Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
MCY Stock Summary
- Mercury General Corp's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 83.48% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.7, Mercury General Corp has a higher such ratio than just 22.47% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Mercury General Corp is reporting a growth rate of 128.45%; that's higher than 91.4% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MCY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FBP, SAVE, MAYS, HUD, and OII.
- MCY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mercury General Corp's official web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Stock Price Chart More Charts
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$51.80||52-week high||$65.22|
|Prev. close||$51.18||52-week low||$46.69|
|Day high||$51.93||Avg. volume||296,135|
|50-day MA||$48.97||Dividend yield||4.86%|
|200-day MA||$53.95||Market Cap||2.87B|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
MCY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MCY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Mercury General Corp ranked in the 78st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 206.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MCY, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 87% of its capital from equity, and 13% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of 67.15% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- MCY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 36.79% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Mercury General Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 23.19. This coverage rate is greater than that of 86.67% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|