Medtronic PLC (MDT): Price and Financial Metrics
MDT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.94||52-week high||$92.02|
|Prev. close||$79.99||52-week low||$68.84|
|Day high||$80.23||Avg. volume||5,996,146|
|50-day MA||$74.64||Dividend yield||3.45%|
|200-day MA||$81.84||Market Cap||106.29B|
MDT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDT POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MDT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.67% of US stocks.
- MDT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- MDT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
MDT Stock Summary
- MDT has a market capitalization of $94,042,122,835 -- more than approximately 97.64% of US stocks.
- MDT's went public 37.89 years ago, making it older than 93.05% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of MEDTRONIC PLC's share price is greater than that of merely 14.77% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MDT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BDX, BSX, SYK, ETN, and ZTS.
- Visit MDT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.medtronic.com.
MDT Valuation Summary
- MDT's price/earnings ratio is 26.7; this is 9.88% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- MDT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 2.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDT.
MDT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 18.89%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.68%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 3.69%.
The table below shows MDT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MDT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MDT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.82% of graded US stocks.
- MDT's asset turnover comes in at 0.334 -- ranking 125th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- XRAY, BAX, and PEN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MDT.
The table below shows MDT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Medtronic PLC (MDT) Company Bio
Medtronic plc is an American-Irish registered medical device company that primarily operates in the United States. Medtronic has an operational and executive headquarters in Fridley, Minnesota in the US. In 2015, Medtronic acquired Irish–tax registered Covidien (a U.S. tax inversion to Ireland from 2007), in the largest U.S. corporate tax inversion in history, which enabled Medtronic to move its legal registration from the U.S. to Ireland. Medtronic operates in 140 countries and employs over 104,950 people. (Source:Wikipedia)
MDT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDT Latest Social Stream
View Full MDT Social Stream
Latest MDT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MEDTRONIC PLC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDT as an investment opportunity.
Medtronic plc (NYSE:MDT) Q4 2024 Earnings Call Transcript November 21, 2023 Medtronic plc beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $1.25, expectations were $1.18. Ryan Weispfenning: Good morning. Welcome to a crisp fall morning here in Minnesota. I’m Ryan Weispfenning, Vice President and Head of Medtronic Investor Relations. And I appreciate that you’re joining us this […]
Investing in solid, growing businesses is a less risky road to riches than investing in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
Companies in The News Are: CNC, LOW, MDT, BIDU
Can Medtronic plc's (NYSE:MDT) Weak Financials Pull The Plug On The Stock's Current Momentum On Its Share Price?
Medtronic's (NYSE:MDT) stock is up by a considerable 8.6% over the past month. We, however wanted to have a closer look...
Medtronic received the mark for its single-shot PFA device, clearing the company to expand its portfolio of European atrial fibrillation devices.
MDT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|