MDU Resources Group Inc. (MDU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MDU POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MDU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.96% of US stocks.
- MDU's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MDU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
MDU Stock Summary
- MDU's went public 33.75 years ago, making it older than 90.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Mdu Resources Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MDU, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 80.37% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Mdu Resources Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NOMD, UHAL, GRFS, AGO, and SSRM.
- MDU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Mdu Resources Group Inc's official web site, go to www.mdu.com.
MDU Valuation Summary
- MDU's price/earnings ratio is 15.1; this is 35.05% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- MDU's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- MDU's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MDU.
MDU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MDU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.45||52-week high||$35.02|
|Prev. close||$31.89||52-week low||$20.95|
|Day high||$32.47||Avg. volume||1,031,807|
|50-day MA||$32.09||Dividend yield||2.68%|
|200-day MA||$29.33||Market Cap||6.53B|
MDU Resources Group Inc. (MDU) Company Bio
MDU Resources Group provides value-added natural resource products and related services that are essential to energy and transportation infrastructure, including regulated utilities and pipelines, construction materials and services, and exploration and production. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Bismarck, North Dakota.
MDU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MDU, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Mdu Resources Group Inc ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 28.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MDU, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.21 years comes in at 0.32%; that's greater than 69.88% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Mdu Resources Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.13% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Mdu Resources Group Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 63.79% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MDU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MDU Latest Social Stream
View Full MDU Social Stream
Latest MDU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mdu Resources Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MDU as an investment opportunity.
MDU Resources' (MDU) units are preparing to expand natural gas pipelines and supply more natural gas in the Eastern North Dakota.
Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. and WBI Energy, Inc., both subsidiaries of MDU Resources Group, Inc. (NYSE: MDU), today announced plans for a natural gas pipeline expansion project in eastern North Dakota that will provide more natural gas to customers in Wahpeton, North Dakota, and extend natural gas service to Kindred, North Dakota.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does MDU Resources (MDU) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Most investors tend to think that hedge funds and other asset managers are worthless, as they cannot beat even simple index fund portfolios. In fact, most people expect hedge funds to compete with and outperform the bull market that we have witnessed in recent years. However, hedge funds are generally partially hedged and aim at […]
WBI Energy, Inc., a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group, Inc. (NYSE: MDU), began construction this week on the North Bakken Expansion project in northwestern North Dakota. This natural gas pipeline expansion will have capacity to transport 250 million cubic feet of natural gas per day from the Bakken Formation. WBI Energy received a notice to proceed on July 8 from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, allowing construction to commence.
MDU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MDUWant to do more research on Mdu Resources Group Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Mdu Resources Group Inc (MDU) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mdu Resources Group Inc (MDU) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mdu Resources Group Inc (MDU) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch