Medtronic PLC (MDT): Price and Financial Metrics
MDT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.75||52-week high||$98.89|
|Prev. close||$82.76||52-week low||$75.76|
|Day high||$83.25||Avg. volume||6,248,399|
|50-day MA||$84.98||Dividend yield||3.34%|
|200-day MA||$83.45||Market Cap||110.09B|
MDT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDT POWR Grades
- MDT scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 81.66% of US stocks.
- MDT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MDT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 64th percentile.
MDT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $116,398,770,213, MEDTRONIC PLC has a greater market value than 98.35% of US stocks.
- MDT's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MDT is more volatile than merely 3.51% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MDT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HON, EW, PH, OTIS, and IBM.
- Visit MDT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.medtronic.com.
MDT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, MDT's price/sales ratio is 72.73% higher, now standing at 3.8.
- Over the past 243 months, MDT's price/sales ratio has gone down 4.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDT.
MDT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 18.89%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.68%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 3.69%.
The table below shows MDT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MDT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MDT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.82% of graded US stocks.
- MDT's asset turnover comes in at 0.334 -- ranking 125th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- XRAY, BAX, and PEN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MDT.
The table below shows MDT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MDT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MDT, see our MDT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$145.56||Average Broker Recommendation||1.47 (Moderate Buy)|
Medtronic PLC (MDT) Company Bio
Medtronic plc is an American-Irish registered medical device company that primarily operates in the United States. Medtronic has an operational and executive headquarters in Fridley, Minnesota in the US. In 2015, Medtronic acquired Irish–tax registered Covidien (a U.S. tax inversion to Ireland from 2007), in the largest U.S. corporate tax inversion in history, which enabled Medtronic to move its legal registration from the U.S. to Ireland. Medtronic operates in 140 countries and employs over 104,950 people. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MDT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDT Latest Social Stream
View Full MDT Social Stream
Latest MDT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MEDTRONIC PLC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDT as an investment opportunity.
The 3 Best Income Stocks to Buy in a Rising-Interest-Rate Scenario
Traders are bored with Treasuries and demand more risk, but still prefer stability.
Medtronic's EV ICD System Proves Effective in Cardiac Arrhythmia Management: Long-term Study Results
Medtronic plc (NYSE: MDT) announced longer-term follow-up results of its investigational Extravascular Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (EV ICD) System, designed to treat dangerously fast heart rhythms that can lead to sudden cardiac arrest, including patients followed through an average of 17.1 months. Medtronic says its EV ICD system is a first-of-its-kind implantable defibrillator designed to avoid certain risks of traditional, transvenous ICDs because its lead (thin wire) is placed out
Medtronic Extravascular ICD global clinical trial results reinforce device safety and effectiveness
Medtronic plc (NYSE: MDT), a global leader in healthcare technology, announced longer-term follow-up results of its investigational EV ICD™ System, designed to treat dangerously fast heart rhythms that can lead to sudden cardiac arrest. Findings from the Extravascular Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (EV ICD) Pivotal Study, including patients followed through an average of 17.1 months, were presented as late-breaking science at Heart Rhythm 2023 in New Orleans. The EV ICD system is investi
Medtronic Designated as a "3+" Company in the 50/50 Women on Boards Gender Diversity Directory(TM)
Medtronic is now designated as a "3+" company in the 50/50 Women on Boards Gender Diversity Directory™.
What's in the Cards for Medtronic (MDT) in Q4 Earnings?
Medtronic (MDT) is likely to have prioritized its R&D investments, which might get reflected in the fiscal Q4 results.
MDT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MDTWant to do more research on Medtronic plc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Medtronic plc (MDT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Medtronic plc (MDT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Medtronic plc (MDT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...