Medtronic PLC (MDT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MDT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where MDT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.65% of US stocks.
- MDT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MDT's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 15.14% of US stocks).
MDT Stock Summary
- MDT has a market capitalization of $175,406,373,574 -- more than approximately 98.7% of US stocks.
- Medtronic plc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Medtronic plc's share price is greater than that of merely 5.73% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Medtronic plc are HON, TXN, SAP, MRK, and COST.
- Visit MDT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.medtronic.com.
MDT Valuation Summary
- MDT's price/earnings ratio is 47.9; this is 40.88% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MDT's price/sales ratio has gone down 4.8.
- Over the past 243 months, MDT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDT.
MDT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 12.84%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 34.29%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 0.28%.
The table below shows MDT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MDT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$131.31||52-week high||$132.30|
|Prev. close||$130.68||52-week low||$94.64|
|Day high||$131.71||Avg. volume||4,476,663|
|50-day MA||$126.08||Dividend yield||1.92%|
|200-day MA||$119.18||Market Cap||176.47B|
Medtronic PLC (MDT) Company Bio
Medtronic plc is an American-Irish registered medical device company that primarily operates in the United States. Medtronic has an operational and executive headquarters in Fridley, Minnesota in the US. In 2015, Medtronic acquired Irish–tax registered Covidien (a U.S. tax inversion to Ireland from 2007), in the largest U.S. corporate tax inversion in history, which enabled Medtronic to move its legal registration from the U.S. to Ireland. Medtronic operates in 140 countries and employs over 104,950 people. (Source:Wikipedia)
MDT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Medtronic plc. To summarize, we found that Medtronic plc ranked in the 19th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 81.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Medtronic plc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.49 years, is 0% -- higher than just 21.91% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- As a business, MDT is generating more cash flow than 89.34% of positive cash flow stocks in the Healthcare.
- Medtronic plc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MDT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDT Latest Social Stream
View Full MDT Social Stream
Latest MDT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Medtronic plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDT as an investment opportunity.
Reconstructive Surgery Market to See Good Value Within a Growth Theme || Top Players - Medtronic ,Johnson & Johnson ,GE Healthcare
Advance Market Analytics published a new research publication on "Reconstructive Surgery Market Insights, to 2026" with 232 pages and enriched with self-explained Tables and charts in presentable format. In the Study you will find new evolving Trends, Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities
Diabetes Care Devices Market Latest Innovations And Trends 2021-2028 | Roche , Medtronic plc, J&J, Abbott
The Diabetes Care Devices Market is poised to take off in upcoming years hence showing a highly positive outlook through 2020-2028, according to a recently released report. Diabetes Care Devices Market report covers industry chain analysis, latest market trends &
Insights on the Pedicle Screw System Global Market to 2027 - Featuring Alphatec Spine, Medtronic and Stryker Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
The Hemostasis and Tissues Sealing Agents market is diversified with an extensive number of products and the presence of major players such as Medtronic, BD, Pfizer, Baxter, Teleflex, among others.
DelveInsights Hemostasis and Tissue Sealing Agents Market report provides an in-depth analysis of Hemostasis and Tissue Sealing Agents, as well as historical and forecasted market trends in the US, EU5 
In this article, we will be looking at the 10 best dividend achievers to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to the 5 Best Dividend Achievers to Buy. According to a Reuters report on July 2nd, as investors began grappling with […]
MDT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|