Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
MCY Stock Summary
- MCY's went public 31.07 years ago, making it older than 84.18% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- MCY's current price/earnings ratio is 9.44, which is higher than just 11.12% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- MCY's price/sales ratio is 0.93; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 19.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Mercury General Corp are AC, MRTN, TFII, UNAM, and SNFCA.
- MCY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mercury General Corp's official web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.07||52-week high||$65.98|
|Prev. close||$64.01||52-week low||$34.12|
|Day high||$65.45||Avg. volume||292,126|
|50-day MA||$60.01||Dividend yield||3.97%|
|200-day MA||$48.76||Market Cap||3.60B|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
MCY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MCY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Mercury General Corp ranked in the 78th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 232%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Mercury General Corp ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 89% of its capital from equity, and 11% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 73.98% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- MCY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 31.33% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Mercury General Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 27.89. This coverage rate is greater than that of 87.61% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MCY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCY Latest Social Stream
View Full MCY Social Stream
Latest MCY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mercury General Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCY as an investment opportunity.
Mercury General Corporation (NYSE: MCY) reported today that after the markets close on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, the Company will issue an earnings press release reporting its results for the first quarter of 2021, and will also file its quarterly report on Form 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The earnings press release should be read in conjunction with the Company's quarterly report on Form 10-Q.
Mercury Insurance today announced that its auto insurance rates for Arizona drivers are being reduced by an average of 5 percent. The reduction immediately applies to new customers and policy renewals beginning March 26, and will save Mercury policyholders an average of $84 a year.
Mercury General (NYSE:MCY) declared a dividend payable on March 31, 2021 to its shareholders as of February 16, 2021. It was also announced that shareholders of Mercury General's stock as of March 17, 2021 are entitled to the dividend. The stock is expected to become ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. Mercury General, which has a current dividend per share of $0.63, has an ex-dividend date scheduled for March 16, 2021. That equates to a dividend yield of 4.52% at current price levels. Understanding Ex-Dividend Dates' Ex-dividend dates signal when company shares cease to trade with their current dividend payouts. There is a small intermission period before companies announce new dividends. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record d...
In the current session, Mercury General Inc. (NYSE:MCY) is trading at $55.89, after a 1.84% gain. Over the past month, the stock increased by 2.41%, and in the past year, by 8.43%. With performance like this, long-term shareholders optimistic but others are more likely to look into the price-to-earnings ratio to see if the stock might be overvalued. Assuming that all other factors are held constant, this could present itself as an opportunity for shareholders trying to capitalize on the higher share price. The stock is currently under from its 52 week high by 3.07%. The P/E ratio measures the current share price to the company's EPS. It is used by long-term investors to analyze the company's current performance against its past earnings, historical data and aggregate market data for the...
Mercury General Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2020 Results and Declares Quarterly Dividend
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercury General Corporation (NYSE: MCY) reported today the fourth quarter and fiscal 2020 results: Consolidated Highlights Three Months Ended December 31, Change Twelve Months Ended December 31, Change 2020 2019 $ % 2020 2019 $ % (000's except…
MCY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MCYWant to do more research on Mercury General Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!