Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MCY POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where MCY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.62% of US stocks.
- MCY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MCY ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
MCY Stock Summary
- Mercury General Corp's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.38% of US equities in our set.
- MCY's price/sales ratio is 0.76; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 18.23% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Mercury General Corp's share price is greater than that of only 19.28% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mercury General Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be BANF, UNAM, SNFCA, NKSH, and JWEL.
- Visit MCY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Valuation Summary
- MCY's EV/EBIT ratio is 5.1; this is 40.7% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- MCY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MCY's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCY.
MCY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1279.08%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 96.97%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -29.1%.
The table below shows MCY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.82% of graded US stocks.
- MCY's asset turnover comes in at 0.61 -- ranking 20th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- EIG, CNC, and AMSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCY.
The table below shows MCY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MCY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.12||52-week high||$66.07|
|Prev. close||$44.01||52-week low||$43.33|
|Day high||$45.64||Avg. volume||281,141|
|50-day MA||$48.98||Dividend yield||5.76%|
|200-day MA||$52.89||Market Cap||2.44B|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
MCY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCY Latest Social Stream
View Full MCY Social Stream
Latest MCY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mercury General Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCY as an investment opportunity.
The board of Mercury General Corporation ( NYSE:MCY ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 30th of March...
Mercury General Corporation (NYSE:MCY) declares $0.635/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 4.81%Payable March 30; for shareholders of record March 16; ex-div March
Mercury General press release (MCY): Q4 GAAP EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.16.Revenue of $1.05B (-1.9% Y/Y) beats by $141.04M.
Mercury General Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021 Results and Declares Quarterly Dividend
LOS ANGELES , Feb. 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury General Corporation (NYSE: MCY ) reported today the fourth quarter and fiscal 2021 results: Consolidated Highlights Three Months Ended December 31, Change Nine Months Ended September 30, Change 2021 2020 $ % 2021 2020 $ % (000''s except per-share amounts and ratios) Net premiums earned (2) $ 958,266 $ 921,860 $ 36,406 3.9 % $ 3,741,948 $ 3,555,635 $ 186,313 5.2 % Net premiums written (1) (2) $ 932,678 $ 895,528 $ 37,150 4.1 % $ 3,855,369 $ 3,611,543 $ 243,826 6.8 % Net realized investment (losses) gains, net of tax (3) $ 43,217 $ 90,209 $ (46,992) (52.1) % $ 88,210 $ 67,727 $ 20,483 30.2 % Net income $ 30,473 $ 166,743 $ (136,270) (81.7) % $ 247,937 $ 374,607 $ (126,670) (33.8) % Net income per diluted share $ 0.55 $ 3.01 $ (2.46) (81....
Mercury General (MCY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -158.97% and 0.02%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MCY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|