M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MDC POWR Grades
- MDC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 71.65% of US stocks.
- MDC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- MDC's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 17.43% of US stocks).
MDC Stock Summary
- Mdc Holdings Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.65% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.8, Mdc Holdings Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 10.46% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.73, Mdc Holdings Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 15.7% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mdc Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MBUU, HLI, JAX, MEI, and CHE.
- Visit MDC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.richmondamerican.com.
MDC Valuation Summary
- MDC's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 42.86% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MDC's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MDC's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDC.
MDC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -30.25%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 27.64%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 48.1%.
The table below shows MDC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MDC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MDC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.43% of graded US stocks.
- MDC's asset turnover comes in at 1.164 -- ranking 28th of 52 Construction stocks.
- LMB, MTH, and CCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MDC.
The table below shows MDC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MDC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.19||52-week high||$63.86|
|Prev. close||$49.24||52-week low||$38.02|
|Day high||$49.59||Avg. volume||541,405|
|50-day MA||$51.06||Dividend yield||3.25%|
|200-day MA||$52.89||Market Cap||3.47B|
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC) Company Bio
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. engages in homebuilding and originating mortgage loans. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
MDC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDC Latest Social Stream
View Full MDC Social Stream
Latest MDC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mdc Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDC as an investment opportunity.
Having examined in earlier articles all the big three homebuilders in the US that capture almost 60% of the hot housing market, smaller competitors remained underfollowed but grew at faster rates with high potential for 2022. LGI Homes, Inc. (LGIH), the Texas-based builder, is one of the small-medium players of...
Richmond American Homes of Florida, LP, a subsidiary of M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC), is pleased to announce that the highly anticipated Forest Crest community in Jacksonville is now open for sales. The homebuilder showcases six inspired floor plans, including some from its sought-after Seasons™ Collection. Prices start from the mid $200s.
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC) ("MDC" or the "Company") today announced an increase in the previously announced maximum tender amount from $100,000,000 to $123,632,000 (the "Maximum Tender Amount") and the early tender results as of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on September 16, 2021 (the "Early Tender Time") of its previously announced cash tender offer (the "Tender Offer") to purchase up to the Maximum Tender Amount of its outstanding 5.500% Senior Notes due 2024 (the "Notes").
Richmond American Homes of California, Inc., a subsidiary of M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC), is pleased to announce the debut of two new model homes at Stone Bluff at White Rock Springs Ranch (RichmondAmerican.com/StoneBluffAtWhiteRockSpringsRanch) in Folsom.
Homebuilding prospects continue to be solid on upbeat demand in the second half of 2021. Let's see whether M.D.C. Holdings (MDC) or Taylor Morrison (TMHC) is a better housing stock at the moment.
MDC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|