders who enroll to use the app immediately receive up to a 10% participation discount. Then, when MercuryGO customers renew their policies, they could receive a disc
Mercury General Corporation (NYSE: MCY) reported today that after the markets close on Tuesday, August 3, 2021, the Company will issue an earnings press release reporting its results for the second quarter of 2021, and will also file its quarterly report on Form 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The earnings press release should be read in conjunction with the Company's quarterly report on Form 10-Q.
Today, Mercury Insurance announced that the company has made its usage-based insurance app, MercuryGO, available to drivers in Florida to help improve driving skills and traffic safety. The app acts as a virtual driving coach, providing skill scores that give real-time feedback about driving behavior. Mercury auto insurance policyholders who enroll to use the app immediately receive up to a 10% participation discount. Then, when MercuryGO customers renew their policies, they could receive a disc
MCY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|