Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCY POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MCY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.25% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCY is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 200 days.
- MCY's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 31.42% of US stocks).
MCY Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.38, Mercury General Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 2.96% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.89, Mercury General Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 6.2% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, MCY has reported earnings growth of 1,570.04%, putting it ahead of 98.48% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MCY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MFGP, DDS, ANAT, ANF, and PRA.
- Visit MCY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.31||52-week high||$67.88|
|Prev. close||$66.09||52-week low||$35.21|
|Day high||$66.50||Avg. volume||277,174|
|50-day MA||$63.24||Dividend yield||3.83%|
|200-day MA||$51.19||Market Cap||3.62B|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
MCY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MCY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Mercury General Corp ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mercury General Corp, consider:
- In the past 5.75 years, Mercury General Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.27%; that's higher than 73.41% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- MCY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 32.06% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Mercury General Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 46.03. This coverage rate is greater than that of 90.95% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MCY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCY Latest Social Stream
View Full MCY Social Stream
Latest MCY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mercury General Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCY as an investment opportunity.
We often see insiders buying up shares in companies that perform well over the long term. On the other hand, we'd be...
Photo by Sezeryadigar/E+ via Getty Images Mercury General Corp. (MCY) has had a nice run-up in the past year as the company shed off the majority of losses related to wildfires in California and improved loss expense in their auto insurance business due to a reduction in driving, resulting in...
Mercury Insurance today announced that its auto insurance rates for Arizona drivers are being reduced by an average of 5 percent. The reduction immediately applies to new customers and policy renewals beginning March 26, and will save Mercury policyholders an average of $84 a year.
These days it's easy to simply buy an index fund, and your returns should (roughly) match the market. But you can...
Mercury General Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2020 Results and Declares Quarterly Dividend
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury General Corporation (NYSE: MCY) reported today the fourth quarter and fiscal 2020 results: Consolidated Highlights Three Months Ended December 31, Change Twelve Months Ended December 31, Change 2020 2019 $ % 2020 2019 $ % (000's except…
MCY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|