M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC): Price and Financial Metrics
MDC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.27||52-week high||$51.94|
|Prev. close||$48.39||52-week low||$30.59|
|Day high||$49.40||Avg. volume||591,089|
|50-day MA||$41.64||Dividend yield||4.67%|
|200-day MA||$42.60||Market Cap||3.68B|
MDC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MDC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MDC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- MDC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
MDC Stock Summary
- MDC HOLDINGS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.02% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for MDC HOLDINGS INC is higher than merely 9.98% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for MDC HOLDINGS INC comes in at -14.98%, a number that bests merely 17.48% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MDC HOLDINGS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ATKR, JHG, MGPI, THO, and PATK.
- MDC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MDC HOLDINGS INC's official web site, go to www.richmondamerican.com.
MDC Valuation Summary
- MDC's price/earnings ratio is 9.5; this is 40.99% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MDC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDC.
MDC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 187.62%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 102.35%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -5.56%.
The table below shows MDC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MDC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MDC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 12.96% of graded US stocks.
- MDC's asset turnover comes in at 1.141 -- ranking 27th of 51 Construction stocks.
- CCS, LMB, and MTH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MDC.
The table below shows MDC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC) Company Bio
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. engages in homebuilding and originating mortgage loans. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
MDC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDC Latest Social Stream
View Full MDC Social Stream
Latest MDC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MDC HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDC as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC) closed at $47.39, marking a +0.64% move from the previous day.
Richmond American Homes of Florida, LP, a subsidiary of M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC), is pleased to announce that it recently purchased and closed on 63 homesites in Apollo Beach. The land is set to become Seasons at Waterset, an exciting addition to a popular Hillsborough County masterplan.
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. Named One of America's Greatest Workplaces for Parents & Families in 2023 by Newsweek®
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC), parent company to the Richmond American Homes companies, is excited to announce that it has been recognized as one of America's Greatest Workplaces for Parents & Families in 2023 by Newsweek magazine. Recipients of this award, which recognizes company commitment to fostering a work-life balance and family-friendly culture, were determined by a large-scale employer study conducted by Newsweek and Plant-A Insights Group.
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC) announced that it is scheduled to present at the Raymond James TMT and Consumer Conference on Tuesday, December 5, 2023, at 2:15 p.m. ET. The presentation can be heard live and will be available for replay by selecting the "Events" link on the Investor Relations section of the M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. website at www.mdcholdings.com.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights D.R. Horton, Lennar, KB Home, M.D.C. Holdings and Dream Finders Homes
D.R. Horton, Lennar, KB Home, M.D.C. Holdings and Dream Finders Homes are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
MDC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|