M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MDC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MDC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.89% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MDC is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- MDC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
MDC Stock Summary
- MDC's went public 35.93 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.42, Mdc Holdings Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 9.4% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 55.63%, Mdc Holdings Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 86.18% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mdc Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MBUU, BDSI, NCBS, KBH, and ASGN.
- Visit MDC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.richmondamerican.com.
MDC Valuation Summary
- MDC's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 42.86% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- MDC's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MDC's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDC.
MDC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -5.01%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 48.1%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 82.89%.
The table below shows MDC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MDC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MDC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 12.96% of graded US stocks.
- MDC's asset turnover comes in at 1.141 -- ranking 27th of 51 Construction stocks.
- CCS, LMB, and MTH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MDC.
The table below shows MDC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MDC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.99||52-week high||$63.86|
|Prev. close||$49.71||52-week low||$41.19|
|Day high||$50.09||Avg. volume||508,364|
|50-day MA||$49.51||Dividend yield||4.02%|
|200-day MA||$53.31||Market Cap||3.46B|
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (MDC) Company Bio
M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. engages in homebuilding and originating mortgage loans. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
MDC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDC Latest Social Stream
View Full MDC Social Stream
Latest MDC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mdc Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDC as an investment opportunity.
Richmond American Homes of Florida, LP, a subsidiary of M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC), is pleased to announce that it recently purchased and closed on the land for 175 future homesites in St. Cloud.
Richmond American Homes of Florida, LP, a subsidiary of M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC), is pleased to announce that it recently purchased and closed on 74 homesites in Dundee.
Richmond American Homes of California, Inc., a subsidiary of M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MDC), is pleased to announce that the highly anticipated Windsong at Winding Creek community in Roseville is now open for sales. The notable new neighborhood showcases four inspired floor plans, including some from the builder's sought-after Seasons™ Collection. Prices start from the $600s.
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
Wall Street analysts expect M.D.C. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:MDC) to report sales of $1.40 billion for the current quarter, according to Zacks Investment Research. Three analysts have provided estimates for M.D.C.s earnings. The highest sales estimate is $1.42 billion and the lowest is $1.38 billion. M.D.C. posted sales of $1.04 billion during the same quarter last 
MDC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|