Mercury General Corporation (MCY): Price and Financial Metrics
MCY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.40||52-week high||$40.32|
|Prev. close||$39.87||52-week low||$26.15|
|Day high||$40.32||Avg. volume||211,904|
|50-day MA||$32.95||Dividend yield||3.26%|
|200-day MA||$31.05||Market Cap||2.18B|
MCY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MCY POWR Grades
- MCY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MCY is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- MCY's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 46.88% of US stocks).
MCY Stock Summary
- MERCURY GENERAL CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 83.37% of US listed stocks.
- MERCURY GENERAL CORP's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.98% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 48.32%, MERCURY GENERAL CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 86.01% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MERCURY GENERAL CORP are AIHS, MHK, AWX, WERN, and GIII.
- MCY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MERCURY GENERAL CORP's official web site, go to www.mercuryinsurance.com.
MCY Valuation Summary
- MCY's EV/EBIT ratio is -16.1; this is 243.75% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MCY's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MCY.
MCY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -132.4%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -3.9%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -9.61%.
The table below shows MCY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MCY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MCY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.82% of graded US stocks.
- MCY's asset turnover comes in at 0.61 -- ranking 20th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- EIG, CNC, and AMSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MCY.
The table below shows MCY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Mercury General Corporation (MCY) Company Bio
Mercury General Corporation writes personal automobile insurance, homeowners, commercial automobile, commercial property, mechanical breakdown, fire, and umbrella insurance. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
MCY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MCY Latest Social Stream
View Full MCY Social Stream
Latest MCY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MERCURY GENERAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MCY as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights Cincinnati Financial, The Progressive, HCI Group, Mercury General and W. R. Berkley
Cincinnati Financial, The Progressive, HCI Group, Mercury General and W. R. Berkley are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog.
We have narrowed our search to five P&C insurers with strong potential for the rest of 2023. These are: CINF, PGR, HCI, MCY, WRB.
Kinsale Capital (KNSL) stock rallies on the back of its focus on the excess and supply market, lower expense ratio, growth in the investment portfolio and effective capital deployment.
Mercury General Corporation ( NYSE:MCY ) will pay a dividend of $0.3175 on the 28th of December. This means the annual...
Company also declares quarterly dividend amidst improved underwriting results
MCY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|